Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 11, 2015 2:02 PM

Jun 2013
Was Basara was exiled because he was too strong?
Why does anyone blame him for killing the escaped crazy dude?
Or why is he blamed for using his power to kill the crazy dude and with the cross fire destroying the child's corpses? Entire village destroyed or a feel child's corpses being lost.
Idk maybe just my opinion but the background settings seems really stupid.
Feb 11, 2015 2:31 PM

Aug 2013
Well the reason why they exile Basara was because his special ability The Banishing Shift can erase anything to the zero dimension and erase everything to nothingness. Basara use his special to save Yuki and himself from the guy who was possessed by the Brynhildr but his ability erase the demon guy, the corpses, and everything around him and Yuki. However the Village leaders believe that Basara's ability was so strong that he might not able to control it if another accident happens in the future. They believe that Basara's ability was too dangerous to use so they exile him and Jin.
Feb 11, 2015 2:33 PM

Jun 2013
Well the reason why they exile Basara was because his special ability The Banishing Shift can erase anything to the zero dimension and erase everything to nothingness. Basara use his special to save Yuki and himself from the guy who was possessed by the Brynhildr but his ability erase the demon guy, the corpses, and everything around him and Yuki. However the Village leaders believe that Basara's ability was so strong that he might not able to control it if another accident happens in the future. They believe that Basara's ability was too dangerous to use so they exile him and Jin.

But everyone seems to blame him for using the power even though it was to protect the village..
Feb 11, 2015 2:46 PM

Aug 2013
Miniclawz said:

But everyone seems to blame him for using the power even though it was to protect the village..

True. And I also forgot that the other reason why Basara was exile was because the Village Leaders were also too stubborn and stupid. I agree it was stupid to exile him. Basara didn't mean too, he had to use it to save Yuki, himself, and other innocent heroes in the village. But they're were so stubborn to listen a to a child who save their asses. And I also believe that the other reason why is because the Curse weapon Brynhildr chose Basara as his master. The Brynhildr is one of the most curse weapons on earth and I believe the Village Leaders were afraid that Basara might turn against them if the Brynhildr possessed him just like the unknown demon guy.
Feb 12, 2015 2:15 AM
Aug 2012
I know they keep stating that it was out of fear and the children's corpses but if that's true then yea, it doesn't make much sense.

The way I rationalize it - the villagers think the crazy guy just cut everyone, not necessarily killing them. So anyone still alive at the time was actually killed by Basara's power rather than the guy who went crazy.

The weird thing is that the villagers specifically state that even the "corpses" disappeared because of basara, making it seems like that was the main emotional reason for his exile But if they already know that they died then it seems stupid to put the blame on a kid :|

Honestly I have no clue why they didn't just change it (possible translation error??). Make the identity of the killer ambiguous to the villagers but have only Yuki know that everyone was brutally murdered. The specific choice of words is unnecessary, making it confusing and plain dumb.

I just rationalize it as them saying - the survivors were killed by Basara and that ability destroyed everything.

Otherwise yea, pretty dumb. But hey, I'm surprised by this show. Besides this one thing, it's actually pretty interesting. Not sure if the ecchi attracted bad viewers but I gotta say, this series ain't bad at all.
Idle_ObserverFeb 12, 2015 2:19 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2015

175 by kirosaki_takumi »»
Mar 28, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2015

239 by alecbest »»
Dec 31, 2023 3:43 AM

Poll: » Worth watch?

BlueCloud5 - Oct 22, 2021

23 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 22, 2023 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2015

161 by removed-user »»
Sep 7, 2023 5:55 PM

Poll: » Shinmai Maou no Testament Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2015

74 by MizuhoKamui »»
Feb 5, 2023 12:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.