Forum Settings
Forums
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2015 9:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, first two parts are up.

A bit of insight on Dozzu’s story and also more discussion related to Tgurneau. One thing I find this series a bit interesting is the fantasy world fiction involved so I guess in this volume, the Wailing Demon Territory. No bad though for a start, looking forward to more of this volume.
Mar 15, 2015 6:46 AM

Apr 2013
Note that for once this isn't a one volume arc, but a 3 volumes arc (at the very least).
May 25, 2015 1:00 AM

Sep 2012
Dayum. It seems like it's always the author's style to maximize the tension and stakes at the very beginning, then escalate it some more, and then multiply it by 50. Good luck Raina, can't wait to read some more chapters. Also, those human camps sound like an absolute nightmare.
IronLobsterMay 28, 2015 4:14 AM
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Sep 5, 2015 6:15 PM

Jan 2015
Shiiiiiit this volume is killing me chapter by chapter. The wait for chapter 6 is real.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Oct 2, 2015 4:48 AM

Nov 2014
Rolonia in this volume though... ._.
And then Goldof being blinded by love for Nashetanye yet again... ._.
But i can't wait for chap six to come out though.
Oct 2, 2015 5:26 AM

Mar 2009
CloudWatcher said:
Rolonia in this volume though... ._.
And then Goldof being blinded by love for Nashetanye yet again... ._.
But i can't wait for chap six to come out though.

Well, he still suspected she and Dozzu tried to trick them and he doesn't intend to help her ultimate plan, so he's not really blinded.
Winter_FireflyOct 2, 2015 7:20 AM
Oct 2, 2015 6:21 AM

Apr 2013
he isn't blind at all. For him Nashetania is everything. He was nothing before meeting her. However, he doesn't agree with her goal and doesn't intend to let her infer with the rokka's mission either. He actually has a far higher sense of responsibility than Adlet or almost anyone else in the group.
He's also far from being naive and fall far less for deceptions than most others besides Hans.
Oct 2, 2015 12:34 PM

Nov 2014
Zefyris said:
he isn't blind at all. For him Nashetania is everything. He was nothing before meeting her. However, he doesn't agree with her goal and doesn't intend to let her infer with the rokka's mission either. He actually has a far higher sense of responsibility than Adlet or almost anyone else in the group.
He's also far from being naive and fall far less for deceptions than most others besides Hans.

i don't know, coz this might just be how i read it(and somehow misunderstood it), but isn't Goldof helping Nashetania frame Rolonia? And at the same time he thinks he is helping her save the six flowers, even though it's been revealed that she and Dozzo will try to kill three flowers. Now, understandably, Rolonia is acting extremely suspicious, but even though he knows Nashetania is trying to frame Rolonia, Goldof still goes for it.

I suppose you're right when you look at it this way, when you say Goldof has a higher sense of responsibility than most: He is defending his childhood friend, the first person to stand up for him, and the only one who can calm him down. Somehow he thinks he will not betray the six braves, and believes he will also save Nashetania in the process.

Imo, and this is purely subjective coz i don't like Nashetania: Goldof has already decided to betray the six braves, coz he said he'd kill Fremy is she hurt or killed Nashetania, and i have to assume this goes for any Flower. On top of this, he was the one who lead Chamo to her near death; not Adlet, he made the decision to follow him based on the fact that if Goldof was a true Flower and they lost him, they would surely be doomed.

So, basically how i see things now is: You have the seventh lurking in the back, being either a briliant actor or unaware of his/her status, you also have Nashetania and Dozzu; who will clearly betray them at the right moment- Dozzu will most likely find the perfect time. However, now you also have Goldof, who is willingly and openly protecting the enemy.
So in conclution, looking from what i think you point of view is, i can agree with your statement. However, from my point of view, i think i don't? Idk i got lost in the middle of that.
Oct 4, 2015 4:55 AM

Oct 2008
Just finished Volume 4, and damn that last chapter was touching. So the epilogue strongly suggests, if not outright confirms who the Black Barren Flower is, but I'm not entirely sure that I buy it.

Anyway, I'm really cursing myself for being spoiled on the THAT plot point that the community could just not shut up about, and it's looking like I'm going to have to wait for about a year at this rate to be caught up on where things are now. I've thought of purchasing imported LNs to support the franchise, and will definitely be buying Pony Canyon's domestic release of the Blu-Rays for the show; any way to get more Rokka. Hopefully foreign sales will be enough to at least get someone like Yen Press acquire this series.
Oct 4, 2015 12:13 PM
Oct 2015
Yea, I think the same plot point you are talking about was spoiled for me as well :(. I do think I would of reached the same conclusion after finishing volume 4 today.

