Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 29, 2016 3:20 AM
Sep 2015
Don't you guys think that the Dressrosa arc is unnecessarily stretched out?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 16, 2016 3:16 AM
Nov 2015
ap92 said:
Don't you guys think that the Dressrosa arc is unnecessarily stretched out?

I can see why you might think that. It certainly has been the longest arc so far with more than a 100 chapters, - 102 - to be exact. But when I take into account all that has been revealed and established in this arc, I think that such an elaborate build up was well worth it. I shan't reveal anything yet in case you're only viewing the anime and have not read the manga, but if you've already finished reading the manga then I will be happy to discuss this matter further with you.
Mar 17, 2016 1:20 PM

Mar 2008
I agree with SikandarTheGreat. The length of the arc was necessary because a lot of big things were happening at once. Also a ton of characters were introduced and each one needed time for development because all of them will likely play a role in future events of the series. I don't think an arc being long is inherently a bad thing either anyway.
Mar 18, 2016 1:50 PM

Jul 2012
In my opinion it really is long. But it is not too long, since there is a lot of information that is needed to understand why certain people are thinking and acting the way they do. This arc is incredibly interesting in my opinion and it would be fatal to leave out some parts. (Which they already did leave out a lot, cause otherwise that arc would be totally overloaded, don't you think so too?)
But anyway, I see where you are coming from. I don't know if it did come to an end already, or not. But I would be glad to see a new arc coming up. (Eventhough I like Dressrosa a lot)
Mar 20, 2016 12:51 PM
Sep 2015
After reading the manga I understand what you guys mean. The arc was meant to be the way it was, and it was critical for the development of the characters as well as the plot. Thank you all for broadening my horizons :D
Mar 28, 2016 3:07 AM

Feb 2012
I do agree with all of you in the point of happenings, they introduced many new characters etc.

but they streched it also in motion and emotion effects (slow motion, drama, happines) I mean seriously i was bursting at the scene were Gyats wanted to say who the winner is( I was like DO IT JUST DO IT AND then came the flashbacks again...)

or when they were fighting in the arena, every 4 seconds they show us the viewers reactions(yeah the battles were epic just a glimps at them to show as how epic it is, is just fine)

Even the intro, yeah the opening thats fine i love it, but after words how the new era stared bla bla yeah i've been listenig to this for 15 years, yes this how our beloved OP started thank you.

If it is to let the manga put a gap between the anime Oda should say something so i can rest assured knowing this Unnecessary strecht will eventually end someday. (if someone can help me with that, i will be really thanful)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2016 2:28 PM

Mar 2008
OokamiNoSeishin said:
I do agree with all of you in the point of happenings, they introduced many new characters etc.

but they streched it also in motion and emotion effects (slow motion, drama, happines) I mean seriously i was bursting at the scene were Gyats wanted to say who the winner is( I was like DO IT JUST DO IT AND then came the flashbacks again...)

or when they were fighting in the arena, every 4 seconds they show us the viewers reactions(yeah the battles were epic just a glimps at them to show as how epic it is, is just fine)

Even the intro, yeah the opening thats fine i love it, but after words how the new era stared bla bla yeah i've been listenig to this for 15 years, yes this how our beloved OP started thank you.

If it is to let the manga put a gap between the anime Oda should say something so i can rest assured knowing this Unnecessary strecht will eventually end someday. (if someone can help me with that, i will be really thanful)

All of this is nothing new or exclusive to this arc. They've been doing that for quite some time since they are only adapting one manga chapter per episode. As long as they continue to only adapt one chapter per episode, the slow moments will be unavoidable. It would help if they gave the anime one big filler arc once in a while but it doesn't look like they want to do that.
Aug 16, 2016 1:48 AM

Jul 2016
I think yes, but somehow you cannot shorten it, but I think the anime does want to give a space in manga since its almost catching up to the chapters in the manga.
Aug 17, 2016 12:21 PM

Jan 2012
I don't feel like it was stretched out really, mainly because a lot of important stuff happened and/or was revealed.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Which is your favorite one piece movie?

Paituwin - Sep 1, 2021

9 by ToG25thBaam »»
May 18, 7:56 AM

» The gradually-increasing amount of fan-service in One Piece....thoughts on it?

KaiZodd - Dec 6, 2011

12 by philippeb »»
May 9, 3:00 PM

» Who are your favorite characters? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

gmgkng - Mar 19, 2010

282 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 7, 2023 3:36 PM

Sticky: » New nakama? Introduce yourself! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Alipio - Mar 3, 2010

652 by Kai_Dou »»
Jul 25, 2023 8:35 AM

» ★ Random Image Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

la_tigra - Mar 13, 2010

355 by Kwaxiiiii »»
Jan 17, 2022 10:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.