Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 1, 2015 9:14 AM

Oct 2015
Hi

It wouldn't hurt to discuss some anime that should or shouldn't be added.

Any suggestions, any input is very very welcome :)
granuliFeb 4, 2016 5:34 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 4, 2016 1:54 PM

Oct 2015
What do you think about Akatsuki no Yona, Kuragehime or Hanasakeru Seishounen for example?

Do they contain female characters who qualify in your opinion?
I love Yona! But I don't think Yona herself has as much depth as the Nanas though, but is it enough? I haven't yet watched enough of Hanasakeru Seishounen to say.
I bet Kuragehime is a very strong candidate.

Edit:
Kemono no Souja Erin, Maria-sama
granuliFeb 5, 2016 1:03 PM
Feb 6, 2016 6:53 PM

Oct 2015
Okay, can't wait any longer, going to add Erin now. It's just too amazing :)
Feb 11, 2016 3:23 PM

Oct 2015
Juuni Kokuki, although there aren't really any romantic relationships, has a lot of depth + some of the most amazing female characters I've ever seen! Also character growth not just simply happens, but is a central theme of this anime.

Since there isn't any input and I'm so damn sure it's alright, I'm adding it.
Feb 14, 2016 4:49 AM

May 2009
Erin has lizards??? O_O
OMG! I SOOO wanna watch it now!!!
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Feb 14, 2016 6:29 AM

May 2009
Eh.. okay..
To start off.. Additions to be considered:

Manga
Koe no Katachi?

Anime
Ghost in the Shell?
Bokura ga Ita?
Fuse: Teppou Musume no Torimonochou?
Natsuyuki Rendezvous?
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso?
Blood+ ?

Characters
Shiki and Touko from Kara no Kyoukai
Winry and Izumi from Fullmetal Alchemist?
Emma from Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma
Saya from Blood+ ?
Revy from Black Lagoon
Re-I from Ergo Proxy
Kouko from Golden Time?
_____ _ _ ______

_____ _ _ ______
Feb 15, 2016 5:59 AM

Oct 2015
Kundalini said:
Erin has lizards??? O_O
OMG! I SOOO wanna watch it now!!!

Yesss!! And more hehe.
It's really amazing! BTW: if it seems to you at first that it's more of a kids anime, don't let this hold you off! Apart from being exceptional, it's more mature than many anime out there that aren't intended for children.

Kundalini said:
Eh.. okay..

Manga
Koe no Katachi?

Anime
Ghost in the Shell?
Bokura ga Ita?
Natsuyuki Rendezvous?
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso?
Blood+ ?

Characters
Saya from Blood+ ?
Revy from Black Lagoon
Re-I from Ergo Proxy
Kouko from Golden Time?

Haven't watched many of them yet, but I also think that blood+ and kara no kyoukai have very interesting female characters who aren't weak at all.
I especially like Shiki.
BTW: why did you suggest adding Shiki, but not the movies themselves? Is it because they are not that much about relationships? (still wondering about the club's criteria hehe)
Feb 16, 2016 6:53 AM

May 2009
granuli said:

BTW: why did you suggest adding Shiki, but not the movies themselves? Is it because they are not that much about relationships? (still wondering about the club's criteria hehe)

No.. I guess I was wondering if we're gonna be adding all seasons of any series we mention. But I guess we'd have to since the club will show up for the related series then.

But we need to consider that too.. whether to make a new club or not for relationships or can we provide both together in one club. [see other topic for what I say]
_____ _ _ ______

_____ _ _ ______
Feb 21, 2016 6:15 AM

Oct 2015
Kundalini said:
granuli said:

No.. I guess I was wondering if we're gonna be adding all seasons of any series we mention. But I guess we'd have to since the club will show up for the related series then.

But we need to consider that too.. whether to make a new club or not for relationships or can we provide both together in one club. [see other topic for what I say]

Sorry for the very late reply :(
It was my mistake, I hadn't seen that you also added one of the movies.
I think you're right though we should add all of the seasons/movies (if they still match).
Feb 23, 2016 1:29 PM

Nov 2013
Kundalini said:
Eh.. okay..

Manga
Koe no Katachi?

Anime
Ghost in the Shell?
Bokura ga Ita?
Natsuyuki Rendezvous?
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso?
Blood+ ?

Characters
Saya from Blood+ ?
Revy from Black Lagoon
Re-I from Ergo Proxy
Kouko from Golden Time?

I agree with the Koe no Katachi and Blood+, but I'm not sure about Bokura ga Ita? It's been a while since I read it tho, so if you could remind me...?
Feb 23, 2016 1:31 PM

Nov 2013
granuli said:
Kundalini said:

I think you're right though we should add all of the seasons/movies (if they still match).