It is hard for me to measure how much I enjoyed volume 4 having to wait months in between the last two chapters, and I'm definitely not doing that again. Overall, the latest translated chapter was very suspenseful and had some very strong moments. My feelings for Rolonia are a bit hard to work through as I had to sit on such dislike of her character for a long period of time. Although the writer is incredible, I do think Yamagata relies a bit too much on making a character ridiculously stubborn and cryptic, to move the plot along.

In terms of Goldof, I do not find him responsible at all. In fact, I think he is extremely selfish. His highest priority is chasing the feeling he once had as a child of rescuing a damsel in distress.
Mavrek32Oct 4, 2015 12:19 PM
Oct 5, 2015 5:51 PM

Jun 2014
Daaaaaaaaang. This author...you think you have a feeling you know what's going to happen and then you're surprised all over again. I think that I may raise my score to 10/10 if the series continues like this.

So about the Black Barren Flower...when we got the description I was thinking there might be a twin but then the epilogue threw me off. I dunno why, but I still feel like there's going to be some kind of twist. Speaking of the epilogue...so it seems Fremy's mother actually did/does love her.

Now, Raina...One thing I love about this series is that there are a lot of situations that you think are going to end in cliche ways but they don't and that's awesome. I was expecting Raina and Adlet's reunion and Raina's death to be really long and dramatic like such things usually are in fiction but that wasn't the case at all. The fact that Raina didn't realize that Adlet really was with him made the scene both more realistic and more heartbreaking in my opinion. "Hey, you look like my friend..." ;-; I found that really sad...

So Rolonia is definitely an idiot but this volume made me like her more. Even if she makes plenty of stupid decisions, she has a lot of character. And she's just so sweet among a group of generally not-so-sweet people, that's hard to ignore.

Hans surprised me. I knew he was clever and smart, but woah, I was not expecting that. And Adlet is incredibly sharp as usual, I can't stress enough how thankful I am that the mc actually has the ability to logically think things through.

All in all, another great volume. I'm so excited to read volume 5. Although, like a couple people mentioned above (although I'm not sure if it's about the same thing), I think I've also been spoiled on a big part of the series...I had already come to the conclusion myself and I'm not entirely sure if what I saw was actually a spoiler, but yeah...ugh, spoilers suck.

Anyway, the wait for each chapter is going to be so hard e-e Just waiting for chapter 6 was awful, now I have to wait this long each time I want to read something. And no, waiting for the whole volume to come out doesn't work for me, if I know that something new was uploaded I always end up reading it. Ah well, I'm used to monthly manga and if you were to compare the two this has more content with each upload.

EDIT: By the way, Mavrek32, welcome to the MAL community!
KageNoAbisuOct 5, 2015 5:54 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2015 7:49 PM

Feb 2011
I agree that reading with long waits for this translation has affected my enjoyment, though I dont blame Nano since they are so amazing and awesome for their work. I just wish it could be brought to America. I think I will buy volumes 5 and 6 in Japanese and try to read of them what I can as well to support the official release.

Oh, and as for my opinion on the volume, I think it was good overall. I found it really interesting how a single Kyoma could hold back 9 Braves level warriors (Dozzu, Nash, Rolonia, 6 others) on his own and how even Zophrair couldnt do it. The scene with Adlet weeping at the tree was quite moving too. Even the strongest man in the world feels great sorrow :/

I suspected Goldof, but I was surprised it was Hans and I like this more. Really liked Goldof's decision making and Fremy's snipe at the end. Overall solid.

I think so far I like Volume 1 most still but 2, 3, and 4 have all been excellent too. I think I liked 2's conflict most after 1 but disliked Mora's backstory the most. 3 I think showed Goldof wonderfully, but I wish it couldve had kore Adlet. And this one was excellent for Hans and Adlet in particular while Rolonia was a bit annoying.
DragonOct 5, 2015 7:57 PM
Oct 6, 2015 11:14 PM
Oct 2015
Huh, I never thought about the Kyoma holding back 9 powerful enemies. That is quite the feat!

With Adlet, he is one of the best written protagonist that I have encountered in Japanese media. He is right up there with Youko from the Twelve Kingdoms, and that is one of my highest praises to give.

The tree scene was amazing. At first he wanted to carry the weight, and then decided to allow himself a moment to "feel" and honor his friend. Even going back to the beginning of the chapter where he needed to take a moment for himself to count the cost for attempting to rescue his villagers. His response was so real and you really get to appreciate his leadership.

