Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 5, 2016 3:32 PM

Apr 2015
So i was just wondering, does anyone get anoyed by the intro having "KoreHA zombie" as the title ?

Im not much good in jp. but as far as i can understand & find, using search, its not jp. or what ?

Does anyone know and are able to fill me in on this ?

Thx
Jan 30, 2016 7:50 PM

Oct 2015
Iiuc. Koreha is "original Japanese language", in Romaji writing - while Kore wa is transcription of Japanese from Kanji/ Hiragana into English language following accepted transcription methods [Hepburn or whatever].
Iirc. MAL decided long ago for "Transcripted Titles" and for consistency/ backwards compatability now is bound to that.

This lately get's even more complicated with the English language population moving over to international/ inter-western-language transcription standards.
Eg. what used to be transcribed by employing "ou" nowadays (lately) gets transcribed by employing ō - Senchō instead of the former Senchou.
Which is a totally user-unfriendly idea, since nobyody knows how to type ō on a standard en/us keyboard. >:-<
On the other hand, there is more consistency for us non-native-English speakers, as eg. it now is Senshō for me no matter if I read an English or a German text.
Which is still different from "Japanese in Romaji writing". *sigh*

Compare thousands of en.Wikipedia pages being moved over to ō-forms of the title.
(or my username - though that was because of character-limit - Bannou was one character too many :D )

PS - no, it does not particularly bother me with the title being written KOREHA - I am WAY more bothered by the "uneven" art, and other embarrassing faults the series has.

I still liked it overall. :D
BannoBunka_snorkJan 30, 2016 8:07 PM
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Feb 6, 2016 12:52 PM

Apr 2015
BannoBunka_snork said:
Iiuc. Koreha is "original Japanese language", in Romaji writing - while Kore wa is transcription of Japanese from Kanji/ Hiragana into English language following accepted transcription methods [Hepburn or whatever].
Iirc. MAL decided long ago for "Transcripted Titles" and for consistency/ backwards compatability now is bound to that.

This lately get's even more complicated with the English language population moving over to international/ inter-western-language transcription standards.
Eg. what used to be transcribed by employing "ou" nowadays (lately) gets transcribed by employing ō - Senchō instead of the former Senchou.
Which is a totally user-unfriendly idea, since nobyody knows how to type ō on a standard en/us keyboard. >:-<
On the other hand, there is more consistency for us non-native-English speakers, as eg. it now is Senshō for me no matter if I read an English or a German text.
Which is still different from "Japanese in Romaji writing". *sigh*

Compare thousands of en.Wikipedia pages being moved over to ō-forms of the title.
(or my username - though that was because of character-limit - Bannou was one character too many :D )

PS - no, it does not particularly bother me with the title being written KOREHA - I am WAY more bothered by the "uneven" art, and other embarrassing faults the series has.

I still liked it overall. :D

Well, i must be honerst.

Kore ----- WA ---- Zombie ---- Desu ---- KA
This--- Particle--- Zombie -------- Is ---- Meaning its a question
(this will be HA IF in word for the hiragana)

Isent that the real way to say it ? "Kore wa zombie desu ka ?"
Or is it actually "koreHA zombie desu ka?"

Im struggeling with leaning about the modifiers a little (Just started wanting to learn japanese 1 month ago)

So please oshiete kudasai :)

PS: i think it was pretty good, for a sleep anime, like .. i like to read some in my spice and wolf novels, then watch 1 episode of somthing funny with little content before going to sleep before job, and it fits the glove perfectly for that ;)
philippebFeb 6, 2016 1:58 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who's worst girl? It's Sera, right?

SwimminglyDone - Mar 26, 2016

13 by The_Badguy »»
Jun 2, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 14, 2011

166 by bakakisima »»
Apr 29, 9:08 AM

Poll: » Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 28, 2011

147 by IfIspeak »»
Jan 31, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MorningGlory - Jan 24, 2011

167 by reachghost117 »»
Jan 29, 2023 7:16 AM

Poll: » Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 29, 2011

236 by Muow »»
Jan 24, 2023 12:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.