Adding all the related movies/seasons etc. will make the page a bit cluttered, though? I mean sure, the club may show up but it'll be difficult to find anything in the club itself.
Feb 23, 2016 1:38 PM

Oct 2015
maazu said:
granuli said:

Adding all the related movies/seasons etc. will make the page a bit cluttered, though? I mean sure, the club may show up but it'll be difficult to find anything in the club itself.

Hi :)

That's true, but at least it's sorted alphabetically so it's still quite easy I think.
Some other arguments would be: the small number of members (visibility as you mentioned) + it's possible that one season fits and another one doesn't and you couldn't tell if we didn't add all relevant ones (although I admit that this is probably not that common).
I still vote for "add them all as long as they fit", but if most of you are against it, I'm okay with the opposite too.
Feb 23, 2016 2:49 PM

Nov 2013
Now that I think of it I think Aoi Hana should be added, and Wandering Son (which is about a young trans girl!!)
Feb 24, 2016 7:36 AM

Oct 2015
maazu said:
Now that I think of it I think Aoi Hana should be added, and Wandering Son (which is about a young trans girl!!)

From what I know about them I could only agree.
Feb 25, 2016 11:11 AM

May 2009
maazu said:

I agree with the Koe no Katachi and Blood+, but I'm not sure about Bokura ga Ita? It's been a while since I read it tho, so if you could remind me...?

To be honest, it's also a bit vague to me how they start off, but I remember after picking up the manga, it got really complicated and there was so much happening, and the characters really developed. So up until the anime, it was your shoujo series. But moving on to the manga, it suddenly felt like it became josei.
So if I recall right... Nanami is a bit immature, but starts liking this annoying guy Yano, and Yano develops feelings for her but somewhat treats her bad/does not respect her. Basic, almost usual story line. The anime ends just when Nanami and Yano hitch together after sorting their feelings out, and

Maybe a bit more could have happened or been handled well, but hey, I recall all this after so many years, so damn, left a good impression. Love is only exciting when you're getting hitched. All that flirting, all that courting... wanting, seeking attention. After that, it just gets messy.

On this note... what do you guys actually think of School Days? Lots of people thought it was a train wreck, but I actually thought it was handled pretty good. That last scene on the ship could have been handled better though.
_____ _ _ ______

_____ _ _ ______
Feb 25, 2016 12:09 PM

May 2009
baaai the way...
for the main list, should we reveal which character relationships to look out for? Feels like a spoiler now that I've started the list. Help help tell tell edit edit.

hehe... we should totally relaunch this club on March 8th (probably Japan time)... International Women's Day. :D
KundaliniFeb 25, 2016 12:21 PM
_____ _ _ ______

_____ _ _ ______
Feb 27, 2016 7:28 AM

Oct 2015
Kundalini said:

On this note... what do you guys actually think of School Days? Lots of people thought it was a train wreck, but I actually thought it was handled pretty good. That last scene on the ship could have been handled better though.

I haven't seen it, I avoided it because the characters looked so moe and it's a shounen + harem.
I don't dislike moe characters in every possible context, but I find them incredibly boring when it comes to romantic relationships.

But to think it's totally impossible for a shounen manga adaption to have well developed female characters or even a well written romance maybe was a bit narrow minded, although I bet chances aren't too great of this happening generally.

So if you think it's really fitting...

Kundalini said:
baaai the way...
for the main list, should we reveal which character relationships to look out for? Feels like a spoiler now that I've started the list. Help help tell tell edit edit.

Hmmm, I think it's not a bad idea to list them... we could use spoiler tags to hide that info though. Wouldn't hurt probably :)

Kundalini said:

hehe... we should totally relaunch this club on March 8th (probably Japan time)... International Women's Day. :D

Great idea!
Do you have anything in mind? ;)
Feb 28, 2016 7:58 AM

May 2009
granuli said:
Kundalini said:

On this note... what do you guys actually think of School Days? Lots of people thought it was a train wreck, but I actually thought it was handled pretty good.

I haven't seen it, I avoided it because the characters looked so moe and it's a shounen + harem.
I don't dislike moe characters in every possible context, but I find them incredibly boring when it comes to romantic relationships.

But to think it's totally impossible for a shounen manga adaption to have well developed female characters or even a well written romance maybe was a bit narrow minded, although I bet chances aren't too great of this happening generally.

