Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2014 10:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I liked the buildup of this episode with the preparation for the Orichi's return. Decent action as well with neither sides holding back. And finally, it is about damn time Chutaro is fighting for the right cause. FiNALLY. I can't wait to see the look on his face if he sees his brother again

Tenka is that damn awesome.
Stark700Dec 12, 2014 11:43 AM
Dec 12, 2014 11:00 AM

Jul 2010
Showing a little more about Tenka!

The minister using the artifical orochi to keep him alive too.

Nishiki having an inner struggle against the two sides. The one Botan wasn't sure about. Really liked it when she took the swords with her and chose to be a Kumou ninja!

Kagami not killing the two police and how he covered his eyes using his hand when Chutarou was crying on top of him. The slight wavering in Kagami's eyes! It was nice to see that Chutaro finally is giving up on the revenge thing. I find myself wanting like a spin-off with Chutaro and Kagami just going on an adventure that isn't about revenge.

The Yamainu versus the Fuma clan, Botan and Nishiki versus Kotaro. Botan knowing it would be a dead end and had Tenka be above it. That grand entrance that Tenka made! Soramaru in orochi form :/
Dec 12, 2014 11:11 AM

Jan 2012
Nishiki was already my favorite character, but this cemented it. Hope she doesn't die...
Dec 12, 2014 11:19 AM

Feb 2014
This is so underrated it hurts :(
Dec 12, 2014 11:24 AM

Aug 2010
Quite a lot of shit going on XD Awesome shit :3 Animation and OST was really great this ep too.

Dat Sora Orochi splitting the sea O_o!!

So Tenka was an artificial Orochi because of medication that saved his life? Interesting :O Still doesn't seem to have much left to live though :(

Glad that Nishiki was able to overcome her hesitation and do something even if it meant betraying the Fuma :D Props to her trying to save her husbando

Abe and co were kickass owning all those Fuma like nothing XD I wonder how he'd react if he found out Tenka is alive.

And I feel bad for Kagami. The way he said "so u also left me alone at the end" was sad :( Hope Chutaro goes back to him.

Loved the end with Tenka appearing. Man was his smile as bright as the sun alright ^^
Dec 12, 2014 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
Nishiki :3

Next episode is the finale. So far it has been good and I hope that the last episode won't be a disappoitment.
Dec 12, 2014 12:03 PM

Feb 2014
Tenka! \(*T▽T*)/

All those battles.
Choosing which side to join.

The Orochi has completely taken over Soramaru that he can't hear his brothers' calls.

That ending with Tenka. Now they know he's alive~

One more episode!
This anime is just amazing, I can't believe it's already nearing the end.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Dec 12, 2014 12:06 PM
Jan 2014
Nishiki has proven herself to be very useful. I'm glad she wasn't neglected.

The pacing was pretty balanced in this episode. The character focus, although not the best I've seen, managed to stay pretty consistent on every character. I was kind of worried about it, since the cast for this is on the high end.

Tenny finally made his comeback official to his brothers. Even Soramaru, while being devoured almost completely by the Orichi, was very surprised to see him alive. It's been a while since we last saw the sun too. The last scene was done very well.
Dec 12, 2014 12:34 PM

Jan 2014
Fuck yeah Tenka is back in OP and ED and we are approaching the end ;_;
I am so glad that Nishiki chose to stay with Kumoh.
Dec 12, 2014 1:44 PM

Oct 2013
Orochi-maru's (yeah, I wonder if that was intentional) power up felt so much like a Super Saiyan power up I couldn't help but chuckle.

Kagami's role in the story is what has me most interested at the moment. He's a criminal, he's a villain, he's just another character that lives for revenge, but... he is not demonized. In fact, he's humanized and portrayed in a way that makes him interesting. His final line in this episode was actually quite sad: "See? Ya abandon me like everyone else..."

I'm really interested in seeing what his ultimate role is in the story. Hopefully that's not it.

Nishiki really impressed me too because I genuinely anticipated she'd side with the Fuma, at least temporary, but I guess this just goes to show you can never trust a shinobi... She might be my favorite of the cast, but I quite like all of the characters, so what's that even saying?

