Forums
New
Who is your favorite Rewrite girl?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 7, 2016 2:11 AM

Nov 2014
JewellTH said:
Kitsu-nee said:
I really disliked Kotori, probably because of her voice.

"Shake it now, baby nooooow!"

^ Best line right there.

@Kitsu-nee How 'bout this? The voice better or worse, I mean.
Apr 1, 2016 10:17 PM
Apr 2016
Akane and Kotori, of no particular order.

Special mention to Lucia for being INCREDIBLY annoying. Every time she gets mad at Kotarou for the most minor of reasons and scream his name, I want to rip her voice box out. Her route was one of the better ones though, especially since its the only route that heavily and explicitly focuses on a romantic atmosphere and does it well. Even then, she still manages to ruin a good chunk of her route by being annoying.
Gil_MathewsApr 1, 2016 10:23 PM
Apr 17, 2016 11:34 AM

Oct 2010
Akane is my favorite female by far. I always liked her the most since all of the girls were first introduced, and that never ended up changing for me. I disliked Lucia at first, but I ended up liking her quite a bit after playing her route. I think Kotori is pretty likeable as well.

I find Shizuru kind of meh and Chihaya unlikeable.
I don't really have much of an opinion on Kagari. She's just sort of there for me.

So basically:
Akane (favorite) > Lucia > Kotori >Shizuru > Kagari > Chihaya
May 25, 2016 8:16 AM

Jul 2014
Shizuru >>> Akane > Chihaya = Kotori >>>>>>> Lucia
Based on how I like their characters.

Shizuru >>>>> Chihaya = Akane = Kotori >>> Lucia
Based on how I felt the quality of their routes was.

=>> Shizuru was the one that made me felt very emotional.

> Kotori ~ despair (no longer expect to live) //
> Lucia ~ despair (want to destroy all) //
(For Kotori & Lucia, the past is painful, although they are still trying to believe that ahead is hope, but after all they only see misery and darkness, life almost paralyzed.)
> Akane ~ absolutely despair (hate everything) //
> Chihaya ~ fear despair (do not want to endure misery, loneliness) //
> Shizuru ~ hope (always try our best to move forward.) //

Rewrite Side-B - chap 29
PikariDawnAug 3, 2016 5:34 PM
Jun 7, 2016 12:32 PM

Nov 2013
Lucia with Akane being a close 2nd. Both were awesome, but Lucia's route really made the difference for me, due to her chemistry with Kotarou and the strong romantic emphasis in her route.

I also liked Kotori a lot during the common route but her route was the weakest for me, hence it affected my overall enjoyment of her. Still a great character...

Overall i would rank them like this:
Lucia > Akane >> Kotori >> Shizuru >>>> Chihaya > Kagari
KaitonJun 7, 2016 1:04 PM

Jun 13, 2016 1:48 PM

Aug 2013
Kitsu-nee said:
I ultimately love Chihaya. She's dishonest with herself, clumsy tsundere, but her actions were super-cute, so she wasn't annoying me like other tsunderes. ]

Same here.
Kitsu-nee said:
I
The only thing which bothers me is lack of her progress with Kotarou during her route... And Harvest Festa made it even worse ;_;

It wasn't that bad with Chihaya. I was pretty satisfied.
The worst ending was in Kotori route, I almost threw my tablet by the window. The whole route was super dramatic, and I really hoped for decent ending. It was one of the most not satisfying endings in VN which I've ever read.
Thanks God I read Chihaya's route as first, because after Kotori's ending it would be hard to me to start different route, knowing how bad Kotori's was.

And I disliked Lucia, her alone (rest girls were really nice). I hate tsunderes like her and it was pain to read it by the most of time.

And if I need to rate heroines (not routes) :
Chihaya > Kotori > Akane > Shizuru > Kagari >>>>>>>>>>> Lucia.
rsc-plJun 13, 2016 1:51 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 14, 2016 9:05 AM

Sep 2011
First impression:

Chihaya > Shizuru > Akane > Kotori = Lucia

I'm a sucker when it comes to airheads so Chihaya wins the first impression ranks. I really hated Kotori because her voice didn't click with me at first. I hated Lucia because I'm tired of the typical violent tsundere.

