Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 19, 2015 6:04 PM

Feb 2009
So many things I hated about this series...but I really love Sailor Moon. Just can't stay away from the series, no matter how under-budget it is, lol.

Jul 19, 2015 10:50 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
So convenient how they got their city back in one piece.

Yay, can't wait for second season. :P (Nah I can wait.)
Jul 20, 2015 2:39 AM

Mar 2009
Ok... looks like we'll have season 2 but when? I prefer to wait a little longer if it means weekly episodes.
Jul 20, 2015 12:33 PM
Aug 2007
Chibi-Usa officially became way cooler than the useless Sailor Senshi, which is a 180 degrees turnaround of the old anime. Seriously, I probably rate her as favorite of the series, especially if counting her and Black Lady as one and the same character.

+ Liked the mother-daughter bonding of this episode.
- Disliked that the big bad was killed so easily.
Jul 20, 2015 2:06 PM

Feb 2014
"Chibiusa, it's not your fault!" biggest lie of the 30th century.

Alright finale. Final battle of Sailor Moon/Chibiusa vs Nemesis was a bit underwhelming, but I guess the ENTIRE final battle has been going on for quite a few episodes...

SweetKotomi said:
Chibi drops down and hands Usagi a letter. Down below in the letter, a peace sign stamp, cute.

Haha I noticed that too. Very cute!

It's hard to believe that I've been watching this show for over a year. Sailor Moon was one of my first anime shows so I'm glad I watched Crystal. Not a terrible adaptation but the original anime is miles better, even with all of the fillers. 6-7/10. If they do a sequel with S and SuperS, then I sure hope they make Chibiusa have a very minor role. I'd hate to have all that dumb Chibiusa/Pegasus stuff again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 22, 2015 4:06 PM

Apr 2013
Finally finished this mama. It wasn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Chibiusa came back around from her Black Lady phase and the last few episodes were pretty solid (except for my precious Pluto). It took a while to get to the end but it was alright. I'll definitely keep up with the next season.
Jul 23, 2015 1:41 AM

Jan 2009
Welp, that was quite the ride. Hopefully next season gets a weekly release, because that was killer. Ugh.

I'm not sure how I feel about Haruka and Michiru, though... I really hope Ogata Megumi reprises her role as Haruka, because to me, no other voice would even remotely fit her. *worry worry* Yeah, I'm a big Ogata fan. Haha
Jul 26, 2015 9:00 AM

Apr 2013
So I watched it never having watched (consciously, my sister used to watch it when we were still kids...) the original anime and knowing nothing about the manga, so I can't compare it to any other version. That means that I don't care about altered stuff.
However, the series had some problems plot-wise and even if those elements are derived directly from the manga it means that the plot in the manga seemingly has problems too.
The art had mixed quality, sometimes it was really good and sometimes just not.

As far as I know, Toei tried to make a faithful adaption of the manga, hence the character models and the, in my opinion, not always good plot-decisions, but a faithful adaption is one of those things so many anime fans are craving to get every single time there is an non-original anime, and it's one of the reasons why I started to watch SMC. And it seems almost impossible to satisfy those fans, but now the fans of the original anime complain the most. Here we can see again, that it's impossible to satisfy everyone but I think Toei should get a little more appreciation and a bit less hate...

It seemed to me that the next season is already confirmed, but I might be wrong on that. For me SMC was not the best thing excisting but still at least average so I guess I would watch a continuation. Not like I could pass on sequels anyway...
Jul 26, 2015 2:54 PM
Aug 2011
A lot of useless characters and useless power-ups holy shit.
Though I did appreciate hwo the visuals improved during these last few episodes.

Sometimes nostalgia has to stay where it belongs- in the past, at least that was the case for me.
Jul 30, 2015 5:25 PM

Jul 2009
Finally managed to finish this after so many delays!

I think there's definitely a lot of things they could have improved. Should given the Sailor Senshi more fights so it would make them more useful.

I know they wanted to focus more on Mamoru and Usagi. But it didn't have to be just them throughout the series.

I do admit i got little teary when Chibi-Usa was about to go :(

What i didn't get is, why did Usagi thought she couldn't talked to her future that would alter the future?? First off Neo Queen Serenity already went more time than her. So she know things that Usagi hasn't even done yet. Not to mention Mamoru already talked to his future self. So i don't see why they thought they couldn't talked in the first place?

