Oct 8, 2018 8:49 PM
Jan 2017
How does Hanyuu have so few votes

Nov 19, 2019 3:51 AM

Oct 2019
Rena is my queen! My vote goes to her!
Nov 21, 2019 9:57 PM

Jun 2019
I like all to some extent or another - Least favorites would be Takano and followed moderately close behind by Shion, but I can still appreciate aspects of them, and that's a substantial part of what the show is about. That every person has a side of them, traits or qualities, or capability of actions, that will be appreciated by someone somewhere sometime. And even the kindest, cutest, most generous, helpful, and innocuous looking people, could be capable of extreme merciless cruelty, wrath, and rampage when pushed in the right scenario. Even if that would splinter off into some parallel universe.

Everything we know from the entire series and OVAs taken into consideration though, it'd still have to be Rena every time. Not just cute with a unique one-of-a-kind fashion sense, but extremely intelligent, extremely loyal, and extremely weird. Perfect combo.

Rika is a very close second. Then Hanyuu, because she's basically more mystical Rika were Rika to become an actual god and infused with the powers of the cosmos from being forced to serve as a human sacrifice, like Hanyuu was. Rika's not a god, but like a saint for what she endured and triumphed over through overwhelming will. Hanyuu/Oyashiro can be Hinamizawa's local deity and Rika its patron saint.

That doesn't mean though that I don't find a lot to love about either Mion or Satoko. Both are about equal in my mind, but I'll give the slightest edge to Mion because she's Kagome from one of my other favorite series and thanks to Satsuki Yukino's divine, lovely VA work.

WatchTillTandavaNov 21, 2019 10:13 PM
Dec 7, 2019 5:59 AM
Sep 2019
we can debate about dis all day, but am i the only one who seriously appreciates Keichii in this series? most shows lack an interesting or competent male MC (who’s not completely overpowered in some way) but Keichii made Higurashi really interesting for me and you gotta give him credit for how impactful he was in most of the arcs.
Dec 17, 2019 1:24 PM

Jun 2019
elijahlee said:
we can debate about dis all day, but am i the only one who seriously appreciates Keichii in this series? most shows lack an interesting or competent male MC (who’s not completely overpowered in some way) but Keichii made Higurashi really interesting for me and you gotta give him credit for how impactful he was in most of the arcs.

Good on you. Keiichi is also great. Most male leads in anime are, as you said, serving as a cypher for audience members and are either how they imagine themselves to be, impressionable and naive, weak physically and in spirit beta male types, or how they crave to be in a wish fulfillment sense, with gigantic muscles, gigantic swords, and borderline or actual superpowers.

The characters in Higurashi as a whole and their depth that plays out throughout the series are more original than is often given credit for. They show characters can be strong, resistant, and resilient to the end through their creativity and intelligence and unlike some other shows which showcase intelligence and ingenuity over physical strength, the characters don't come off as totally obnoxious or contrived.
Oct 23, 2020 12:14 AM
Dec 2019
Rena is best girl Obviously.
Oct 23, 2020 9:57 PM

May 2020
At the beginning, Mion looked like a cold scary character. But eventually, I realised she's the sweetest and the girly one. I loved her character the most. She us ready for anything when it comes to her friends.
Also, Rena and Rika were really good.
Oct 23, 2020 10:23 PM

Oct 2020
Judging by the polls, it seems like MAL users have astonishingly good taste =^.^=
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2020 5:57 PM
Apr 2020
I love them all. If I could vote for multiple, they would be Rena, Shion, and Hanyuu

Rena > Shion > Mion > Hanyuu > Rika > Satoko > Takano
AnnualStormOct 30, 2020 6:02 PM
Dec 6, 2021 7:37 PM
Dec 2017
Furude Rika for me personally.

Dec 7, 2021 12:50 AM
Aug 2020
Mion definitely.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LunarEmerald - Dec 17, 2007

365 by Playcool »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.