Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
10/10 dub or 10/10 dub?
Mar 15, 2015 9:31 AM

Oct 2013
I had been watching the series subbed all the way up to episode 7 of this season, when I started to lose a bit of interest and didn't end up finishing it yet. I mostly watched it for the girls and the demons, the humor was vaguely amusing but that was about it to me. A couple months later and I got the English dub for the first time, and now I just watched episode 1 again (of season 2)... and oh my gosh did I laugh myself to stitches due to the humor and great voice acting. Best dub cast and script I've seen in a long time, and certainly the most it's ever been the case for me that watching something in a different language makes me want to rate the anime a couple scores higher than I initially did! xD Am I alone with this?

NOTE: I DO NOT INTEND A DUB VS SUB FIGHT. I thought the sub was perfectly fine, except my limited knowledge of Japanese and reliance on fan translation scripts made me appreciate it a lot less than an excellent cast and script in my native language (IN THIS PARTICULAR CASE). I watch and enjoy both subbed and dubbed anime in general.
Mar 15, 2015 12:35 PM
Oct 2014
>loves the dub of DxD NEW

Alright, the second season rocked!! But...

Dude, the dub for DxD NEW SUCKED compared to the dub for DxD. Issei (Scott Freeman) sounds like he's not trying anywhere near as hard in this dub compared to what he did the first season. Asia's (Chloe Daniels) voice becomes extremely irritating in this dub with the squeaking and shit. Sure, in the first season, her voice was high pitched and all, but it sounded quite pleasant. Here, it's fucking ear-raping. Akeno (Teri Rodgers) tries WAYY too hard to sound sexy and arousing, and becomes annoying along with Asia. In the S1 dub, Akeno sounded sexy, but funny at the same time. It's real interesting to laugh while you're having a boner :P. Rias (Jamie Marchi) sounded PERFECT in the first season dub. Second season, she's OK during the first half. As soon as she fucking said "I should take a selfie," her acting began to drop. She didn't sound like she was trying as hard as she was beforehand. Marchi... YOU WROTE THE FUCKING DUB SCRIPT!! Act like your trying! Don't get me started on Kiba. In the first season, he sounded young and badass. Now, he sounds like his balls dropped four feet. It's quite sad. Xenovia sounds OK, but Irina... GAAAHHHH! I'm surprised my eardrums didn't burst from her annoying and ear-raping voice. She could join Asia in the "Destroying Ears With Our Voices" club.

I don't mean to sound like a total jackass, but I just hated the DxD NEW dub compared to the first season dub. I wish the voice actors would've tried to mimic their first season voices better, and I wish Marchi, Rodgers and Freeman (Rias, Akeno and Issei) would have tried harder, and not sound like they were smoking in the basement and brought out of there for the first time in 2 years to record the dub.
Mar 15, 2015 5:39 PM

Oct 2013
bun39 said:
>loves the dub of DxD NEW

Alright, the second season rocked!! But...

Dude, the dub for DxD NEW SUCKED compared to the dub for DxD. Issei (Scott Freeman) sounds like he's not trying anywhere near as hard in this dub compared to what he did the first season. Asia's (Chloe Daniels) voice becomes extremely irritating in this dub with the squeaking and shit. Sure, in the first season, her voice was high pitched and all, but it sounded quite pleasant. Here, it's fucking ear-raping. Akeno (Teri Rodgers) tries WAYY too hard to sound sexy and arousing, and becomes annoying along with Asia. In the S1 dub, Akeno sounded sexy, but funny at the same time. It's real interesting to laugh while you're having a boner :P. Rias (Jamie Marchi) sounded PERFECT in the first season dub. Second season, she's OK during the first half. As soon as she fucking said "I should take a selfie," her acting began to drop. She didn't sound like she was trying as hard as she was beforehand. Marchi... YOU WROTE THE FUCKING DUB SCRIPT!! Act like your trying! Don't get me started on Kiba. In the first season, he sounded young and badass. Now, he sounds like his balls dropped four feet. It's quite sad. Xenovia sounds OK, but Irina... GAAAHHHH! I'm surprised my eardrums didn't burst from her annoying and ear-raping voice. She could join Asia in the "Destroying Ears With Our Voices" club.

I don't mean to sound like a total jackass, but I just hated the DxD NEW dub compared to the first season dub. I wish the voice actors would've tried to mimic their first season voices better, and I wish Marchi, Rodgers and Freeman (Rias, Akeno and Issei) would have tried harder, and not sound like they were smoking in the basement and brought out of there for the first time in 2 years to record the dub.

Heh, interesting. As (disclaimer) I'm basing the dub solely on one episode of DxD NEW and haven't even seen a single episode of the first season dubbed, I don't believe I'm qualified to comment. =p All I can say is that if the first season is even better, I'll be quite content. xD
Mar 15, 2015 5:47 PM

Dec 2013
I have seen the entire first season dub and part of the 2nd season dubbed and personally I enjoy it more than the sub. Hearing all of the "dirty" jokes in english is a lot funnier than listening to it in Japanese

Akeno's voice is perfect!

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2013

124 by removed-user »»
Yesterday, 10:02 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirgoodguy - Jul 7, 2013

251 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

144 by demxnys »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2013

164 by kitsune0 »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

295 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.