That's where School Days was so different. It actually managed to say something about shounen + harem. It took the genre completely off the normal map. Moe characters, well you'll get used to them. The first half is the warm up. The latter half is where the sudden psychological weight of the series shows its value. And to think it managed to push its characters to their limit/breaking points.. uwaa.
But yes, it's still a love/hate series. It depends on how you see it/how much you consider it to be viable. It's banked upon not giving a damn + wanting to give a damn, sprinkled with how do I change things? The funny thing is, it's not a utopic development. :)
_____ _ _ ______

_____ _ _ ______
Mar 21, 2016 2:46 PM

Oct 2015
Kundalini said:
granuli said:

That's where School Days was so different. It actually managed to say something about shounen + harem. It took the genre completely off the normal map. Moe characters, well you'll get used to them. The first half is the warm up. The latter half is where the sudden psychological weight of the series shows its value. And to think it managed to push its characters to their limit/breaking points.. uwaa.
But yes, it's still a love/hate series. It depends on how you see it/how much you consider it to be viable. It's banked upon not giving a damn + wanting to give a damn, sprinkled with how do I change things? The funny thing is, it's not a utopic development. :)

Grrrr.... noone's saying anything and it's been so long.
I can't argue with you since I don't know the show, but I believe in you :)
(and it's not even my choice, so since you know exactly why, I believe you should definitely add it)

BTW: I think we should add Chihaya from Chihayafuru, she's amazing... such a unique personality, the same goes for Kajika from Hanasakeru Seishounen and Shuurei from Saiunkoku Monogatari.

What do you say?

@maazu where's your Aoi Hana and Wandering Son? Weren't you going to add them? :)
Mar 21, 2016 3:46 PM

May 2009
granuli said:

Grrrr.... noone's saying anything and it's been so long.
I can't argue with you since I don't know the show, but I believe in you :)
(and it's not even my choice, so since you know exactly why, I believe you should definitely add it)

BTW: I think we should add Chihaya from Chihayafuru, she's amazing... such a unique personality, the same goes for Kajika from Hanasakeru Seishounen and Shuurei from Saiunkoku Monogatari.

What do you say?

@maazu where's your Aoi Hana and Wandering Son? Weren't you going to add them? :)

Ahh. I'd actually made a list with a bunch of comments. And then work became nasty.
I just watched Jin-Roh. Damn, it's quite a piece. But I don't feel it qualifies for this club.

Here's my set. I'd gone through my watched list and made a few picks and rummaged my memory. I'm putting it up for review here. Lemme know what you guys think. The ones with questions, I'd like a second opinion on. If you have any disputes, raise them up! And if you feel some blurbs are okay to go on the club page, feel free to add 'em!

uwaa. enjoy.
KundaliniMar 22, 2016 12:48 AM
_____ _ _ ______

_____ _ _ ______
Mar 22, 2016 1:01 AM

May 2009
Hmm... if Nagi no Asukara can be added, I would love to include Durarara. The series is such a poignant piece that showcases the complexity of society and how the doings of one person affect the other. In a small town where you end up knowing who's who over time, and you get involved with all these sorts of people, human and otherwise, it's quite an upkeep. And when push comes to shove, the whole town is affected.

Character development is slow, but you see how they shape each other and shape the world around them. I honestly never expected it to turn out like this.
_____ _ _ ______

_____ _ _ ______
Jun 15, 2020 12:48 PM

May 2009
Poke poke to see if anyone's alive here?

Recent adds:
Yona, my dahling Yona... How I love her so... 🥰 So much growth.

Naru - how can you NOT have this chimp around. Hahahaha. I want a series on just her.

Sunadokei has great development. It really shows how strong and fragile mental states can be, as are relationships.

Vitamin - made me write two reviews.

Butter!!! - It's the first series I've seen where platonic relationship is shown sooooooo well. There's really no doki doki moment. It's just the characters invested in their goal, and oh how wonderful it is shown.

Stand Up! - fluffy but wholesome relationship. It's not the kind where a dramatic element is thrown in to make things spicy. There is subtlety and maturity. And the only manga where I really got a sense of "Yes, this is a high school classroom".

Ah, I'll add in Sugars - it's more on the fluffy side, but being a series of interrelated shorts, some really good moments there, with selected character growth. Feel free to remove if felt otherwise.

Hirunaka no Ryuusei - great relationship growth.

Zetsuen no Tempest? I'm not adding, though it's a favourite. I think it's more about the plot that really gets me.

_____ _ _ ______

_____ _ _ ______
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» criteria for 'developed'

Shiharu - Feb 1, 2011

8 by granuli »»
Feb 22, 2016 7:04 AM

» The BASHING List: Female Characters You Want to TORTURE

Kundalini - Feb 14, 2016

1 by granuli »»
Feb 15, 2016 5:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.