Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jun 26, 2016 1:00 PM

Jul 2013
sanata50lbsb said:
doom19876 said:

That's really a wrong way to go at it. Spain won 3 major championships in a row euro cup, world cup, euro cup. So it would only make sense they would have won the one in Brazil too.

Whilst I see the point you're making here, it's a bit of a different scenario there.

doom19876 said:

First of all, I don't think KEY decides how many episodes there will be. Also F/SN got a 20+ episode in 2006, do you know how long their UBW was? It was even by the same studio.

They don't, that is true yes. However, Key themselves are actually supervising production (They did with Little Busters too; but not any of the previous ones). It might be one of those things where they have an idea for a certain amount of episodes and the studios and other producers adjust accordingly to their envision. Though in the case of Fate 2006 (not supervised by Type-Moon), they had a good amount of episodes to work with, but they watered down the Fate route and tried to mix in original content and other scenes from UBW and it just ended in failure.

doom19876 said:

Then there's the word sufficient. What's sufficient to you might not be sufficient to another. Remember we got Kanon 2002 before Kanon 2006? Was Kanon 2002 sufficient? If so, then what was the point of 2006?

By sufficient, I mean enough episodes to cover the visual novel to where it is a passable adaptation at the very least (which Little Busters was). And you and I both know that Kanon 2002 was not sufficient xD. Even Key themselves stated they did not want Toei Animation to handle their visual novel animes ever again.

doom19876 said:

I just can't imagine them making Terra longer than 10 episodes. Pretty much everyone who hasn't read the VN will go: WTF WHAT HAPPEND TO BEST GIRL?????

They could do Moon with 3 episodes and Terra with 10 episodes in the same season or something like that.

Overall though, my point is that given that Key is on the production staff, with an addition to Romeo and Kai (another Key member) on script, it wouldn't logically make sense why Rewrite wouldn't get a proper adaptation while the previous ones did (even when Key wasn't on production for Kanon, Air, and Clannad). I really, REALLY hope this adaptation works out. And if I'm wrong and everything I state here is for nothing... Oh well, I'll eat my words... And cry... T_T

As promised, I'm eating my words. And crying.
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jun 26, 2016 3:02 PM
May 2012
SIeepwalker said:
there's no way the whole story can be told in just 13ep. There gotta be some other season after that right ?
Unless the "6th original route" is all the anime is about, but in this case what's the point honestly. Key have to stop giving licenses away

That's exactly it. It's an anime original route more or less. I imagine they'll cover a bit of common route and mix in moon with it, but it all concentrates on the 6th and technically main heroine (even in the VN).

It makes a lot of sense to do it this way honestly, but I am thoroughly disappointed that they decided to go this route. I'm hoping at the least these 13 episodes cover Common and Moon and then we get a second cour for Terra. But I know I'm certainly setting myself up for disappointment.

Oh well.
Jun 26, 2016 3:34 PM

Feb 2014
sanata50lbsb said:

As promised, I'm eating my words. And crying.

Don't worry man, we are there with ya.

What I liked about the heroine routes is that all of them had pieces to the puzzle and they were all different which made all of them intriguing. Each one had a different type of Kotarou and that's one of the biggest points to Rewrite I feel like. This Kagari route may tie it together better (?) and outright explain things better, but what's the point of it when we have Moon and Terra that completely explained everything. That also kind of ruins the fun of it all, there's a huge mystery for a while and then it all comes together during Moon and Terra. I just think they're taking out a huge part of what made Rewrite good by having a route that tells everything to you. I mean the heroine routes themselves have a role in the bigger picture of it all as well! This Kagari route sounds like it's gonna make all that pointless since it seems it's not going to make its viewers think so I kind of resent the idea.

I just feel like they're wasting their time with this adaptation. The original was made the way it was for a reason and people fell in love with it for those reasons. When adapting a work, you should stay as close as possible, don't add in original content unless you got everything else that was originally there present (and don't be excessive about it either). Going off the path and trying to go original is just risky, and if you ask me - very lame.

Imho, if you're not going to try your absolute best to match the original source and incorporate virtually everything that made it great in the first place, then just leave it alone.

But hey, who knows, this Rewrite anime could just blow us out of the water and I'd be happy for it, but with 13 episodes which would maybe be sufficient enough to tell the whole common route, I'm not holding my breath.

If I was Key, I wouldn't have approved this adaptation unless they were gonna do it right. But they don't seem to give a fuck either it seems. What a shame.
---------------------
Anyways I apologize for the rant. I'm just genuinely disappointed by all this news. I don't think it's bad on anyone to be excited or fine with the direction, but this is a hard pill to swallow unfortunately (I'll get over it though!). Especially since it seemed like the staff was teasing that this anime was going to try to adapt everything with a good amount of episodes and they even said it was going to omnibus. I feel like I've been mislead honestly, which makes me even more irked. I wish their was more transparency in the early stages of the announcement. I might have been more forgiving if they explained their vision for this anime from the get-go and not leave us hanging until the last minute.
LoomyTheBrewJun 26, 2016 3:46 PM
Jun 26, 2016 4:15 PM

Sep 2010
I checked out Anime news network and there I saw it

13 episode.

