Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 8, 2015 9:50 PM

Mar 2013
Recommend either an anime or manga that you think should or shouldn' be on the relations list and your reasons why (1-2 sentences or even point form). Titles should obviously have "Mono no Aware" in it as that's the point of this club.
Bring back down votes on reviews
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 9, 2015 1:25 PM

Mar 2013
How's about Fujimi Lovers?

It's a really weird manga, but its premise is about a boy that falls in love with a girl, and as soon as she begins to love him back, she vanishes into thin air. He then meets the same girl with different identities and no recollection of him later in life, but each time they fall in love she disappears again.

I cannot stress how strange this manga is.

But I think it fits......
Aug 10, 2015 8:21 PM

Feb 2014
hi, cool club, just joined to rec a few titles I noticed weren't on the list

Haibane Renmei - self-explanatory really; the themes and setting and premise of the story are all geared towards the idea of impermanence, and the atmosphere of the story is very gentle, sweet, and sad.

Saraiya Goyou - atmospherically very similar to iyashikei and mono no aware shows; the story is about the characters' pasts and how they've moved on, so not exactly mono no aware but pretty similar. has relaxing, gentle, and sort of melancholy feel.

Hanamonogatari - this one is probably a little more controversial since it's Monogatari, but one of Hana's central themes is transience. the plot, narration, and atmosphere are all reminiscient of other mono no aware anime.

Hyouka - also maybe controversial since it's kyoani but this is like their one really solid anime...anyway, thematically and atmospherically, I think this is one of the better mono no aware anime out there.
Aug 10, 2015 8:54 PM

Mar 2013
Can't believe I forgot about both Haibane Renmei and Saraiya Goyou. I don't know about the rest since it's been a long time since I watched them and can't really recall them that well.

I guess I'll add all the recommendations that come from this thread onto the relations list unless someone creates a compelling argument for them not to be on it.
Aug 12, 2015 8:00 AM

Sep 2007
I admit I'm not really sure if I figured out what exactly Mono no Aware is, but for the manga section I recommend Freesia. I see it's on your Plan to Read list, so feel free to correct me later.

I second Hyouka and Hanamonogatari, only I would include Monogatari series as a whole. The parts of it that aren't sex jokes, anyway :)

On that note, I'd recommend Katanagatari (also written by NisiOisiN), that has a lot of Mono no Aware (in my understanding) especially towards the end.

And Texhnolyze. I probably don't need to explain why...
Aug 27, 2015 8:32 PM

Mar 2013
vanetz said:
I admit I'm not really sure if I figured out what exactly Mono no Aware is, but for the manga section I recommend Freesia. I see it's on your Plan to Read list, so feel free to correct me later.

I second Hyouka and Hanamonogatari, only I would include Monogatari series as a whole. The parts of it that aren't sex jokes, anyway :)

On that note, I'd recommend Katanagatari (also written by NisiOisiN), that has a lot of Mono no Aware (in my understanding) especially towards the end.

And Texhnolyze. I probably don't need to explain why...

Added. Sorry for the late reply.

I think Non Non Biyori also has aspects of Mono no Aware so i probably will add that show as well.
Aug 28, 2016 4:17 PM

Sep 2007
I have another addition to the list from last season: Flying Witch

Not only does it have an overall laid-back and calm vibe throughout the show (as well as the total absence of any plot, heh), it mostly focuses on enjoying the surrounds, avoids any conflict and accepts weird things as natural occurrences. I quite enjoyed it. I think series like this are called 'healing anime' and that name sure fits here.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What would you consider "Mono no Aware"

nitrohawk - Aug 27, 2015

0 by nitrohawk »»
Aug 27, 2015 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.