Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jul 13, 2016 10:18 AM

Feb 2014
So... in real life 95% of the people would be men if an offline meeting was set. But in anime is exactly the opposite and 95% are women.

Damn you real life! sux a lot!
Damn you anime life! Too good to be true and I also hate you to not be true and make me realize how real life sux!
Jul 17, 2016 11:48 PM

Apr 2013
In the first place, why did you trust a girl character online. What the actual fuck, dude....

Real shit though that game looks pretty fun.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Aug 31, 2016 6:41 PM

Apr 2016
I did a review of this anime in my blog site, u can go check it out :

https://theinforsite.wordpress.com/2016/09/01/netoge-no-yome-wa-onnanoko-ja-nai-to-omotta-is-this-good/
Sep 3, 2016 3:47 AM

Aug 2009
in soviet "rusia", all online gamers you meet are girls IRL

so much coincidence the mc and mg's character look exactly like they are IRL

hoping to get more out of this series
Sep 17, 2016 8:33 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Cute...........That guy is fucking lucky lol Calling underrated anime!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 5, 2017 10:35 PM

Jul 2014
"I swear I would never fall in love" Female Character - " then we should consider getting married!!"

Me: "WTF!?!?!?"
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Apr 28, 2017 3:20 PM

May 2015
Ako is a lousy healer... I notice the way Rusian dies at the start was the same position as
in DBZ XD
Roy_FockerApr 28, 2017 3:24 PM
May 29, 2017 2:07 AM

Dec 2012
We start off some huge lovely oppai.
What? Did he just decline the oppai?
I've seen enough hentai to know where this is going.
LMAO He got Yamcha'd.
WTF she got aganst Otaku?
Pink haired girl is cute.
Sensei is fine!
Headtilt.
Funny how his character looks like him.
LMAO at him getting mobbed.
Dat oppai.
Schwein...he couldn't be who I think it is. Would be hypocritical if true.
Normie's can go die.
Those eyes. Whose are they?
FUCKING TRAP! LMFAO!!!!!!!
DAT RAGE! LMAO!
LMAO at Rusian responding to Ako saying she's actually a girl.
Dem booty cheeks.
OMG! She's beautiful! I'd hit it.
Rusian, you lucky fock! Getting touched by the oppai.
LMAO I knew it! I focking knew Schwein was Segawa.
Once I saw Goshouin, I knew.
Rusian, you lucky fock! Getting touched all over by Ako.
She used her real name? LMAO Well, she didn't know about net taboo so I'm not surprised.

Hideki: Ako...you're so....
Me: Cute? Beautiful? Perfect?

Hideki: This girl is my online wife?
Me: Sounds like you're in a LN, eh?

Dat ED.

Awesome episode. Hideki lucky as fock.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 4, 2017 5:44 AM

Aug 2013
A fun first episode. Enjoyed more than I thought.

Ako is adorable and Segawa ended being Schwein. What a lucky guy Nishimura is.

Nov 9, 2017 10:14 AM

Sep 2013
I liked it. Whent he healer drew agro in the opening scene, I realized the creator must have actually played online games before.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 9, 2017 11:57 AM

Sep 2012
Hideki: i fear i mus decline
Ako: may i ask why
Hideki: i swore to myself i never fall in love again i'm sry but that the way it is
Ako: i understand. then we should consider Getting married
ME: oh that girl 😂

when in game they talked about what they are real life i figure out there identity straight away Prez cause of her picture twin Swine cause i so her once in anime, it was way to obvious once they said they are girls

Vi- said:
So... in real life 95% of the people would be men if an offline meeting was set. But in anime is exactly the opposite and 95% are women.

Damn you real life! sux a lot!
Damn you anime life! Too good to be true and I also hate you to not be true and make me realize how real life sux!

IKR 😂
Sugram22Dec 9, 2017 12:04 PM
Feb 6, 2018 4:52 PM

Jul 2013
Rusian reminds me of Kazuma from Konosuba in fact this anime reminds me of Konosuba so I might actually enjoy this. Also I can relate to the idea of not wanting to date becuase it interferes with playing video games.
Feb 8, 2018 12:05 PM

Sep 2014
It's okay. I liked the Yamcha reference.
Feb 23, 2018 3:36 AM

Sep 2015
It's pretty cute and funny. I will most likely enjoy this
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Mar 22, 2018 3:06 PM

May 2016
Just like a normal harem anime pretty lame start but it surprised me that two of the members were girls.
Oct 5, 2018 1:20 PM

Apr 2013
Wow that was a really good first episode, better than expected. Ako is a real cutie and the jokes so far were on point. I hope for more online-jokes like "A P2W player..." xD
Oct 16, 2018 6:50 AM

Mar 2017
Just randomly decided to watch this on a whim. Was nice and easy to watch with some really funny moments. I had no idea his first GF was gonna turn out to be dude. Lol. Sometimes it pays not to read the synopsis..
Jan 4, 2019 5:27 AM

May 2013
Good start C: I'm glad Ako is so cute outside of school lololol X) She'd prolly be popular if she had her hair out of her face at school :P but I guess that's her pref to go undercover

I used to have a husbando on GaiaOnline, if anyone remembers that haha. Good times xD
Apr 26, 2019 10:37 AM

Jan 2014
I really need to say this somewhere: did anyone else notice the near 1:1 match the opening has with the opening theme of Oreimo? The layout of the song is nearly identical. It contains many of the same note patterns, there is only a 3-4 bpm difference, and even visually it includes those weird octopus plushies seen in Oreimo a lot.
SkeluxApr 27, 2019 9:51 AM
Jul 3, 2019 6:53 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
If it would be hentai. Ako would be straight away be used and abused my MC. Clingy and naive girl who was brave enough to cling on first offline meeting.

