Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 23, 2015 7:43 PM
May 2009
I'm stunned with how badly this has been adapted. Sure the manga isn't anything amazing, but if the Manga was Earth, than this Anime is hell. I've seen some pretty bad adaptations but this is ranking pretty high on my list. Any other Manga readers disappointed by this adaptation?
Jan 23, 2015 8:17 PM

Oct 2014
I had to recheck the source and lol they went Hi-Ho Tinfoil Away! on this adaptation lmao....
Jan 24, 2015 12:05 AM

Feb 2014
I don't think it's that bad. I mean, they had to rewrite some stuff so it would fit 10 episodes.

We have to agree there's no much content since the chapters did stop coming, so, they had to do that.

It's not that bad, as I said. I've seen worse adapted titles.
DoctaLinker
Jan 25, 2015 3:35 AM

Dec 2007
Vacation said:
I don't think it's that bad. I mean, they had to rewrite some stuff so it would fit 10 episodes.

We have to agree there's no much content since the chapters did stop coming, so, they had to do that.

It's not that bad, as I said. I've seen worse adapted titles.
No, it completely throws out key plot points, and makes it such that if it tries to get on track, it's generated plot holes.

While it's possible for it to get on track as an adaptation, the entire first episode is basically wasted on that front, so episode two would be the first one adapting anything significant from the manga - that's 10% of the series devoted to boldly going nowhere. Otherwise, it's going to continue to be mostly anime original. It's not like there aren't convenient places to stop for a relatively short adaptation either, so that's not the issue. So, this has nothing to do with the time limit - it's all about tossing out the manga.

Jan 29, 2015 4:35 AM

Apr 2009
japzone said:
I'm stunned with how badly this has been adapted. Sure the manga isn't anything amazing, but if the Manga was Earth, than this Anime is hell. I've seen some pretty bad adaptations but this is ranking pretty high on my list. Any other Manga readers disappointed by this adaptation?
My thoughts as well. It's practically not an adaptation anymore with only the characters being the same. None of the content from Volume 1 actually made it to this episode. It's crazy how they were able to make the generic ecchi manga into something much worse.
Feb 2, 2015 9:11 PM
Dec 2013
The title got me looolll

Pray for mangaka
Feb 2, 2015 9:11 PM

Sep 2013
revx said:
Wow, I think I might start reading the manga just to see how it compares.

Yeah, just what I was thinking.
Feb 4, 2015 6:44 PM

Feb 2014
I haven't seen the anime adaptation yet but one thing I disliked a lot in the manga is the harem setting, things could be smoother and have some substance.
Feb 4, 2015 6:46 PM
Mar 2011
its not guin saga bad
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Feb 4, 2015 8:44 PM
May 2009
surfboard_ said:
I haven't seen the anime adaptation yet but one thing I disliked a lot in the manga is the harem setting, things could be smoother and have some substance.

True, it could be better hence why I said it wasn't amazing. But the Anime is even worse.
Feb 5, 2015 5:22 PM

Sep 2012
I love this anime and yes... the mangaka is probly crying tears of happiness because his work got picked up by an animation studio and it even got animated. Thats the best thing anyone can ask for as a mangaka.
Feb 6, 2015 10:07 AM

May 2009
FlamingMangos said:
I love this anime and yes... the mangaka is probly crying tears of happiness because his work got picked up by an animation studio and it even got animated. Thats the best thing anyone can ask for as a mangaka.

With some exceptions, this.

Anyway, why is it that people demand that an anime follows the source closely? I don't mind if they deviated from it slightly, or make an entirely different show from it, as long as it's entertaining, and right now, I'm still liking this show quite a bit.

If I want to know what the story of the manga is, I'll go read the manga, as that is the only way I'll get the full grasp of the story, especially when this show only has 10 episodes and most likely won't be a huge seller to merit more anime to flesh out the story more. Heck, maybe that is why the anime is the way it is now. It's probably lose-lose either way you look at it.

Besides, the anime is made to tell people that there's a manga out there, so if it will make more people buy it, than the show will have served its purpose.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2015 4:38 AM

Sep 2011
FlamingMangos said:

If the animation studio was ARMS hmmm maybe the mangaka was really going to cry literally.
Feb 7, 2015 4:39 AM

Apr 2013
AO968 said:

Anyway, why is it that people demand that an anime follows the source closely? I don't mind if they deviated from it slightly, or make an entirely different show from it, as long as it's entertaining, and right now, I'm still liking this show quite a bit.

