Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 21, 2014 10:56 AM

Dec 2013
This is the thread for discussing the Myers & Briggs personality types of Clannad characters.

Some common opinions:

Nagisa - ISFP
Tomoya - ISTJ
Sunohara - ESFP

Agree? Disagree? Want to discuss other Clannad characters? Let's hear it!
友達になろう!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 13, 2016 5:46 PM
Apr 2015
I don't think Tomoya is ISTJ. He's super lazy, doesn't care about his studies nor duty. He's also very flexible and easy-going. I think he is ISTP - He likes doing practical things that involves Ti and Se*, i.e. basketball and his job in After Story.

I agree with you on Sunohara. It's quite the stereotypical ESFP - loud, dreamy, seems silly but it comes as bright when it is required. And he doesn't know what personal space actually is.

As for Nagisa, I don't really know. I could see her as ISFJ - a very quiet one, with supressed Fe*. But she could also be INFP - she's very creative and seems to perceive things that are not sensory-oriented (like the hidden world) which could make her an N-type. I don't think she's ISFP - she just doesn't have Se*. She's completely terrible with sports and rather clumsy.

* Ti, Se, Fe are cognitive functions: http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/Cognitive-Functions/
Aug 11, 2016 1:03 PM
Oct 2015
ordbyn said:
I don't think Tomoya is ISTJ. He's super lazy, doesn't care about his studies nor duty. He's also very flexible and easy-going. I think he is ISTP - He likes doing practical things that involves Ti and Se*, i.e. basketball and his job in After Story.

I agree with you on Sunohara. It's quite the stereotypical ESFP - loud, dreamy, seems silly but it comes as bright when it is required. And he doesn't know what personal space actually is.

As for Nagisa, I don't really know. I could see her as ISFJ - a very quiet one, with supressed Fe*. But she could also be INFP - she's very creative and seems to perceive things that are not sensory-oriented (like the hidden world) which could make her an N-type. I don't think she's ISFP - she just doesn't have Se*. She's completely terrible with sports and rather clumsy.

* Ti, Se, Fe are cognitive functions: http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/Cognitive-Functions/

ISTJ don't have to be workaholic,that's just a stereotype.I could see him as a ISTJ,he seems like a Si user,but ISTP could be a possibility.
Apr 28, 2017 9:23 PM
Jun 2016
But even if you don't have to be a diligent worker to be an ISTJ Tomoya is still someone who'd much rather go with the flow. He doesn't like to make tough decisions, like when he

Don't get me wrong, making a decision in such a heavy situation will definitely bring out some mental breakdown but other than that you can kinda tell he really hates making tough decisions in general.
Oct 24, 2020 11:02 PM
Oct 2020
I only agree w/ Sunohara's and that makes his sister an ISFJ, the other characters I'd say:
CLANNAD is INFP-themed about the 2 characters embracing their abilities as INFPs
Okazaki-INFP (Si is his tertiary, he doesn't have the conviction that IJs do. He only looped over a personal memory, comparing past experiences out of spite. His judgments stem from Fi, Te is his inferior. During his less serious moments, he is seen having clear Ne-aux. He's an unhealthy example of suppressed Ne. Se PoLR distracted by his thoughts, not the present reality. Another angsty teen INFP.)
Nagisa-INFP (Fi-dom agreed. She's characterized as stubborn about her conscience. Reading Jung's definition, she's not Fe at all. She felt she wasn't living up to her high standards when dealing with her family photo albums. Her decision to drop the Drama Club, sing her Dango song onstage, her pregnancy, etc. Nagisa's arc is Fi-Si looping to developing inferior Te, you'd know if you've seen it. But I have to disagree that'd she'd be a Sensor, she's Se PoLR than anything. Nagisa doesn't adapt to the physical environment around her at all. Her Ne is way too obvious, especially in how we'll she gets along with Fuko or Kotomi. The opposite extreme to Okazaki in the INFPness of CLANNAD.)
Kyou-ESFJ or ENTJ (Type A Personality description.)
Ryou-ISFP (She's the Sensor, not Nagisa. I never see Fe/Ti in her, hence P. She just lives in the moment without thinking of anything else. Besides her twin's ENTJ so it'd make sense.)
Kotomi-INTP (She develops her inferior Fe as she gets out of her loop. Her relationship with Kyou is the perfect example of ENTJ-INTP.)
Tomoyo-INFJ (Te PoLR questioning the established system. Unlike Kyou, she doesn't struggle with high Fe nor inferior Ti. She gets to the point more easily, fulfilling her vision.)
Fuko-ENFP (Ti PoLR like Sunohara. Like the majority of this type, she's considered to have an ambiverted personality. She's completely in a different world which makes Ne her dominant function and Si her inferior one. Te is tertiary because she has a less harder time with external logic or taking action than Nagisa.)
Yukine-INFJ (She's keen at reading other people, always being thoughtful towards how to solve their problems.)
Kappei-ISFP (He lives in the moment and follows his own values. I barely see Te use which would be his inferior function.)
Misae-ENFJ (Fe-dom for sure with vision, only a letter away from Tomoyo.)
Ushio-ENFJ (Contrast to her mother, she adapts better to social situations.)
Robot-INFP (Okazaki IS the garbage doll.)
Akio-ENFP (And used to act. Fi is definitely there because he gave up his career just for his daughter.)
Sanae-ESFJ (Her judgments are on everyone's behalf and can't deal with criticism, thus Fe-dom. Si is traditional like her daughter. Ne is tertiary making her able to be on the same wavelength as her family.)
Yoshino-INFJ (More of a Feeler. Inferior Se being striked out in baseball lol)
turquoisepawsFeb 22, 2021 8:14 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Hyouka MBTI

QueenSuzanna - Dec 20, 2014

9 by OahuOtaku »»
May 29, 2020 1:31 PM

» Boku no Hero Academia MBTI

QueenSuzanna - Mar 25, 2020

0 by QueenSuzanna »»
Mar 25, 2020 9:10 PM

» Kimi no Na wa (Your Name) MBTI

Blind_I - Jan 8, 2017

0 by Blind_I »»
Jan 8, 2017 1:55 PM

» Kuroko no Basket MBTI

QueenSuzanna - Dec 19, 2014

2 by Blind_I »»
Jan 8, 2017 12:22 PM

» ReLIFE MBTI

Blind_I - Jul 2, 2016

3 by Bataktakitekas »»
Sep 17, 2016 6:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.