Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 14, 2017 3:34 AM
Jun 2016
I know it's JoJo, but still, it was frustrating to see Josuke and Jotaro casually walk at a really slow pace while Okuyasu was in great danger. It was worse after that, when he had his arm cut. I get that Josuke knew that he could heal him, but still, he could have died at any moment, it really felt out of his character to see him not giving a fuck and not trying to heal him ASAP, we're talking about the guy who was freaking out and worrying about his friend over some pastas in the last episode...
Sep 6, 2017 7:58 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode! I always wonder why the fuck Jotaro and Josuke wasn't running to Okuyasu?

Glad I'm watching this on BD. It actually shows the hand being decapitated with blood and all :)
Sep 22, 2017 8:07 AM

Apr 2013
why aren't we seeing his face...? Nice fight btw, really liked the use of The Hand. And now Chilli is reminding me of Frieza.
Dec 18, 2018 8:07 AM

Dec 2014
So we will see Joseph in the next episode... I hope..this keeps on getting better
Apr 4, 2019 11:57 PM

Apr 2014
holy shit i'm like in love with this season's Jotaro, he's a completely different person in the best way possible. well not completely, but it's obvious he changed with age. it's a shame that he finally speaks more once he's a side character. he still seems pretty stale and emotionless but at least you get to see him talk and rely on his brain more than the "orarararara"

i mean there's still some typical infuriating Jojo things like them not even rushing over to help and just watching the fight go down and everyone revealing their plans out loud

still unsure of how to feel about Josuke, sometimes he seems alright but most of the time i dislike him. he's not very developed so far so i'll cut him some slack but honestly he's really boring to watch. usually i would hate his sidekicks because they're the character types i hate but there's just so many characters i dislike this season that i don't even mind them as much. i'll try to keep an open mind but man i'm not enjoying the episodes as much as i hoped i would

it's also good to see Joseph grow old, it's refreshing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2019 8:02 PM

Oct 2013
Okuyasu vs. Chili Pepper was a good fight, showing and emphasing how powerful his Stand is. He can help its user to move faster (like Okuyasu chasing his motorbike) or be extremely dangerous in a battle.

Chili Pepper was so mean when he called Okuyasu as somebody with "underdeveloped brain". >:( Okuyasu has huge intelectual potential waiting to be revealed, vide that situation in Tony's restaurant from the previous episode.

I like Chili Pepper's design. It also has some elements of, dunno, a hybrid between Frieza and Cell from Dragon Ball, at least I can see something like that.

btw. is it me, or was artstyle in this episode slightly better than in the previous ones (still high quality)?
AdnashApr 28, 2019 3:20 PM
May 11, 2019 9:41 AM
Apr 2016
Damn, the electro-stand really has gotten stronger, still it's rather weak, it's only sly. Good episode.
Jun 21, 2019 2:22 AM

Dec 2012
lol at Tomoko trying to get Josuke off the game.
He lost.
Red Hot Chili Pepper.
Dat quick shot.
Dat counter.
Jotaro.
The Stands name is Hermit Purple.
He's 79.
He was in the bike? You've got to be kidding me.
Chili Pepper is leaking.
Of course there are electric cables.
Oh shit! Okuyasu's arm!
He took Okuyasu.
Okuyasu is back.
Dat cough.

Glad they went back to the original opening version.
RobJun 21, 2019 2:26 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 28, 2019 8:42 AM

Mar 2012
You guys sure took your sweet time walking to Okuyasu and Red Hot Chilli Pepper...
Sep 18, 2019 1:23 AM

Aug 2015
RIP Jotaro's Dreamcast
Not sure how Jotaru knew Red Hot Chili Pepper's name...was that from the episode they first met?

also, Jotaro's mom is so hot

I think Okayasu is becoming my favorite character
Oct 24, 2019 9:43 AM

Mar 2019
Ok,didn't expect Okuyasu to get screen time alone so +1 for that.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 18, 2020 2:46 AM

Mar 2016
Red Hot Chilly Pepper is just absolutely annoying, both his power and his attitude. But that's what made him interesting...
Feb 12, 2020 5:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Red Chili Pepper fight is really great, my favorite opponent so far
Mar 1, 2020 9:52 AM

Mar 2010
I guess we all know there is always a reason when a enemy provoke you. funny how they stayed composed though.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 31, 2020 5:21 PM

May 2013
"Talking is a Free Action." I imagine the entire sequence of events towards the end of the episode is easier to suspend disbelief for in the manga, because it was frustrating here. I kind of just want to read that, but the anime has been pretty good aside from that.