But at least seems MC ain't some cunt to abuse Ako. I hope by the end of the story their love blooms in reality as well. Even though Ako seems to be rather fanatic/yandere type.
Feb 28, 2020 4:52 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Great first episode I love it, Ako is soooo cute
Mar 24, 2020 10:04 PM

Feb 2020
I came to this anime not expecting much except for a few laughs because of the long name, but now that I see the first ep I'm really enjoying it.

Kyoto Animation rocks
Jul 15, 2020 7:59 AM
Jul 2020
I was definitely skeptical going into this, I'd seen a lot of mixed reviews and I was worried this was going to be another ecchi harem with a game twist, where the mc is amazing at games but unpopular at school and somehow ends up with 3+ girls interested in him. But from what I've seen of the first episode, that doesn't seem to be the case. At first I was a little worried that Ako's affection for Rusian was a little overdone but it fits in well with her personality luckily, I hope it stays that way. The same goes for the twintails-tsundere character (I'm bad at names TwT), she isn't that much of the typical tsundere character. Her appearance aside (which does fit in with the cliche tsundere), she's not necessarily a cold person or cruel or anything, she simply doesn't want anything to interfere with the hobbies. Her personality in her first scene at school was a bit much but I think it was mostly to make her stand out as a main character. So as long as that's all it was, I will definitely enjoy her going forward with the series. I'm very happy with the president's character, you'd expect her to very dependable in the game, but while she is strong, she is also quite reckless (not that characters that are there only to serve the purpose of going against what you'd expect are any good). I also like having a character that pays for premium items, as it almost grounds the show in reality - hopefully it won't be over done as well. I think if she had been set up as a "rich popular girl" at school, her character would have been much less enjoyable.

Overall, the characters are unique and don't fall into cliches too much, but aren't so "unique" that they are unrelatable and unrealistic. Especially in the case of female characters, there are two kinds that I generally don't enjoy, the cookie cutter typical character that fits exactly to the stereotype of a dere-type with no other aspects to the character, and characters that are only there to be expectation subversions - as if to say "look this isn't a typical girl! look how cool and unique she is! this has never been done before!" which makes me want to claw my eyes out.

Fortunately, Netoge avoids all of these deal-breakers for me, so I'm definitely looking forward to watching more!
Jan 10, 2022 6:15 PM
Jun 2020
The girls are cute and that's enough to keep me watching.
May 29, 2022 11:19 AM

Jan 2010
I'm glad that I initially assumed it was based on a light novel, and I was right.

For what it's worth, NetoYome is an anime that could only be created within the past 10 years. It's heavily entrenched in references to other media, full of jokes and memes prevalent in MMO gaming culture, elements of wish-fulfillment, and generally attempts to appeal to people with embarrassing gaming memories. Without aiming to become anything particularly profound, I suppose its appeal is to be fun and quirky without taking itself or its audience seriously. Might as well just have fun, I guess.
Aug 7, 2022 5:06 PM
Feb 2022
so damn tired of main guy character looking literally the exact same. do the artists even try beyond copy/paste anymore ?
Oct 26, 2022 6:57 AM
Sep 2022
kawaii and so much nice girls
Dec 17, 2022 7:18 AM

Jan 2021
Trash for the trash god!
Feb 3, 2023 4:43 PM
Dec 2016
divertido e com muita piada que da vergonha alheia, a animação é boa mas algumas cenas e poses das garotas sao meio exageradas , mas nada q "estrague" a experiência. to curtindo muito ate agora
Mar 25, 2023 5:50 AM
May 2020
bro lucked out with the waifu
Jan 6, 9:19 PM

Oct 2020
Reply to Cirris
Holy Crap! the ED gave me flashbacks to Oreimo first season, Claris "Irony". it's like a copycat song where they changed the notes, but it's carbon copy of Irony's arrangement.

Other than that, it seems like a good start. There's a lot of convenience in the plot. I'm lucky if just one of my guild mates is in the same state as me. Let alone the same town and school.

Ako reminds me of the pink haired chick from "Baka no Test". She's book smart, but still dumb as a box of rocks. The other two seem like cookie cutter cliched characters. the Tsundere, and the Ojou-sama.

It's generic as hell/ But unless i find a better lighthearted show, I'll stick with it. It's amusing enough. But not anywhere close to as good as "Konosuba" was from last season.
@Cirris

Hope you are still alive and well 7.5 years later. The similarity to ClariS' "Irony" was the first thing that immediately stuck out to me, exactly as you said. Normally I'd be kinda bothered by something like this but since I love "Irony" so much I don't mind. It's almost like listening to a cover version of it.
Apr 2, 3:03 PM
Nov 2021
May 4, 8:39 AM
Nov 2022
First episode right off the bat was so intriguing im going to guess it already a 10/10
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

78 by k4cper0 »»
Apr 7, 3:00 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2016

120 by k4cper0 »»
Apr 6, 2:39 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2016

179 by RGreatDanton »»
Nov 2, 2023 12:33 PM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2016

142 by RGreatDanton »»
Oct 29, 2023 6:59 AM

Poll: » Netoge no Yome wa Onnanoko ja Nai to Omotta? Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2016

154 by RGreatDanton »»
Oct 29, 2023 5:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.