Forum Settings
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2016 4:16 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Double chapter this week. Oooh The Ghost Knight aka Sir Zaratras?! I wasn't expecting this although I have a weird feeling about it; as if it's that's really him.

And poor Meliodas...I feel bad for Elizabeth here.
Jun 20, 2016 4:24 AM

Dec 2012
Elizabeth's cooking is just as bad as Meliodas. So sad to see her in pain just waiting for Meliodas to wake up.
The wandering knight is none other than Sir Zaratras. He's alive & well.
Did not expect that. Hopefully next week we find out what really happened to him.
Santoryu_XBurnerJun 20, 2016 4:28 AM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 20, 2016 4:36 AM

Sep 2013
Told you guys he was alive.
Jun 20, 2016 4:37 AM

Jan 2016
I didnt expect that :o maybe it's gray lord ?
Jun 20, 2016 4:38 AM

May 2015
Zaratras? What a surprise wasn't he dead?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2016 4:42 AM

Aug 2010
Loved the panel Elizabeth was hugging Mel's sleeping/dead body.

And Zaratras huh. Well not very surprising but I wonder where he's been and just how strong he is in comparison to the 10C? Also where the sins are right now
Jun 20, 2016 5:35 AM

Aug 2013
Zaratras?! What the fuck?!

Like, him being alive is incredibly surprising right now! There was never any hint of this before, was there? I've completely forgotten. Oh shit, that stuff in Chapter 168 about that thing on Dreyfus, riiiiight.

Shradow115Jun 20, 2016 5:41 AM
Jun 20, 2016 5:38 AM

Jul 2015
Barion-Zara said:

And Zaratras huh. Well not very surprising but I wonder where he's been and just how strong he is in comparison to the 10C?

it was said he is as strong as the member of the seven sins. so maybe he is a bit below 10C level
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Jun 20, 2016 6:22 AM
Jun 2016
There is like no doubt the sins will be back (Or the series can't even continue lol) but HOW??????????!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 20, 2016 6:26 AM

Dec 2013
I really didn't expect Zaratras to be alive. This series really does love bringing back people from the dead.
Jun 20, 2016 6:51 AM

Sep 2014
Elizabeth is such a damn annoying character. He existence is borderline pointless in this series. All this bitch does is cry, get groped and cry some more. Just get her the fuck out the way already. I wanna see Super Sun God Escanor go ham.
Jun 20, 2016 6:55 AM

Jun 2009
Elizabeth's spine sure is something else...
Jun 20, 2016 8:09 AM

May 2015
Onikilla said:
Elizabeth's spine sure is something else...
She needs it if she the author wants to emphasize both top and bottom parts ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2016 8:10 AM

Jan 2010
I was expecting more hype considering we got a double chapter. They were both boring and I knew Mel wouldn't be dead...asspull incoming.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Jun 20, 2016 9:50 AM
Jul 2014
Meliodas is still dead. I don't know where you got the idea that he wasn't.
Jun 20, 2016 10:13 AM

Feb 2010
No surprise with Zaratas, specially after everyones been speaking about the idea of him being alive the past few months. Gotta give Elizabeth credit for how she's going on like that too.
Jun 20, 2016 10:41 AM

Feb 2008
I wouldn't be surprised if his heart is growing back, a demon can't be easily get killed.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 20, 2016 11:06 AM

Jun 2014
I had a strong feeling Zaratras would still be alive after seeing this page from a past chapter.

So this reveal isn't really that surprising. Maybe he'll play a role in bringing Meliodas back to life.....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 20, 2016 11:17 AM

Jul 2015
logic340 said:
I was expecting more hype considering we got a double chapter. They were both boring and I knew Mel wouldn't be dead...asspull incoming.

well technically mel is still dead atm. dont know why you think he is alive in the new chapters
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Jun 20, 2016 11:37 AM

Jan 2010
Galaxy__ said:
logic340 said:

well technically mel is still dead atm. dont know why you think he is alive in the new chapters
He is obviously not dead or he would be decomposing by now it has been a month since his defeat. Also at the end of the chapter Elizabeth is asking him to "open your eyes...wake up" rather than "come back to life". These are phrases you say to someone in a coma not someone who is dead, the context clues tell us a lot about the given situation.