Common route:

Shizuru > Kotori > Chihaya > Akane > Lucia

I really loved Shizuru on the common route especially her imagination. The dumb jokes, specifically the times when she imagines a very wrong image of something (example: Yoshino being a giraffe), just never fail to make me crack up. Kotori's voice grew with me and I like it before I knew it (I guess the method "Everyday until you like it" worked for me with Kotori). Chihaya is still Chihaya. Not a fan of Akane, and Lucia is still your typical violent tsundere.

Character Routes: Enjoyment

Kotori > Shizuru > Akane > Chihaya > Lucia

Kotori and Shizuru are at the top since they are the ones who managed to tug my heartstrings. They actually made me tear up a bit.

Kotori's route wins by a huge margin. It even made me feel bad for going for another girl after I finished her route because of what happened.

Shizuru's route is... bittersweet. Koibumi as an ending song amplified all the feels. Regardless of all the plot holes in this route, I still enjoyed it a lot compared to the others. Poor Shizuru. :(

Akane's route is very good at the start up to the middle, but the climax felt weird for me. I guess it's the same reason why I didn't like Terra's ending that much either.

Chihaya's... fun route with your typical shounen tropes. Sakuya best guy (next to Esaka-san).

Lucia... I like the romance part (really, dere Lucia killed me) and the thriller type beginning of the route. Not a fan of the ending though. Kotarou being a typical harem protagonist in the most important moment.

My vote goes to Kotori.
----------

Moon is superb.

Terra is great right before the final act. The ending felt very weak for me. They could've done it better.

Oppai ending best ending. Creamy☆Kagarin best girl lol.
GitahMuttanJun 14, 2016 9:10 AM
Jun 17, 2016 1:43 PM

Mar 2016
Akane during the common route, with Kotori beeing a very close second.
After finishing the heroine routes, Kotori won however.
I love them all anyways.
Jul 3, 2016 5:16 AM

Oct 2010
While Rewrite is one of the few visual novels in which I can say I love the entire cast my favorite character is Shizuru; especially in her route. Even though it had a lot of plot holes and problems her character, backstory and route is very endearing to me. The feels are real and Koibumi still makes me want to cry.

Common route:
Chihaya -> Akane -> Shizuru -> Kotori -> Lucia

While everyone is close I really think Chihaya and Akane are hilarious in common route.

Heroine route:
Shizuru -> Chihaya -> Lucia -> Kotori -> Akane

Loved Shizuru and Chihaya route. I thought Lucia's love for Kotarou and the dating scene is adorable and the only real problem with her route is Kotarou being dense as hell. Kotori was good but the ending was kinda meh. Akane's route was ok the only real problem I had was how the Akane acted in her route sometimes. I understand why but I still wish there could have more common route Akane...

In the VN I see Kagari as more of a plot point than an actual character. Hopefully the anime can give her more life than in the VN.
Jul 5, 2016 12:15 PM

Aug 2009
Whoa, Akane actually beat Lucia. It can't be the anime only viewers causing a surge in her votes, because her screentime was literally half a minute in the first episode lol.
I guess the Akane fans came out of their shells when the first episode aired.
Jul 5, 2016 12:22 PM

Aug 2010
Kotori best girl. Love all the girls tho tbh.
Jul 5, 2016 1:00 PM

Jan 2014
Definitely Akane or Chiya. Honestly every girl in Rewrite is perfect <3

Even my Yoshino :3 !!! He's such a tsundere for Kotarou xD
Jul 8, 2016 3:13 AM

Dec 2013
Akane>Kotori>Shizuru>Lucia>Chihaya
Jul 8, 2016 6:12 AM

Aug 2014
Samu-tan said:
Whoa, Akane actually beat Lucia. It can't be the anime only viewers causing a surge in her votes, because her screentime was literally half a minute in the first episode lol.
Well Akane is pretty good waifu material afterall, and even though I like Lucia more, can't deny Akane's has a quite great/lovely personality and story to back her up.
Jul 8, 2016 6:17 AM

Nov 2013
Samu-tan said:

I considered Akane to be the best girl during the common route, though her character route felt quite boring to me... not because it was bad, but becaue it felt like it dragged on for too long and got tedious.
Jul 9, 2016 12:21 PM

Oct 2011
Samu-tan said:

Well I myself find nothing weird in it (Akane fan also :P). She won japanese poll in first place. Nice to see she is also liked outside Japan.