One episode left. The only possible way this series is getting anything less than a 7 from me is if it completely screws up the ending. If it ends up going for a traditional, generic happy ending, that's entirely possible... so here's to hoping for something special in the finale next week.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Dec 12, 2014 1:45 PM
Jul 2018
Anyone know if there is a chance for a second season? I haven't read the manga, so I don't know the source material's length.

Also, epic episode and Moses moment with SoraOrochi.
Dec 12, 2014 1:53 PM
Mar 2012
First part of the end, things got serious.

I didn't like the Chutaro part - it felt too sudden.
I really like Nishiki. I wonder whether she and what's-her-name can win against Shirasu. I hope so.

I wonder whether Tenka will die after all - it sounded like it. :(
Dec 12, 2014 2:15 PM

Jan 2013
I checked the manga last week and I saw that it was a small one...
I really wanted to keep (start) reading when the anime ended but I think that it will adapt all the chapters...

Oh well, anyways, great episode. We got to see the reason why Tenka was alive. The build up for the fights, hope no one dies.
The ending was great :3
Dec 12, 2014 2:31 PM

Nov 2007
That lady knows where that eldest son now. Oroshi already fully woke up and cannot use his swords anymore... Guns vs. swords and swords won.

Youngest realizing he shouldn't have grudge now, and while running away, he met KajiKaji's character who became Orochi. He has entrusted to lead Orochi to where sun is. And Oldest's appearance...

Final ep. next.

Silver4000 said:
I really wanted to keep (start) reading when the anime ended but I think that it will adapt all the chapters...

There's Donten ni Warau Gaiden and Rengoku ni Warau, though, if you want to read more.
tsubasaloverDec 12, 2014 2:37 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 12, 2014 3:07 PM
Apr 2013
I really don't want this to end ): There's so much more room for the characters to grow...
Dec 12, 2014 3:11 PM

Sep 2008
I like how opening is changing according to events in episodes
and how in ending characters were added...
well... I must said it was hard when they cut Tenka,
but right now is all like "oh... how nice and good is having Tenka again in OP&ED (^^,)"

Really like ending card *.*

And story... wow! So many feelings! <3
I still can't use up all my thoughts about events and feelings from these episode...

Final episode, next week... ;(
I don't want this... ;(
Dec 12, 2014 3:37 PM

Jan 2014
Really interesting. I just can't believe the next episode will be the last one.
There are so many good side characters, like that criminal who trained the
youngest brother. Or that half Kumo girl. I just hope Tenka dies again. :)
Dec 12, 2014 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
Orochi Soramaru splitting the sea was epic.

Abe and co are owning those Fumas like badass.
Dec 12, 2014 4:30 PM

Jan 2011
Shirasu is funny. The man who spent 10 years pretending to be the Kumoh's friend, who didn't except Nishiki because she is not a real Fuma, and who would kill all of them anyways spouts that "betraying the Fuma is a grave sin".

So for him to betray someone is okay why?
For him, Nishiki never was Fuma, so she can hardly betray them
And what difference does it make whether she dies just like that, or because she "betrayed" the Fuma.

Of course, his actions are for the good of the Fuma/Orochi, so for him they are justified, but still, someone like him should know better than to say such nonsense. He should be way to professional for this.
Dec 12, 2014 4:36 PM

Jan 2013
That end :D
I'm glad Tenka is back and that Nishiki is on the good side.

Dec 12, 2014 6:24 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
I like how Hirari let Tenka go and said "Being free suits him" while thinking about how he reminds him of Taiko.

Sorachimaru rifting the sea to break Gokumonjo was epic! If he had the ability to talk, I bet his voice would've been awesome too. (Just like Orochimaru).

Sousei and his Yamainu pals are such badasses; took down those prisoners collectively in no time!

> "I have learned that if you trust people too much, you will get hurt."
Botan speaks the truth. Such philosophy is nothing but the truth. I relate to it quite a lot, unfortunately.

Nice seeing Nishiki putting her best efforts to save her husbando master. Even as a half Fuma, that was pretty admirable.

Felt bad for Kagami, especially when he said "See? Ya abandon me like everyone else..." Since his VA also does Kaiki, that was a bit heartbreaking for me..
Hope he finds a better reason to keep living.

Tenka appears at the right time to save his brothers. That smile of his was great as always. (^^)

Good episode. Hopefully, this show will have a happy ending as the title of the next week's PV suggests.