Josuke playing it cool was done purely in service of the surprise reveal that he could heal Okuyasu using his arm after all. I don't think that was consistent with his character otherwise. For Jotaro, sure.

The fight itself was really good (except that Josuke and Jotaro don't even try to do anything when they reach Okuyasu). The Stands in this part are pretty creative so far.
fatdinosaurOct 3, 2021 8:22 PM
Jun 13, 2020 11:13 AM
Apr 2020
You gotta be kidding me. Why don't you just show us that old guy Joestar already
Jun 13, 2020 7:34 PM

Mar 2020
Characters making the dumbest decisions for plot device to try and stretch these fights as much as possible is getting annoying at this point.
I was trying not to judge it in Part 1 and 2 since it was written in the 80's and Araki was just starting to get the hang of things, but goddamn we're in Part 4 now ffs this shit got to stop.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Sep 23, 2020 7:39 PM

Oct 2019
Here’s a breakdown:
Episode 1: No OP, No Ed
Episode 2-7: AMAZING Op, Ed
Episode 8: PRETTY OKAY EDM arrange version Op, No Ed
Episode 9: BETTER AFTER SECOND LISTEN EDM arrange version Op, Ed
Episode 10: No Op, Ed
This episode: back to the AMAZING Op, Ed
I bet episode 12 will be EDM Op ver 3.14159 with EDM Ed ver 2000
Nov 30, 2020 6:29 PM

Aug 2018
I thought Okuyasu died until I saw that Josuke and Jotaro weren't caring at all

Jul 10, 2021 1:01 PM

Mar 2019
Bro why didn't Jotaro just stop time and prevent Okuyasu from getting fucked over like that lmao, mf just stood there and watched it all happen. Could've stopped time and prevented him from hitting Chili as well, like bruh
Jul 26, 2021 12:01 PM

Apr 2018
Red Hot Chilli Pepper arrived for a duel against Jousuke.
The OST was truly amazing, man got a bit too cocky but Chilli Pepper's comeback was something else. His attacks might be stronger than Jotaro's according to Jousuke.

Chilli pepper is everywhere goddamn even heard the conversation from Jotaro xD
That was some insane movement from Oyusuke.
Man, he was so smart yet so dumb in this ep.

Chilli pepper managed to escape.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 12, 2021 12:45 AM

Jan 2021
Red hot chilli pepper is built like Frieza the fight was good Okuyasu had him with ZA HANDO it really is op he just needs to get faster at using it
Dec 4, 2021 10:12 AM
Nov 2020
Rare footage of Okuyasu unbelievably using his brain
Dec 9, 2021 3:00 PM

Jan 2011
It's rare to see such a blatant example of lazy/foreced writing, both with the bike and them walking slow as fuck, and as that wasn't slow enough they stopped again and again. It was so bad i expected them to pull a "it was part of the plan all along", but no..

And them not caring about Okuyasu? Sure, as long as he's alive he can be healed, but it's not like people tend to stay alive for long when having both their arm cut off and being electrocuted on an overland line. They had no way of knowing how long he'd still be alive, heck, if he actually was still alive.

So far maybe the worst episode of all of JoJo, but at least of this season.
Jan 12, 2022 11:05 PM

Oct 2021
I've been really enjoying this part, probably my favourite so far. but for all it's qualities, it's still jojo; Which means all the characters are braindead, especially when it comes to their powers. There are easy solutions to problems, that characters chose to ignore and instead exposit about obvious information the audience already knows.
FOR EXAMPLE, when red hot chilli pepper shows up on the motorcycle, there are a number of ways to deal with this, namely, Jotaro's ability to FREEZE TIME. But no, instead he just stands there and does nothing.
Is this going to be a theme going forward? Jotaro forgetting that he can win every fight with ease? cause if so, that's reeeeeeaaaaall dumb.
Feb 21, 2022 8:42 AM

Sep 2015
Really really looking forward to seeing Joseph Joestar the next episode, I didn't like this episode :I
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Sep 29, 2022 6:39 PM
May 2020
I knew they were screwed within ten seconds of seeing that motorcycle. Dang smoking gun!
Also, I thought they said that Joseph was younger in an earlier episode.