Grimmgeta said:
Death comes with decomposition. Has Mel's body decomposed at all in the last month since his defeat? Look at his body his wounds have even healed...lol. where did I get that from?? Why did you ever think he was dead in the first place?

Jun 20, 2016 11:43 AM

Jan 2015
Confused as fuck, two dead people are alive hmm K
Jun 20, 2016 11:59 AM
Nov 2015
He is alive for 10 years, now he just revealed himself and made the seven deadly sins take all the blame for his death.

Jun 20, 2016 12:05 PM

Sep 2012
The body of Meliodas is probably like the fairies: it does not decompose (remember that Elaine had no hole in the stomach later). After it's just a narrative device to have a clean body and pretty poetic scenes. And this double page with Meliodas and Elie was beautiful! However Meliodas has always his scars : seven scars? Tribute to Hokuto no Ken? ^^
Elaine, Helbram and now Meliodas: nothing new. The trick is to have a clean and true ressurection. That's the new challenge.

Otherwise chapter very friendly and breathable nostalgia. So, is it Zaratas that will guide Elie in his resurrection quest? After all a "dead" is the best candidate ^^ While I thought it would be Merlin.

So the status of Sins remain mysterious:
- Captured? The TC would have left alive? doubtful,
- In depressive mode: not very convincing that the Six both had this type of development / pause (one or two, why not, but all?)
- They are already into a quest: to bring back life Meliodas or find a way to defeat the TC?

Edit : For the Arthur's cat I begin to wonder if it is not outright Merlin into mode "I regenerates myself with a powerful new body through a feline statut to signify a sleep mode"^^ It Merlin has not seen since training session, corresponding.
ange_bleuJun 20, 2016 12:43 PM
Jun 20, 2016 1:11 PM

May 2012
Yup, suspected Zaratas was alive from a past chapter ~10 ago or so...or that much was pretty much spoon fed to us anyway lol

Jun 20, 2016 1:51 PM
Jul 2014
logic340 said:
Galaxy__ said:

He is obviously not dead or he would be decomposing by now it has been a month since his defeat. Also at the end of the chapter Elizabeth is asking him to "open your eyes...wake up" rather than "come back to life". These are phrases you say to someone in a coma not someone who is dead, the context clues tell us a lot about the given situation.

Grimmgeta said:
Death comes with decomposition. Has Mel's body decomposed at all in the last month since his defeat? Look at his body his wounds have even healed...lol. where did I get that from?? Why did you ever think he was dead in the first place?

She also followed up with saying she can't bear to live in a world without him, which points more to him being dead than in a coma. Why did I think he was dead in the first place? Because Estarossa destroyed all of his hearts, not to mention the editor's note saying he has fallen. As for his body and wounds, it either has something to do with Elizabeth's power, the fact the Meliodas is part demon, or both. It's not like this would be the first time a dead body didn't decompose, just look at Elaine.

If it somehow ends up being that he was in a coma this entire time and that's the reason he looks like that, then that's just going to end up looking really bad on the mangaka. I'd like to think Nakaba is smarter than that, and considering he's done a pretty damn good job on the series so far, I'm certainly willing to trust him for now.
Jun 20, 2016 2:08 PM

Jan 2010
Grimmgeta said:
logic340 said:

She also followed up with saying she can't bear to live in a world without him, which points more to him being dead than in a coma. Why did I think he was dead in the first place? Because Estarossa destroyed all of his hearts, not to mention the editor's note saying he has fallen. As for his body and wounds, it either has something to do with Elizabeth's power, the fact the Meliodas is part demon, or both. It's not like this would be the first time a dead body didn't decompose, just look at Elaine.

If it somehow ends up being that he was in a coma this entire time and that's the reason he looks like that, then that's just going to end up looking really bad on the mangaka. I'd like to think Nakaba is smarter than that, and considering he's done a pretty damn good job on the series so far, I'm certainly willing to trust him for now.
is she living in the world with him now if he is in a coma/state of suspended animation? The context of what she said is the same either way. You make a good point about Elaine and I will admit I could be wrong about the decomposition considering Mel is a Demon and not Human. But his wounds being healed is still telling imo. We definitely have different views on the series so far but that's fine with me we're both entitled to that. I'm liking it more now though since Mels 's defeat is (imo) the best decision the author has made so far.

