Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
did you wached it when you were a kid?
May 29, 2016 9:40 AM

Mar 2016
hey so this is a pretty old anime and i was just searching old anime series and i found this and damn i loved this when i was a kid the story is so great so frendly i kno it has 65 eps but one piece and naruto has more just try it im sure you wont regret
Jul 30, 2016 4:03 AM
Oct 2010
I absolutely loved this when I was around 6... I even watched some episodes as an adult, I'm 26 now, but still beautiful and gorgeous, the story has many adventure, its inspiring, so many strange things happening in the moomin world in a very special and unique way. the characters are very kind and the vibe of it so relaxed and warm, i think this thing gave me a lot <3
May 25, 2019 2:07 PM
May 2016
I’m sure you were thinking about the other, 1990 Moomin series. That’s the one that was popular and that’s what aired in my country and many others. The synopsis alone can prove that. If not, there are clips on YouTube. It also wasn’t translated, only the first episode was fansubbed. It can’t be what you remember.
jendoreiMay 25, 2019 2:13 PM
Mar 1, 2020 1:46 PM

Nov 2007
It was on TV here in the Netherlands, a dubbed version. As a 6-10 year old I hated it. The uncanny valley like creatures gave me nightmares. It had that really weird sinister vibe in my memory. The art style and animation, the bad dub, the weird pacing. I don't remember much of the plot either. I had the same feeling with Ahiro no kwak (Alfred J Kwak) which was actually written by a Dutch comedian. Both were apparently written for adults and kids alike.

I liked other kid anime on TV like Ox Tales (Boes, in Dutch), Wowser aka Dommel and some other shows.

I just wanted to see fun cartoons like looney tunes and Hannah Barbara stuff as a kid. No complex weird stuff.

Everything changed after Dragonball came along and I learned anime exists.
May 19, 2020 3:46 AM

Jun 2013
arnxx said:
It was on TV here in the Netherlands, a dubbed version. As a 6-10 year old I hated it. The uncanny valley like creatures gave me nightmares. It had that really weird sinister vibe in my memory. The art style and animation, the bad dub, the weird pacing. I don't remember much of the plot either. I had the same feeling with Ahiro no kwak (Alfred J Kwak) which was actually written by a Dutch comedian. Both were apparently written for adults and kids alike.

I liked other kid anime on TV like Ox Tales (Boes, in Dutch), Wowser aka Dommel and some other shows.

I just wanted to see fun cartoons like looney tunes and Hannah Barbara stuff as a kid. No complex weird stuff.

Everything changed after Dragonball came along and I learned anime exists.

The Moomin anime that aired in the Netherlands was the 1990's one, not this one ;) That dub was actually pretty well done with Pierre Cartner/Vader Abraham singing the songs. Dutch dubs nowadays, especially the dub of the newest Moomin series, are super cringy.

Ox Tales Dutch dub is full of jokes kids don't understand. Dommel I also did enjoy very much as a kid, one of my favourite shows back in the days :)
~Where's Gnasty Gnorc? I'll torch him!~
Nov 25, 2020 2:45 AM
May 2020
I remember watching it as a child, I was always afraid of this one episode where the ghost lived in a tree. Also, my Mother read out the Muumin Book to me.
Nov 16, 2021 1:37 AM

Oct 2019
I didn't watch it but I loved the books.
Apr 4, 2022 1:30 AM
Apr 2021
Im from 2005, I watched this, my parents watched this, this anime is from before my parents time. 3 generations right there.

More topics from this board

» Where could I find the series?

Necronomicon - May 6, 2020

5 by Memore »»
Apr 24, 2:40 AM

» Comics?

gupipy - Feb 27, 2010

0 by gupipy »»
Feb 27, 2010 5:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.