Dec 12, 2014 6:53 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
VanishingKira said:
"Let's go home."

One line,yet so perfect.

Agreed. Tenka really is a great person. He's can be positive (even though he suffers as well) even in such a dire circumstance where they don't know if they can really separate the Orochi from Soramaru. Best onii-chan/parent(s) ever.

Nishiki so cool in this episode :) Gerokichi stopping all of the sudden and flinging Chuutarou off was lol.

Ahh I can't believe there's only one more episode left.
Dec 12, 2014 7:18 PM

Oct 2010
Kyandesu said:
Anyone know if there is a chance for a second season? I haven't read the manga, so I don't know the source material's length.

Also, epic episode and Moses moment with SoraOrochi.

Probably not, this adaptation pretty much covers the entire manga. There is a prequel series that's currently ongoing but its still far from having enough material to adapt.
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Dec 12, 2014 7:38 PM

Sep 2013
I love how they keep changing the opening and how Tenka is back in it . We got to see chuutarou growing stronger that was nice, also big brother is back T^T, looking forward to next episode.

Dec 12, 2014 8:30 PM

Nov 2007
What an episode! I was tearing up at the very end.....idk,this anime makes me so emotional XD

I pretty much loved everything about this ep. but especially the "moment" Kagami and Chutaro had. I am somehow very fond of Kagami and i hope Chutaro adopts/marries him after this whole shizz is over:'D (plz don't die any of you...)

Takamine is ok and Takeda is happy......so am i (about my ship sailing).

I can't believe it's already the last ep.next week:(
Dec 12, 2014 10:40 PM

Aug 2014
I wanted Tenka ded. ;—;
Dec 13, 2014 12:03 AM

Apr 2014
Loved the ep a really great lead up to the finale.

I'm glad that Nishiki choose the good side.
The part with Chutaro and Kagami was great. I think they did a great job with Kagami.
Tenka showing up to save Chutaro.

Can't wait for the next ep. Hope it's good.

Dec 13, 2014 12:28 AM
Jul 2018
Awesome build up, every episode is better than the one before it! Botan and Nishiki vs Shirasu I can't wait to see the outcome of the that.

Fuma vs Yamainu is going to be an awesome fight and best of all Tenka comes to the rescue!!! Tenka is by far my favourite character in this anime.
Dec 13, 2014 3:19 AM

Jan 2013
tsubasalover said:

Silver4000 said:

There's Donten ni Warau Gaiden and Rengoku ni Warau, though, if you want to read more.

Yeah I saw them, even tho I wanted to continue the story of the principal, but I'll read them when I finish the main one.
Thanks.
Dec 13, 2014 6:33 AM

Dec 2013
Good episode.
Dec 13, 2014 9:10 AM

Mar 2012
Amazing animation in the fighting scenes, loved it.
Dec 14, 2014 9:25 AM
Jun 2014
Amazing as always.

The Yamainu squad were just. Wow.
Excellent fighting skills.

Nishiki is such a dear~
I hope she ends up with Soramaru

TENKAAAAAAA<3333333
The last scene held so many feels.
I love that bright, sunny smile of his.
He's the onii-chan we all want cx

I'm sad the last ep is next, but I anticipate it! ;w;
Dec 14, 2014 1:34 PM

Oct 2009
There are many plot holes in the story this far, but I stayed for the half-chick Nishiki.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Dec 14, 2014 8:36 PM

Oct 2011
OMG please be a happy end next week T__T

Everyone smiling and laughing under the clouds

PLEASE!!!!!

Don't want a tearjerking sad ending TwT
Dec 14, 2014 11:25 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode again :)
Tenka is back and Nishiki back to the good side.
Dec 15, 2014 10:39 AM

Dec 2012
A very good episode.
Soramaru is totaly possessed by Orichi, Chuutarou regains his thoughts and Tenka come back.

This anime pretty good, I'm really to watched it. The end will be splendid.
Dec 16, 2014 7:49 AM

Oct 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Quite a lot of shit going on XD Awesome shit :3 Animation and OST was really great this ep too.