So her future parents sent their child to the past, because they were lazy to take care of her there!?! :P

I give this an 8/10. Animation is a mix bag, plot is good, but lots of fixing to do. Boss Battles are disappointing, but didn't mind since this might be the same from the manga.

Can't wait for S, Super S and Sailor Stars arc to be animated!!
Aug 1, 2015 4:44 AM

May 2012
For me it was so stupid how much Usagi wanted to see the Neo Queen in the end. She knows it's just herself from the future and everything she or the Queen does is beneficial to both because they are the same damn person. Who the hell would get so desperate to thank themselves?

I think Naoko Takeuchi storytelling wasn't the greatest and a lot of things were pretty stupid in this arc. Chibi-Usa being 900 years old and having the same mind of child is more than just dumb. I hate Chibi-Usa so much, her character is useless and everything about her seemed to be wrote while Naoko was using her toilet.

I didn't like this Black moon arc AT ALL, pretty bad overall.

MariaCadenzavna said:
What i didn't get is, why did Usagi thought she couldn't talked to her future that would alter the future?? First off Neo Queen Serenity already went more time than her. So she know things that Usagi hasn't even done yet. Not to mention Mamoru already talked to his future self. So i don't see why they thought they couldn't talked in the first place?

So her future parents sent their 900 year old child to the past, because they were lazy to take care of her there!?! :P

Naoko Takeuchi doesn't seem to mind if her story doesn't make sense. As long as the story look "pretty or romantic somehow" it's good enough.
KaeUBWAug 1, 2015 2:53 PM
I despise woke people.
Sep 4, 2015 7:27 PM
Dec 2009
Well, there we go! The end, for now anyway.

I'll be honest, I think my nostalgia goggles made this a lot less enjoyable than it could have been. My memories of Sailor Moon are all rosy-- I'd rush home after school to catch the latest episode, would pretend to be a sailor scout on the playground with friends, and Japanese animation was so much more detailed and the story so deep compared to the American cartoons I had seen up until then. So it left a really strong impact on me.

Compared to that, Crystal was pretty much forgettable for me. I knew my nostalgia goggles would might make it a little underwhelming but I didn't expect it to be this bad. What I wanted was a remake like Full Metal Alchemist had-- where my nostalgia was fulfilled and new shiny animation and true-to-the-manga story made for an exciting and fun new look at a classic series. Sailor Moon Crystal didn't do that for me.

When Crystal was first announced I remember tons of friends sharing it on Facebook and everyone getting so excited... :(

I am glad I watched it to the end though because the last few episodes did start to hold my interest more, but most of my friends dropped it after just a few episodes. Ah well :(
Sep 9, 2015 8:05 PM

May 2010
Ohhh god.

No budget, no personalities, no development, nothing... I LOVE the original series, especially series S and Sailor Stars - which are probably as good as mahou shoujo series can get without becoming super dark and edgy, like Madoka.

Manga on the other hand... I've got all the volumes, but yeah, it's just too silly to treat it seriously. Art is veeery simple, "plot" isn't really thought-over. Characters are okay but they are not the ones you'd remember in the first place. Oh, and it lacks comedy.

And what can I say, anime exactly follows that exact pattern... Monster of the week formula might be old now, but it worked in SM case imo. And here all manga mistakes remain unchanged, plus terrible CGI and weak soundtrack... Seriously, I can't imagine it being WORSE than what we got. Gosh.

4.5/10 for ruining my dreams and hopes about decent Sailor Moon remake :(
Sep 30, 2015 7:56 PM

Jul 2012
I'm not criticizing this story for the rushed pacing or derpy art. It was just kind of dull to me overall. I didn't care for any of the characters, nor the romance. Chibi-usa is still annoying as fuck. Usagi's voice makes me want to kill myself. Who the fuck had the idea of asking for a 50 year old to voice a little preteen? God.

5/10 overall. I'll watch the next season because I'm curious where this story goes.
Oct 15, 2015 8:05 PM

Feb 2013
Good stuff......although I am quite upset that Pluto just....like.....died......

