Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 2, 2014 4:39 AM

Mar 2012
Welcome to Fantasy One Piece, if you know what Fantasy Sports are, you'll love this. Rooting for your favorite characters just got interesting.

This has never been done before, or at least nothing I've ever seen. So I'm going to attempt something brilliant. For the Sport lovers that love bragging about specific players on specific teams, I am going to use the same logic from Fantasy Sports and convert it to a Long-Running Manga series.

For a League to work, we need players. But, since this is one of the largest Forums in Anime/Manga, I thought the entire Forum could join.

REMINDER, THIS LEAGUE WILL FOLLOW THE LATEST CHAPTERS OF ONE PIECE, PLEASE MIND THE SPOILERS.

================================================

The Rules are thus.

- A user will own and post 6 characters from the manga series, picked out of a chosen roster each week that compliments the current Story Arc. (Pick a character that you know will appear, and be badass in the next chapter of One Piece.)

- A Character from the series can be owned by more than 1 User.

- Each user can change their lineup of characters every week. You will have 36 hours to pick out your lineup after each release of the weekly chapter.

- There can be trades of characters from user to user before spoilers to that chapter get leaked on the internet.

- Each character in a chapter guarantees points for the owner of that character in a single chapter.

- The User with the most points by the end of each season wins the League and becomes Champion. The Champion becomes League Manager for the following season.

- The League Manager has the power to disqualify users from the Leaderboard if a valid reason occurs. The League Manager oversees collusion between users. The League Manager posts the points to the playing users after every chapter, using the scoring rules.

- Do not use spoilers freely on this thread, be discreet, or use spoiler tags.

Scoring Rules:

+ 50 Points: A Character joins The Straw Hat Crew.
+ 30 Points: A Character reveals his/her Unknown and New Devil Fruit.
+ 25 Points: A Character mentions: The King of the Pirates, One Piece, Gold Roger, The Void Century, The Will of D.
+ 20 Points: A Character Kills another Character.
+ 15 Points: A Character uses Haoshoku Haki
+ 10 Points: A Character faints another Character
+ 7 Points: A Character lands a critical hit on another Character.
+ 6 Points: A Character saves another character's life.
+ 5 Points: A Character lands a mundane hit on another Character. (Can be jokingly)
+ 5 Points: A Character defends or dodges against another Character's attack.
+ 4 Points: A Character uses Busoshoku Haki in an obvious attack, or defense.
+ 3 Points: A Character uses his/her Devil Fruit.
+ 3 Points: A Character appears in the front cover of the weekly chapter.
+ 3 Points: A Character appears in a color spread.
+ 3 Points: A Character name appears in the Title of the weekly chapter.
+ 1 Point: A Character appears in a single panel of the One Piece weekly chapter. (Every Panel in the chapter earns that Character 1 separate Point)
- 7 Points: A Character takes a critical hit from another Character.
- 5 Points: A Character takes a mundane hit from another Character. (Can be jokingly)
- 10 Points: A Character Faints.
- 20 Points: A Character Dies.
= Attacks during a flashback do not count, unless the flashback is fresh.

I'm hoping this will generate enough interest to have some real competition.

Anyways, the Roster to the current Season is based on the current One Piece Story Arc following the Manga, and that is the Dressrosa arc. Pick whomever you want in the story, but know that VIP characters will earn you more points because of how often they appear in the chapters.

Just to show you how this will work, let me test the first two pages of last week's chapter of One Piece against the Current Point System:
--------------------------------------------------
13 = Trafalgar Law
3 = Bellamy
3 = Jinbe
2 = Trebol
-5 = Donquixote Doflamingo

As you can see, just from the first two pages of last week's chapter, Trafalgar Law is already the most Badass. 3 Points for being in 3 panels, 3 points for using his Devil Fruit, and 7 Points for landing a critical hit on Doflamingo.
As you can also see, Doflamingo is the least badass in the first two pages because he lost 7 points from taking a critical hit from Law, but appeared in 2 panels.

If you had both Law and Doflamingo on your team than you would be at 8 points because they're fighting each other, it would still generate you points, but your characters would be conflicting, thus making your points suffer the consequences.
--------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions as to how this will work please let me know. The rules are subject to testing and can change if deemed necessary.

The year is split up into four, thirteen week seasons. This is counting the 52 issues of Shonen Jump. For every 13 chapters of One Piece, the season ends and a Champion is announced, based on your overall points summed from all 13 weeks.

===============================================================
Issue #1 @ One Piece Chapter 769

84 Points = Donquixote Doflamingo
41 Points = Trafalgar Law
34 Points = Bellamy
28 Points = Monkey D. Luffy
11 Points = Trebol
03 Points = Jinbe
01 Points = Diamante

The VIP's of this chapter were clearly Doflamingo and Law, so if you had both of those characters in your lineup, you would have 125 points easy. It was an easy chapter to calculate, because most of the chapter was specific to those two characters. But Luffy and Bellamy earned some points as well for participating on the side.

My Lineup for Chapter 770 of One Piece:

Monkey D. Luffy
Donquixote Doflamingo
Trafalgar Law
Bellamy
Roronoa Zoro
Trebol

Issue #3 @ One Piece Chapter 770

27 Points = Pica
26 Points = Roronoa Zoro
23 Points = Bellamy
18 Points = Machvise
16 Points = Orlumbus
12 Points = Ideo
12 Points = Hajrudin
07 Points = Sai
04 Points = Baby 5
03 Points = Jinbe
00 Points = Monkey D. Luffy
-05 Points = Dellinger

Wow. Luffy, you did horrible. This is what happens when you try to predict the VIPs on your starting lineup. Because I had Luffy, Doflamingo, Law, Bellamy, Trebol and Zoro I'll only get points from them. But I didn't know Machvise or Orlumbus would be VIPs this week.

So my score will stand at 49 points.

Everyone can pick their starting lineup starting now.

My Lineup for Chapter 771 of One Piece

[ 49 POINTS ]
[b]Monkey D. Luffy
Bellamy
Roronoa Zoro
Pica
Trebol
Ideo[b]
ZorociaDec 12, 2014 1:53 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Which is your favorite one piece movie?

Paituwin - Sep 1, 2021

9 by ToG25thBaam »»
May 18, 7:56 AM

» The gradually-increasing amount of fan-service in One Piece....thoughts on it?

KaiZodd - Dec 6, 2011

12 by philippeb »»
May 9, 3:00 PM

» Who are your favorite characters? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

gmgkng - Mar 19, 2010

282 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Oct 7, 2023 3:36 PM

Sticky: » New nakama? Introduce yourself! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Alipio - Mar 3, 2010

652 by Kai_Dou »»
Jul 25, 2023 8:35 AM

» ★ Random Image Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

la_tigra - Mar 13, 2010

355 by Kwaxiiiii »»
Jan 17, 2022 10:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.