Lastly, Okuyasu put up a good fight. He isn't the smartest, but he is at least average intelligence he shouldn't underestimate himself.
Oct 3, 2022 12:21 PM
Aug 2022
Finally I can finally see joseph again what a cute moment at the end the best thing in this part so far and defeating chili pepper is something that won't annoy me anymore but hope i'll see more greato moments in this part + the fights of course won't like to miss it
Nov 2, 2022 11:02 AM

Jan 2013
This was the first time I actually got annoyed with a Jojo episode!

The more I think about it, the more it may have been the pacing, but also just 'Jojo logic.' Usually its fine, but mixed with the pacing, left me frustrated.

First off, Why didnt RHCP not teleporting closer TO Okuyasu when he cut space like in his 1st fight with Josuke. It showed the opponent get pulled closer, while this time the rules were reversed. Also why didn't he just destroy the bike's battery?? Wouldve been so simple and screwed RHCP. Or atleadt separated it from the bike.

Now for Jotaru, why didn't he stop time right when RHCP appeared on the bike? OR when Okuyasu was about to "kill" RHCP? Or when he was taking Okuyasu into the cables? Also, why did he say he needed to "hurry" then walk to Okuyasu? Then to the train? Lol

Also, dumb brokuyasu got so confused by a simple question from RHCP lol. He should've just waited for the 3v1, even if he truly believed he wasn't hurt.

Okyasu arm flailing with with all the blood gushing lol. He makes the best facial expressions.

They def should've hurried on bringing Okuyasu back incase chili pepper killed him first
Funny how Josuke was so confident that just having a peice of his arm would bring back his whole body.
Pretty OP power if you ask me.

Still pisses me off how much help Jotaru couldve been in that encounter. I understand he's not the main character anymore though.

And Okuyasu phase-shift being exactly backwards on how it affects the distance lol. (But that does now open the opportunity to teleport him as we saw since he's the one moving from it now). That wouldve been gamechanging to bring chili pepper TO the group instead of him running off alone in that fight.

Wow even Josuke was so nonchalant there at the end lol, kinda rude to his new bro Okuyasa!

Now time to see old Joseph:( I hope he's still funny like in the last part.
Dec 4, 2022 12:59 AM

Aug 2019
Joseph is no longer in his prime

Muscles are gone and everything
Apr 28, 2023 11:09 AM
Apr 2020
not very exciting but Okuyasu's stand is pretty cool and I'm excited to see Joseph, even if he's old now
May 3, 2023 11:45 AM

Jan 2023
Stand RHCP is cunning like Joseph in his youth. It's good that the regular version of the song is back in the opening.
Sep 9, 2023 12:14 PM
Jul 2021
It was okay no cap!
May 14, 3:37 PM
Jun 2019
Reply to NwAurion
It's rare to see such a blatant example of lazy/foreced writing, both with the bike and them walking slow as fuck, and as that wasn't slow enough they stopped again and again. It was so bad i expected them to pull a "it was part of the plan all along", but no..

And them not caring about Okuyasu? Sure, as long as he's alive he can be healed, but it's not like people tend to stay alive for long when having both their arm cut off and being electrocuted on an overland line. They had no way of knowing how long he'd still be alive, heck, if he actually was still alive.

So far maybe the worst episode of all of JoJo, but at least of this season.
@NwAurion My exact thoughts. The entire time I was like, why tf did they stop running? Also, the classic example of SNEAKING up an enemy then screaming before attacking. Like why th did he have to talk before swiping his hands. Just get close, swipe hands, while he's distracted, and it's probably done.

What I'll also never understand is how my guy is fighting for his life, then they're letting him fight 1 v 1.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
May 22, 1:33 PM
Apr 2019
I liked that reference of the console nintendo 64.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

165 by Hevants »»
Jun 3, 4:41 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

161 by my_5ummer_love »»
Jun 2, 3:27 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

160 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
May 22, 11:21 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2016

149 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
May 22, 6:41 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2016

126 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
May 22, 5:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.