Jun 20, 2016 3:51 PM

Jun 2015
What a boring double chapter, other than Zaratas being alive, there wasn't really anything significant, just a bunch of hodgepodge. This manga has become so meh lately, I'm really starting to wonder when it's going to pick itself back up, 'cause I know it's possible for this to become great again.
"Hurry up with my damn croissants."
Jun 20, 2016 6:10 PM

Mar 2016
Ok commander, Chapter 179 sucked dung, should we pull out??? Not yet Lieutenant... a little while longer.... *Chapter 180 Comes* THATS BS COMMANDER, how da HOLY KNIGHT STILL ALIVE, WE SHOULD PULL OUT BEFORE WE GET NUKED BY CLICHES. Cancel that, Lieutenant, WE'RE STAYING FOR THE SHOUNEN OVERDOSE!
Jun 21, 2016 7:01 AM

Aug 2014
Zaratas is alive? What. The. HELL??!!! That was quite the surprise really.
Jun 21, 2016 8:44 AM
Sep 2015
I might just stay on Reddit now
People on here hate on the series every chapter and it's not only with this series, there's trolls on every Forum I go on like I know everyone has their own opinion but some of you guys dislike these series for the dumbest reasons ever
Jun 21, 2016 2:00 PM

Aug 2013
Fredluv2339 said:
I might just stay on Reddit now
People on here hate on the series every chapter and it's not only with this series, there's trolls on every Forum I go on like I know everyone has their own opinion but some of you guys dislike these series for the dumbest reasons ever

In my experience there's just a lot more of a negative bias in general at MAL. It seems like no one's ever happy a lot of the time.
Jun 22, 2016 12:43 AM

Jan 2011
I did not know that Kubo was doing another manga.....
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Jun 22, 2016 11:44 AM
Oct 2013
cronosteso23 said:
I did not know that Kubo was doing another manga.....

xD, he´s on a training spree. Hiro Mashima is among his disciples too, gotta teach them all the ways of trolling.

Jokes aside this chapter went full Fairy Tail and why do people like Elisabeth to begin with? She´s literally the worst Damsel in Distress in Shounen History.
Her consistant prevalence in the foreground doesn´t make it better.
I´m glad that the japanese got some taste and left boringliodas and blandlisabeth at the bottom of the rankings for the sake of the characters that have to tell an actually interesting story.

Baring the risk to get all the hate from the Taizai fanboys, Lucy is a better heroine than Elisabeth. I´d even say Sakura, because she did something, that wasn´t lookign pretty imo, but nonetheless she did support.
IsterioJun 22, 2016 12:09 PM
Jun 22, 2016 1:40 PM

Jun 2013
Oh dear...XD Golgius-chan is quite horrified in fear that Hawk and Lizzie find about him being part of the Old enemies.

LOl!! HAWK!! !these clothes and everything are for Meliodas? QUite different Tune in the Bell? well...after what happened...

...ah so they had realized already....Damn Lizzie is kind as always....She has grown up tough...I am so Proud! "Tear in Eye" and Confirmed...she just admitted that she loves MELIODAS!

ZARATHAS!?! WHAT DA F***!!!! I KNEW!!! GILFROST MUST THEN BE GILTHUNTER'S HALF-BROTHER!!!
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jul 13, 2016 8:51 PM

Aug 2014
Had to check the wiki for Golgius because for the life of me I could not remember who he was...

Zaratras's alive? Great another character added to the ever growing list of people that should be dead but for some odd reason aren't.
Sep 7, 2021 12:21 AM

Jan 2013
This story has a really big problem with consequences... or more like the lack of them. Dead people turn out to be alive every 10 chapters or so.
Mar 2, 2023 9:10 PM
Aug 2018
What!? Plot twist!
Mar 24, 2023 1:37 AM
May 2021
ambza said:
What!? Plot twist!

i’m surprised people still come here

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 293 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

12 by phantom346 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 283 Discussion

artemis37 - Sep 24, 2018

13 by phantom346 »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 273 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 13, 2018

2 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 7:27 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 272 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 13, 2018

1 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 269 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 13, 2018

1 by phantom346 »»
Yesterday, 6:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.