Agreed, I've read the manga, and i'm watching the show, and they are indeed quite different. But so what? The manga wasn't the best thing out there to begin with, and neither is this show, but I find them enjoyable anyway. As far as i'm concerned, as far as certain scenes (such as Shinichirou's boobie back wash) make it into the adaptation, I'm happy. :P
Feb 7, 2015 6:13 AM

Jan 2013
I seriauosly don't understand why it's rated so low and you are hating. There are many much worse series that are rated higher. From 3 eps I saw it's strong 7 from me. Or I just have shit taste?
Feb 7, 2015 8:09 AM

Apr 2014
Actually the Anime was better than the manga because Arms Studio (Known for Elfen Lied, Gokukoku no Brynhildr)
was changing extreme Ecchi scenes to Gore (which I liked about this).
Haters always gonna hate.
Feb 9, 2015 8:39 AM

Sep 2013
The manga is nothing to sneeze at.
The anime is good, definitely like it more than the manga.

Ukatoid said:
I seriauosly don't understand why it's rated so low and you are hating. There are many much worse series that are rated higher. From 3 eps I saw it's strong 7 from me. Or I just have shit taste?

No, you just have common sense.
Whoever's excepting super plot and animation is borderline retarded.
Feb 16, 2015 10:33 PM

Jan 2011
Latest episode has the samurai golems controlled by the blonde enemy mage rather than by their original controller. It doesn't surprise me much since we've already seen so many changes (and so much important plot and character development skipped over). When the thunder beast showed up as a random monster without any plot relevance in episode 1 this show had already indicated how badly they would mangle the adaptation.

My guess is that the mangaka has little or no input on this adaptation.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 16, 2015 10:39 PM

Jun 2012
An adaptation is better than nothing at all. Imagine all the artists that put a lifetime worth of ideas and stories into their works and end up getting cancelled after a dozen chapters or not serialized at all.
Feb 17, 2015 4:08 AM

Apr 2014
rodac said:
Latest episode has the samurai golems controlled by the blonde enemy mage rather than by their original controller. It doesn't surprise me much since we've already seen so many changes (and so much important plot and character development skipped over). When the thunder beast showed up as a random monster without any plot relevance in episode 1 this show had already indicated how badly they would mangle the adaptation.

My guess is that the mangaka has little or no input on this adaptation.

Yeah this adaption was a horrible mess. I don't care about the first episode having the Raiju in the beginning.
But on the 4th episode having Suseri transferred to Sakuya's school just as if it's normal it became terrible.
Suseri doesn't go to school because her family forbids it. So Nadeshiko just teach her at home (home schooling).
And because she doesn't go to a regular school she can't make friends other than her relatives or subordinates.
And the Samurai Spirit being (Yashaou) controlled by Isuca was supposed to be planned by Nadeshiko to test Shinichirou.
Feb 18, 2015 3:16 PM

Sep 2009
the show is not completely ignoring the manga, it just rearranging the chapter.....................alot and making alteration and focuses too much on the Ecchi, which is very little in the manga.

The person who said Sasuri doesn't go to school read the end of chapter 24.
Feb 20, 2015 1:06 AM

Jan 2008
I don't know if the author is crying, but I sure as hell am. WTF IS THIS SHIT?!!! WHY?! Can't this goddamn studio make ONE good adaptation? They already butchered Brynhindlr, they had to butcher this one as well?
Feb 20, 2015 6:09 AM

Apr 2014
komic said:
the show is not completely ignoring the manga, it just rearranging the chapter.....................alot and making alteration and focuses too much on the Ecchi, which is very little in the manga.

The person who said Sasuri doesn't go to school read the end of chapter 24.

It's the opposite. Are you really reading the manga? The manga focuses on too much Ecchi but the anime focuses on gore.
And just to be clear. I didn't say Suseri doesn't ever go to school.
I just meant to say they didn't bother to make the back story of Suseri not being able to attend on regular school.
DmonHiro said:
I don't know if the author is crying, but I sure as hell am. WTF IS THIS SHIT?!!! WHY?! Can't this goddamn studio make ONE good adaptation? They already butchered Brynhindlr, they had to butcher this one as well?

Then always keep in mind, Arms Studio = Fucked Up (So Bad) Adaptation.
Feb 25, 2015 8:06 AM
Feb 2015
I don't have a problem when they change around stuff for an anime adaptation but as mentioned before, it can and will mess up the direction of the manga original plot ideas and leave large gaps in the continuing story that scream to be filled. The problem is that unless they do some real fancy backtracking and start explaining stuff, this will only make it worse as the anime progresses. I think they could have been more suttle in trying to redesigning the story to fit in the episodes remaining. Something else they did to make me ticked off is that in the manga, I don't remember anyone being killed off yet. Why they had to do in in the anime??? Maybe the manga story was too dull and they had to try something to spice it up. Bad choice in my mind. There's already enough death and destruction in anime. They didn't have to add more just to show a little action.
Feb 26, 2015 6:24 AM

Sep 2013
Shit anime, dropped on minute 4:18 on episode 2.
Too shitty to handle.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isuca Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 21, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Isuca Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2015

37 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 21, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Isuca Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2015

34 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 19, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Isuca Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2015

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 18, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Isuca Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2015

42 by gannoncannon55 »»
Apr 17, 7:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.