Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 16, 2016 8:33 PM
Feb 2015
I really enjoyed the Love Live anime so I thought I would check out the original manga and boy was I in for a shock. It's completely different from the anime. Firstly the characters are more serious and there's bits of drama here and there and secondly the manga is oozing with yuri all over it. Not to mention some characters are out of place (Example: Nozomi isn't in the student council, Nico's hairstyle is different) Like holy shit, is any of this even canon?
If you expect me to function like a normal human, you have another thing coming
May 16, 2016 8:55 PM

Nov 2008
The fact it's written by the queen of large family harems explains the drama and yuri (she also made Strawberry Panic). It's more of an alternate universe, something else she's done with another series in the past (Sister Princess).

May 17, 2016 3:14 AM
Feb 2015
Hoppy said:
The fact it's written by the queen of large family harems explains the drama and yuri (she also made Strawberry Panic). It's more of an alternate universe, something else she's done with another series in the past (Sister Princess).
Is there any official statement on which is alternate and which is canon?
If you expect me to function like a normal human, you have another thing coming
May 17, 2016 3:20 AM

Jun 2009
thehangman65 said:
the manga is oozing with yuri all over it.

*immediately puts it on PTR list*

This was the one thing the anime unfortunately lacked that would've made it ten times better.

Hoppy said:
(she also made Strawberry Panic).

Oh. Well...I might still check it out.
May 20, 2016 8:17 AM

Aug 2014
If I had to guess, it's probably the case that the anime is considered the official canon, whereas the mango, School Idol Diary, SIF, etc.

I loved both but various things about the manga I wished they had implemented into the anime, like the strong yuri, more serious tone and some of the character's differences in backstory and personality. (Manga Nico and Eli FTW)
May 21, 2016 5:56 AM

Aug 2008
According to wikipedia, Love Live anime(manga) is written by Jukki Hanada.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Live!

But MAL here stated Sakurako Kimino is the original creator for Love Live.
http://myanimelist.net/people/3007/Sakurako_Kimino

What's the difference and did wikipedia or MAL make mistake?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Oct 16, 2017 8:10 AM
Oct 2017
Lol just check the 2010 trailer of lovelive there u see the true hair of nico its like nozomi believe meh maybe lantis do a little bit of change yah know and it kinda pisses me off that theres no boy at lovelive but yeah...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2013

262 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Apr 22, 11:52 AM

» What's the watch order?

Kayroad - Dec 10, 2023

10 by October_Animate »»
Mar 16, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2013

120 by Needster »»
Feb 15, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2013

141 by firstamizade »»
Feb 3, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Love Live! School Idol Project Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

bippo - Mar 17, 2013

128 by Foreall908 »»
Jan 7, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.