With Goldof, I really like that he wasn't moping around anymore. I finally got to see sides of his character when he is working as a team player. That was nice.

Hans is just badass. I don't know what more else I can say.

KageNoAbisu, Rolonia is an idiot, but I guess she is an adorable idiot as you say. Just not when she is in complete life threatening situations because of here idiocy. Thanks for the welcome!

Yea, and shoutouts to NanoDesu!
Oct 9, 2015 3:30 PM

Jun 2014
Damn! Just finished this volume.....
Can't believe she is the Black Barren Flower.......
Oct 14, 2015 4:07 AM

Nov 2009
Just finished the volume too.

OtakuBeast98 said:
Can't believe she is the Black Barren Flower.......

Knowing Tgurneu, there must be some kind of trick there, and we shouldn't just believe Raina's third-hand information.

KageNoAbisu said:
Speaking of the epilogue...so it seems Fremy's mother actually did/does love her.

I wonder how did Tgurneu made Fremy believe she isn't loved. Or was Fremy's backstory a lie?
Oct 14, 2015 5:50 PM

Jun 2014
You know, I take back what I said earlier about not believing that Fremy is the Black Barren Flower. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of twist, but when I think about it it would actually make a lot of sense.
flannan said:
I wonder how did Tgurneu made Fremy believe she isn't loved. Or was Fremy's backstory a lie?

She thought she was loved until her mother and the others tried to kill her after she failed to assassinate Chamot. So that's what made her think that it had all been a lie. So it seems that Tgurneu told her mother to pretend that Fremy had been nothing but a tool to her. That's part of why I think Fremy could actually very likely be the Black Barren Flower.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2016 1:21 PM

Jun 2014
It's interesting how Raina mentioned the whole description of the Black Barren Flower pretty much resembling Fremy but there wasn't any name confirmation. Do you think Fremy has a twin or something?

Hans is always claiming that Adlet is the most dangerous out of the individuals but after cat's exposing of Rolonia, it's fair to say that Hans has really analysed the situation carefully which is backed up by his claim of going into danger with assurances.

Great volume and hopefully the Temple of Fate is introduced soon.

Now I wait for the translations patiently :)
All credit goes to Sacred.
Feb 27, 2016 10:39 AM

Aug 2014
Well this was the most intense chapter so far. Feel really sad about Raina and Adlet not getting a proper reunion ;~;

Besides that, the whole dela with the Black Barren Flower was so interesting, and I was a little surprised by the twist of what it really was. If anything, I was suspecting Adlet or Rolonia of being an unaware 7th, but I guess Fremy might just be that instead...the epilogue was also a little depressing...I guess Fremy's mother cared about her afterall...

Well now to wait for the entirety of Vol 5 of be translated :s
Jul 29, 2022 10:44 AM

Jun 2017
This was so far the best volume in the series. The author set up the mystery really well in the first few chapters. The fact that everything - Majin, Saint of the single flower and the black barrenbloom being connected with each other made reading this an absolute pleasure. Rainer's herculean efforts to contact the Braves and his subsequent death was touching too. Tgurneu is one of the most formidable villains I have seen in all of media.
Apr 21, 2023 12:06 AM
Jan 2021
Chrome_Falcon said:
This was so far the best volume in the series. The author set up the mystery really well in the first few chapters. The fact that everything - Majin, Saint of the single flower and the black barrenbloom being connected with each other made reading this an absolute pleasure. Rainer's herculean efforts to contact the Braves and his subsequent death was touching too. Tgurneu is one of the most formidable villains I have seen in all of media.

I'm right there with you on this bud. Volume 4 was strong. Not really any convenient ass pulls pushing the story along like the previous 2 volumes. Far more believable for this fictitious world.

More topics from this board

» Volume 7 Release date ( 1 2 )

Kilvann - May 31, 2016

59 by DEEP_SLASHER »»
Mar 12, 11:26 AM

» This light novel is finished? How many chapters this have?

jpxavowwgamer - Jul 15, 2021

7 by AsTralonTop »»
Jan 9, 3:25 PM

» Chapters in the Novels

VilkaTheWolf - Sep 25, 2015

10 by removed-user »»
May 25, 2023 11:53 PM

» volume 6 discussion

Ghoultulhu - Sep 1, 2015

24 by Chrome_Falcon »»
Aug 4, 2022 7:13 AM

Poll: » Rokka no Yuusha Volume 5 Discussion

chronoex - Apr 19, 2015

27 by Chrome_Falcon »»
Jul 31, 2022 12:46 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.