Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Nov 21, 2009 12:05 PM

Sep 2008
I found this episode very optimistic.

Needs moar Bern :x
Dec 13, 2009 8:38 PM

Apr 2009
Getting more and yet more confusing.
More flashbacks that I haven't even seen.
Hmm. Mammon x Ange makes a perfect pair. <3

"Free Falcon Punch for Everybody!"|Nani?|MCC Badge|
Dec 17, 2009 5:59 AM
May 2008
This series has taken an incredibly odd turn, compared to how it started.

One half it's a murder mystery "Who dun-it," to a "Fuck tha, lets battle witches at a chess match!"
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 2, 2010 9:05 PM

Aug 2009
Oh my. Everything is making sense now. Well, kind of. So, this Lambada witch was trying to make a deal with Ange so that it would be an never ending game. Oh my, I wonder what answer will Ange give.

Plus, I feel really bad for Maria. Also, I didn't know Rosa's job is being a slut. Also, I got confused. So Maria is also a witch, and so is Ange? So, is everyone from Ushiromiya a witch? Aaa so confusing.

I wonder what's going to happen in this game that they are playing. I'm starting to think that witches exist because how the fuck were they in this imaginary tea party world in the first place?
Jan 4, 2010 10:55 PM

Jul 2008
Not bad I guess, for my expectations of this anyway, but I was hoping for a more GAR!Lambda (and the stakes, but I can understand why they cut that down).
Feb 4, 2010 2:11 AM

Sep 2008
Well, that was...interesting, I guess. It's slowly starting to make more sense.
Feb 8, 2010 10:31 PM

Aug 2008
I knew that was Beatrice's handwriting in those bottles!
May 9, 2010 2:18 AM
Feb 2009
so shes definitely only getting used
May 10, 2010 4:41 PM

Nov 2009
Maria's a very powerful witch!!! thats amazing haha omg Sakutaro is SOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo cute!!! X3 hmm speakin of cute... i wonder when Kanon will come in... and when will they get back to the story!!! lol the best part was where she summoned the sisters and shes like "Ur the 1 holding him the tightest" XD . . . wow its so sad that shes fighting 4 something she cant get... i hope she finds a way around it X3
Jul 6, 2010 9:01 AM

Dec 2009
Maria's a witch :o ! That still doesn't really explain why Beatrice killed her >_> ...
Aug 9, 2010 11:03 AM

Apr 2010
Hm well..things are getting tough for Ange now.
I feel bad for her. But honestly, I want Kanon to have some decent screentime...
Maria isn't half bad, she stopped saying "uuuu" often.

Lambda wants to Ange make this game eternal? I doubt she'd be able to do anything like letting it go 'tie' forever. Battler will be suffering right? He doesn't even recognize her..
Oct 14, 2010 2:01 PM

Jan 2008
Hm...was Virgilia already "Virgilia" at the time of the "magic contract" that gave Sakutaro a human form? I mean...that was way before the Rokkenjima Incident and it seemed like Virgilia only thought up the name when she met Battler...
So why did she sign with "Warugiria" already?
I think that's an inconsistency if not even a mistake, isn't it?

And it also looked like Maria got the little crown on her head from Beatrice when she got the witch's outfit.
Besides, the episode seemed a bit jumbled up...everything was shortened so much that you never knew in which Fragment/time you were in. If I hadn't read the Episode of the VN, I'd probably have been terribly confused...
I love Lambda's voice for some reason though :3

Dec 9, 2010 2:03 PM

Jul 2009
Fairly boring episode. It just serves to show how ironic it is that Battler refuses to believe in witches when everyone around him is either a witch or believes in the occult. I especially found it a little ridiculous that Ange trained to be a witch.
Zell182Dec 9, 2010 2:16 PM
Jan 29, 2012 3:09 AM

Sep 2011
This episode wasn't as good as the others but it was alright. I've seen worst. xD
Oct 19, 2012 11:19 PM

Feb 2012
Woah! this much information again. well can't help it.

It's weird that Maria can be happy that her mom is always in work and not home playing with her and taking care of. This was maybe the first time in the series that Rosa didn't slapped Maria when she saw that letter.

Also because Beatrice and Virgilia made that agreement that toy bear changed to something else like human form kid or something like that. And because of that Maria got herself title Origin of Witch and new costume.

Nice to know that Ange was going on training with Maria's help to become witch. I was really amazed that Maria was witch also and could easily call sisters if she wanted.

So there is group named Witch Hunt that is interested in finding out who witches are and how did everything happen in Rokkunjima.

Really good Information was gave those bottle and it was strange that handwriting was Maria's wasn't Beatrice made that deal she must somehow modified that agreement they made together.

So this episode proves that you really cant trust witches at all. I guess Bernkastel isn't Battlers and Ange's ally because she didn't tell Ange that she cannot see Battler again if Battler wins the game. So now she just have one task to do. Let the Beatrice win the game. This Lambda witch seems interesting.

Let's see if Ange is going to accept this deal or not.
Apr 13, 2013 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
This episode is quite optimistic.
Oct 27, 2013 9:38 PM

Nov 2012
Now I'm confused again. What is going on now?
Jan 31, 2019 10:20 AM

Jul 2014
The thing with Sakutaro becoming alive felt weird, even for this show.
Jul 5, 2022 10:48 PM
May 2022
Ange's past and training is explored more, with Maria's abilities and appointment as apprentice witch too. I don't really find this episode fun since I'm not really fond of the magical aspect of this show, but can't avoid it. Sakutaro is very cute, tho.

Also, about Lambda's revelation, if Battler will only come back to 1986, then Ange will also have him in 1998, because then she will grow up with him, right? Or are the timelines completely separated from each other?
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.