Glad that Nishiki was able to overcome her hesitation and do something even if it meant betraying the Fuma :D Props to her trying to save her husbando

Loved the end with Tenka appearing. Man was his smile as bright as the sun alright ^^

the ending was very beautifully done. tenny!!!!
Dec 16, 2014 7:13 PM

Jul 2014
Damn it Tenka, you're too awesome! XD

Good thing I just put this on-hold instead of dropping. I wouldn't want to miss such good story.
Dec 17, 2014 7:33 PM

Jun 2011
the female leads Botan and Nishiki are so useful and cool compared to other female leads from other anime.

OMG 1 episode left T__T
Dec 18, 2014 1:57 AM

May 2013
MrsKiryuin said:
I really don't want this to end ): There's so much more room for the characters to grow...
The world shall know the truth soon.
Dec 21, 2014 5:00 AM

May 2010
Gotta love Nishiki there. Why did Fuma people not chase her tho? I didn't get it.

Fav moments = When Chutarou persuaded Kagami. When Ten-nii showed up.

Great episode, I must say.
Dec 21, 2014 10:28 PM

Jul 2013
I was glad that Chutaro gave up on the revenge thing and he was so happy that Tenka was alive still.

Sora splitting the sea in half was nice.

good ep
Jan 14, 2015 11:56 AM

May 2012
Well that's that... I do wonder what the last episode will offer though.
Jan 24, 2015 11:04 AM

Jan 2013
Sort of wished they went for the "Tenka faking his own death route" since its shown that he had foresight into this disease of sorts, and he also had knowledge that the Kumoh clan was specifically targeted for the Orochi. Would of been a cool moment, much more cool then him being saved by the One-Handed-Man. Although it sort of works out because the same thing happened with their ancestors.
I'm really satisfied that Nishiki staying with the Kumoh. At least someone from the Fuma doesn't betray them...Shirashuuuu!!!
Jan 5, 2016 2:34 AM

Jun 2011
Nothing short of impressive. I was awed.

First of all, the Yamainu, aren't they a little bit too badass? Man I love them. They are so strong yet they are still working under someone else and never gave in to their own greed. I really like that part of each of them. I would have loved to see each of their backstory, especially the Ashiya's and the chinese shorty.

Then we have the scene with Kagami, oh my, I've always liked his character, always felt that the reason for him living is way too tragic, and that it wasn't his fault that he is who he is today. He's trying to fill the void inside his heart by giving himself a false purpose to his life, yet I have always felt that once he accomplished his goal, he will realize that his entire life was meaningless. The time he spent with Chuutarou gave me hope that Chuutarou will someday heal his heart. Please don't abandon him, Chuutarou.

Next we have Nishiki, you don't know how much I ship Nishiki x Soramaru, I've always like that sort of relationship, where the guy gives the girl a purpose to live her own life (or vice versa) and it progresses into a romantic relationship. I can see a huge death flag on her though, now that she's up against the Fuma.

Speaking of death flag, there's a huge one on Tenka too. I feel that he'll pass away after saving Soramaru by the next episode, and with his death, it allows a lot of things to move forward again, especially on Soramaru's part where he got to grow up and actually be the man of the family, and Chuutarou will fill in the role of Soramaru at the beginning of the show and try to be independent.

The ending of this episode, it was done perfectly, Tenka came back to settle the affair among themselves brothers. It was fitting because the entire series thus far has been about the Kumoh brothers.

Onto the last episode, we go!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 5, 2016 1:05 PM

Feb 2014
So intensssssse :OOOO

Only one episode to go! This anime has been so good and I can't wait to see how it ends! I hope it's a happy ending
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2021 12:02 PM

Jul 2015
Seems like the sunshine *cough* Tenka *cough* is back into Soramaru and Chutaro's life. Good to see Nishiki having chosen the Kumoh instead of the Fuma clan, real waifu there. I hope she ends up with Soramaru at the end of this ordeal.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Donten ni Warau Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2014

73 by LeonhartAugust »»
Nov 1, 2023 7:33 PM

Poll: » Donten ni Warau Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2014

52 by OberonFelsach »»
Sep 12, 2023 6:00 AM

Poll: » Donten ni Warau Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2014

100 by WatcherFPS »»
May 2, 2023 12:47 AM

» Is it worth watching?

Deskachan - Dec 16, 2014

12 by Barry_Allen_14 »»
Feb 9, 2022 12:47 AM

Poll: » Donten ni Warau Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2014

87 by Unkrowned »»
Jul 1, 2021 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.