Well... FUCK!
Jun 26, 2016 4:25 PM

Jun 2013
This will be a split-cour guys, oh my god...

They already said on the pre-screening event and we're getting tired of repeating the same words over and over..please read the threads before assuming stuff.

I'm gonna repeat myself one more time: KAI (scriptwritter from Key) said that they decided to do the original Kagari route more than a year ago, that because the VN is impossible to adapt on the same way so thats why they're doing this Kagari route only instead of all the other heroines.

And more importantly: Lets wait for the show to actually start airing and see what they got for us.
Jun 28, 2016 5:05 AM

Jan 2015
Murasa22 said:

They already said on the pre-screening event and we're getting tired of repeating the same words over and over..please read the threads before assuming stuff.

I see. So is it confirmed to be Split-cour?
Jun 28, 2016 5:12 AM

Nov 2013
Xenocrisi said:
Murasa22 said:

Several people said that they heard at the pre-screening that episode 7 is "half of half of the story"
Of course, japanese is very ambiguous and people can misheard, so unless it is stated officially somewhere else where it is 100% reliable, we can't say it is completely sure.
Jun 28, 2016 5:35 AM

Jan 2015
VierMill said:
Xenocrisi said:

Several people said that they heard at the pre-screening that episode 7 is "half of half of the story"
Of course, japanese is very ambiguous and people can misheard, so unless it is stated officially somewhere else where it is 100% reliable, we can't say it is completely sure.

Yeah I've heard it, but I don't trust that statement at all
Jun 28, 2016 6:44 AM

Aug 2009
Xenocrisi said:
VierMill said:

Yeah I've heard it, but I don't trust that statement at all

Me neither. People have misheard statements way too often regarding Rewrite. If all the statements that were misheard/read were actually true, then the anime adaptation would be as long (or even longer) than LB's and we would have gotten an omnibus format.
Jun 28, 2016 11:14 AM
Feb 2014
No Chihaya Route? No Husbando Sakuya T.T
No akane Route? No Shimako!!!!!!!
No Kotori Route? Chibi T.T
No Shizuru Route? No SAURY!
No Lucia Route? The part of the chappel and Shizuru vs Lucia :c

... Yoshino at least
Jul 1, 2016 2:42 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012

So true, I wanted to believe it... T_T

Murasa22 said:

I'm gonna repeat myself one more time: KAI (scriptwritter from Key) said that they decided to do the original Kagari route more than a year ago, that because the VN is impossible to adapt on the same way so thats why they're doing this Kagari route only instead of all the other heroines.

And more importantly: Lets wait for the show to actually start airing and see what they got for us.

Creating an Kagiri route, the heroine that was not an heroine, the most boring character in Rewrite, and discarding the other heroine routes to give the plot focus, is immediatly killing the anime before it even aired, there is no way, NO WAY they wont fail, I want to believe otherwise but reality is too strong.
PlaycoolJul 1, 2016 2:46 PM
Jul 1, 2016 2:57 PM

Jun 2013
Playcool said:
Creating an Kagiri route, the heroine that was not an heroine, the most boring character in Rewrite, and discarding the other heroine routes to give the plot focus, is immediatly killing the anime before it even aired, there is no way, NO WAY they wont fail, I want to believe otherwise but reality is too strong.

what in the hell are you saying? you know that Kagari is the main heroine, right?

did you even read the novel? lol

Also, you can't really make an anime adaptation with every single heroine route in Rewrite's case, that has being discussed a zillion times here already. Check the other threads please.
Jul 1, 2016 2:58 PM

Nov 2013
Murasa22 said:
Playcool said:

what in the hell are you saying? you know that Kagari is the main heroine, right?

Also, you can't really make an anime adaptation with every single heroine route in Rewrite's case, that has being discussed a zillion times here already. Check the other threads please.

They could do it like Higurashi did adapt their routes

I think that a Kagari route can be done, after all, this is a good time to fix some issues people had with her character.
Jul 1, 2016 5:38 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Murasa22 said:
Playcool said:

She is not a main heroine for me, just a plot device and nothing more. No use in arguing further, I tell you already I disliked Kagiri for the most part, with Moon and near the end of Terra being the exceptions. She was the weakest character of them all. I wanted to see the anime for the true heroines, the reason why Rewrite is such an amazing experience.

VierMill said:
Murasa22 said:

They could do it like Higurashi did adapt their routes

I think that a Kagari route can be done, after all, this is a good time to fix some issues people had with her character.

It can be done, it can be a good anime, and I hope at least they manage that, but it will never be a good or even decent adaptation from Rewrite, which was what most of the fanbase wanted it to be. Tomorrow is the day of the burial of Rewrite. I cant see it and think it is Rewrite, I wont be able to control my salt levels...
Oct 25, 2016 12:29 AM
Oct 2016
I dont care how much the episode... I just mad when they give us 12 ep when the story will be complete in this season... Just dont let me down #BitchPlease
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

294 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 6:38 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

167 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2016

329 by AyanoKiru »»
May 25, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.