Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 19, 2015 1:31 PM

Mar 2009

Dear Lucas,

I love you, you know that right?

I have no idea what made me write that, or why I would feel the need to emphasize that I love you. You are my brother after all...

But here I am, early in the morning, awake and writing you this letter. In truth, this letter should have come to you a long time ago, but I was afraid. You see, our family harbors a dark secret. It is a secret that has been hidden away from you, until now. You see, our family is not normal, we are in fact monsters. As monsters, our family once walked that dark path and committed sins that stained our souls black, and caused the world to turn away from us.
Why am I telling you this?

Honestly, if I could, I would have allowed you to live without ever finding out the truth. That isn’t possible though, I believe. You see, I feel a dark cloud looming over us, and for some reason I can’t shake the uneasy feeling that a storm is coming, and there is nothing we can do, to stop it. So I ask you this, are you ready to know the truth? I warn you, it is grim, and if you wish to turn your back on our past, then stop reading here.

So, you decided to carry on reading. Part of me wishes that you stopped and burned this letter, but deep down I am glad you have read on. I will say this once more. I love you Lucas.
For you to understand our family, I will have to tell you how we were born into this world. It was during a great war that had erupted from the greed born deep inside the heart of the people, it is our greatest sin. The greed that every human possesses but that war was unlike any before it. Not only did the men fight and kill each other, but the armies turned their attention to the smaller clans and families, their wrath had forced many of us into a corner. The women were raped, the children taken to make their armies larger, or to be sold as slaves. The darkest parts of the humans’ hearts were overflowing, staining and breaking the world apart. Something had to be done, or we would all be swallowed up by the darkness of the heart.

So, we did something. Maybe it was wrong, but we were desperate, and had to fight back or surrender. Now that I think about it, maybe we should have just died back then. If our clan had died back then, then we wouldn’t have reached this point.

Still, our ancestors made the choice they thought was best at the time. In a world filled with darkness, they too turned to darkness. Drinking from something they named Pandora, they awoken something deep inside them. These days it is called a bloodline, but back then, they were referred to as monsters. It is a bloodline that we promised to not awaken again, and the ones that did were sent away from the clan. I was sent away, but I don’t hate our family for it.

The first to awaken our bloodline was a young boy that they called Tenshi, he was strong. He led the rest of our clan to salvation, but it came at a cost. You see, to end the slaughter of our family, he slaughtered the other families around him. He too had become lost in the darkness, the blood had changed him. It was die to him that we understood the cost of our bloodline. The bloodlust is unbearable once it is awakened, and we risk losing our humanity over time.
I am sorry, but I am running out of time, so I can’t tell you anymore right now. I love you Lucas, I really do.

Lucas Nightshade stopped reading there. The letter was finished, but still, it didn’t answer all the questions he now had. Rather, it felt more like an introduction to his family, and only served to wet his appetite, now he hungered for more. Running his finger over the old worn paper of the letter, he could feel the smudged blotches of ink. It seemed that his sister had cried while writing the letter, he could feel her emotion pouring out to him, and he too, had cried while reading the letter. Since when had he been soft enough to cry? Never, and he wasn’t suddenly going to become soft over reading a letter. Then, in a sudden gesture, he tilted his head back sharply. He cold blue eyes looked up towards the plain cracked ceiling. The chains that were wrapped around his wrists had been secured to bolts in the broken ceiling.

He looked back down towards the ground, his eyes widening at the sight of the broken bodies that lay by his feet. Now, he remembered, he was crying at witnessing the slaughtering of his family. The tears that flowed were those of sadness, and anger. These people had broken into his house and killed the people closest to him, and for no reason other than pleasure. It made him sick. He could feel his lunch churning in his stomach, wanting to come back up.
“Ah, you are finally done reading, brat?”
“I am, but why did you show me this letter?”
“So I can see the agonizing look on your face, knowing that you will die without knowing the truth, or being able to see your sister again.” The old man laughed mirthlessly.

Lucas felt his eyes slowly closing, his eye lids felt like led weights. He had been hung up to dry for several days now, but with it being so dark in the room, he could only guess at the amount of time that had passed. More than a day had passed, but less than a week by the estimate of how his stomach felt, and the stench of the bodies below him. What was the warm feeling on his lips? He couldn’t see, but he could taste it. It was unlike anything he had tasted before, it was an explosion of flavor, and his body craved more of it. Whatever it was, he needed more of it.

Bringing his head back up level to the man in front of him, Lucas forced his eyes open once again. They felt lighter, his body felt stronger, but more than anything, he felt hungry. His eyes had lost their cold blue color. His eyes had changed into a vibrant pulsing scarlet color, the ever moving vortex in his eyes glared into the soul of the man before him, his pupils shifting towards the blood on the floor. It was that, that was what his body craved. The blood of his mother, it had sent a burning feeling of pleasure through his entire body.

“More...give more me more, now.” His tone had become aggressive, with a low growl coming from the back of his throat. He was hungry.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Character Information

Psynergi - Aug 4, 2014

40 by wolfman2299 »»
Aug 11, 2020 1:42 PM

» Rumble at the Border - The Flowing Steel of the Sand, part 3

Psynergi - Nov 17, 2016

36 by Shadow543 »»
Jun 20, 2017 2:33 AM

» The Twin Demons

baxter09 - Jan 28, 2017

20 by MikuIzumi »»
Feb 22, 2017 11:14 AM

» The road through Konoha - The Flowing Steel of the Sand, Part 2

Psynergi - Jul 30, 2016

25 by Psynergi »»
Nov 17, 2016 12:33 AM

Sticky: » Chakra Points

Psynergi - Aug 5, 2014

31 by Shadow543 »»
Nov 13, 2016 5:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.