Alright, so I can see why people might not have liked this, but I still found it enjoyable. Sailor Moon is one of those anime that everyone needs to see, and I tried watching the old one when I was a kid, and I didn't like it, I tried watching it as an adult, and I just couldn't get into it, so that's why I gave this one a shot....and hey, it wasn't too bad.

So for all of you blasting it with hate, maybe think of it as a way to introduce people to the old show, because now I think I could watch it.....although that means adding a show that has sequels and sequels with 200 episodes in all.....so....definitely not going to watch it on a whim.

7/10 for me.
unmemorableheroOct 15, 2015 8:12 PM
Jun 18, 2017 12:25 AM

Aug 2007
I'm glad I rewatched the original and R before picking this up.
Overall, there are things better in the original, such as character development and thus attachment to the characters. But it was stuffed with tons of filler.
Crystal had some nice visuals, even though sometimes it was also junky. There were too many ups and downs that it made it jarring at times.

I think it was a pretty average anime. I rate it a 5.

Sep 23, 2017 10:46 PM
Aug 2017
10/10!!!!
AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Feb 7, 2018 2:40 PM

Oct 2011
Usagi doesn't look 14, she's more like 17. interesting series overall tho. still prefer Cardcaptor compared to this, now that I've got the gist of Sailor Moon.

Feb 25, 2018 3:04 PM
Jan 2017
This series was alright but I still prefer the original dubbed series above this one
Nov 24, 2018 11:32 AM
Dec 2017
This series is the best adaptation of the manga,possible a better version,that the 90 version.All people in this thread saying is the worse are blinded for the nostalgia,the 90 version has a lot of filler and stupid shit happening.Thats all.
May 16, 2020 3:00 PM
May 2019
I actually liked this adaptation, honestly. Was a bit too cheesy though, I felt.
Nov 7, 2020 7:49 AM

Dec 2015

*Watched on NicoNico during the original broadcast.*

Finally! An animated show who follows the Sailor Moon great manga storyline. Where you can appreciate Mamoru and Usagi evolving relationship instead of an annoying brat's crush for some university student who is full of himself. Where their child's problems and Pluto's character are much more interesting. Where Rei is not an angry little girl anymore. Where you can take an interest in the villains (despite some odd alterations). A show that does not tell you "Read the manga because we won't bother to give you a reason".
Obviously there should be a downside, well there are two: while removing this "roundish" style the first anime had in order to be closer to the manga's drawings, the art suffers from frequent deformed character features (sometimes really ugly *) and hardly reaches Naoko Takeuchi's style, their bodies looking more disproportionate than in the comics. The animation seems odd in some everyday situations while it is fine during most action scenes. Maybe it is because I prefer cellulo to computer... same for the fact I found those CGI stock scenes (used for "suiting up") absolutely hideous, especially the first ones. Besides this "minimalist" technical side, the other issue is the way they underuse the other "pretty warriors": the manga was more about the central couple but the anime goes further and let the others totally on the side.
As a fan of Takeuchi's main piece, I am still looking forward to the next installment but this time I will be prepared for those drawing/animation weaknesses. (no hope about that, seeing how the recent St Seiya ONAs got the same poor treatment)

I also regret the renewal of the cast, particularly the absence of Toru Furuya (as Mamoru).

Score: 5/10
Enjoymet: 4/5

*: the animators refined some scenes and have redrawn a lot of pictures for the retail version. I only saw some screenshots comparisons and it made a world of differences in some cases. If there were enough ameliorations, it could score a 6.
Rei_IIINov 7, 2020 7:55 AM
Sep 19, 2022 4:24 PM

Sep 2020
Quite emotional there at the end.

Overall, disappointing series. I miss the camp of the original, the overly dramatic tone of this didn't jive with me. Add it the fact that the story goes at a rabbit's pace that you don't get much interaction with anybody other than Usagi and Mamoru.

I liked the art style, though, and didn't mind the cgi.

7/10
"You can't decide the future, but I'm going to re-educate you in the past!" - Erna Kurtz
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

41 by Eziprez »»
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon more "traditionally girly" than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

1 by a0t3a »»
Jan 19, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

40 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 2, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

37 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

32 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.