Quote from some guy regarding poll:

"YESSSSSSSS AKANE WON FIRST!!! Awesomesauce senpai that actually had a good route, what more do you need?

And so I will be looking forward to the day I can change wallpapers.

Shizuru ended up in second place, which isn’t unexpected since she is a loli-chara. Her route was weak so that’s probably why she didn’t win despite being loli with TWINTAILS."

Link to the poll: http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/rewrite_hf/rank/
Jul 9, 2016 12:38 PM

Dec 2013
Probably the teacher, because that is the only one I can legally have sex with...
The neighbour MILF also wasn't too bad though.
Jul 9, 2016 1:47 PM

May 2014
Moon Kagari. I know it is not popular option, but still I liked her the most.
As for other heroines I would say:
Akane>Lucia=Kotori>Shizuru>Chihaya
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2016 3:43 PM
Mar 2009
Since the anime is out, may as well throw out my thoughts on characters. here's my rank.

Kotori > Shizuru > Akane > Chihaya > Lucia > Kagari

1. Kotori : I usually like the characters the writers put the most effort and screentime in. Kotori is just that. One outside nitpick is i wish i had not known the fact that it's the same voice as Senjougahara (Bakemonogatari). I absolutely despised every single line that character spoke. >_>

2. Shizuru : I have a HUGE soft-spot for Key's blonde girls. Story setting aside, she would instantly be my top favorite. Also, best BGM theme hands down. I love the retro-Key vibes.

3. Akane : Interesting background and solid character overall.

4. Chihaya : Tied with YO-SHI-NO for fulfilling the support role. It's a pitiful job and someone has to do it.

5. Lucia : Key's Kurokami-type girls never really appealed to me. They usually have little relevance to the main story. Nevertheless, i respect their existence.

6. Kagari : Speaking of hair colors, Key really loves to up-play their white-haired girls with some likable aspect (...think Tomoyo from Clannad, Tenshi from Angel beats, Tomori from Charlotte, Kud from LB) Personally i think it's getting stale.
Jul 11, 2016 4:15 PM
Jul 2016
Favorite

Shizuru, made me laugh a lot, her interactions with Kotarou

Well, my next favorite would be
Her appearance was so random that I liked her.

Then, Akane=Kotori>Chihaya, both Akane's and Kotori's interaction with Kotarou showed how well they matched together, Akane and Kotarou fooling around with stupid plays

And Kotori being able to match his jokes and well, her route also showed how much messed up is this whole world making me wanting her to be with Kotarou, even though I always shipped him with Shizuru.

And about Chihaya, I kinda liked her character, but not to the point to wanting to pair her with Kotarou, heck, she didn't even had a route to give me reasons to like her.

And Kagari, well

Well in summary, my ranking is:

A little girl that appears on Akane's route > Shizuru > Joke ending character > Kotori = Akane > Chihaya > Kagari.

Jul 13, 2016 7:37 PM
Jul 2016
PervertOlympus said:
For me it's "AKANE".

I understand what you are talking about the spoiler, well it wasn't the best for me (The decision in Shizuru's ending was the best for me) , but it was the second best and that's because I can relate to it,
Jun 15, 2022 6:53 AM
Sep 2021
Kotori>Akane>Shizuru>Kagari>Chihaya>Lucia
Jul 3, 2022 4:56 PM

Nov 2019
Chihaya because I love her personality and how caring she is in her own route and Shizuru's and Lucia's route. Every route she's in she's always the one I pay most attention to. Her route is also my favourite route.
Chihaya> Lucia> Kotori> Shizuru> Akane> Kagari (except Kagari they're all really close to each other)
Jan 9, 2023 12:55 AM
Jul 2015
As time goes on, I am much more fond with Kotori character. Her personality is something of a hidden gem in today's anime. 

Shizuru is still my best girl even after so many years.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

294 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

167 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2016

329 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.