Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 30, 2014 8:10 PM

Jul 2013
Questions answered, new questions come up.
Zetsubou will ensue are there's still more stuff to happen.

Also, this author can't be serious with those character names.
Each wikipedia search is a new surprise.
Oct 30, 2014 8:21 PM

Nov 2013
Dat infodump though...

Nice episode. 4/5

Oct 30, 2014 10:34 PM

Jul 2014
Finally Chaika's background story. I saw it coming, but she being a orphan is pretty twisted.

Interesting how the emperor didn't have any daughter, now I am curious about that strange flashback Chaika had like 2 episodes ago when Gaz was being killed.

Also, what is the real goal of Chaikas? Is the emperor coming back once they recover this whole body?

So many doubts...
Oct 30, 2014 10:37 PM

Dec 2007
Nothing really surprising. It was already hinted that the Chaikas were artificial constructs of some sort, and the revelations with Vivi strongly pointed to orphans with implanted memories. That could leave hundreds of potential Chaikas. That much was obvious. That there was never any daughter was slightly interesting, but the one they supposedly killed may have been a test subject or even just a device to set up a Chaika "legend" to further their role.

It's also been strongly indicated that there was a trigger for the Chaika transformation. Based on Vivi and where this appears to be going, I'd most likely say something along the lines of hating the current world order/society. Not unlikely to appear in orphans, and certainly in line with the emperor's supposed grand goal.
Oct 31, 2014 12:03 AM

Oct 2011
Chaika being used to recover the remains OMG

Shocking Truth : 0
Oct 31, 2014 12:51 AM

Oct 2009
If all of the Chaika are normal girls, why the scar on the neck?

kamensentai said:
This somehow reminded me of Morrowind...

It's true, it has the same atmosphere and architecture!
Oct 31, 2014 1:18 AM

Oct 2013
wow. devistating
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Oct 31, 2014 3:28 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Episode interesting, the veil of mystery that has long permeated the story is this fall brings a certain excitement and involvement in the narrative.
The plot increases its charm thanks to utime events.
The drawings are of a more than good while the animations are quite sufficient.
I am very curious to see what will happen in the next episode.
Oct 31, 2014 7:14 AM

Dec 2011
Good episode overall.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 31, 2014 1:20 PM

Dec 2011
So much plot twist revealed this episode! Hell yeah.

I thought that twin tailed girl might just be a body vessel for Gaz to revive himself... I just wonder what is her purpose?

Also, love that we got to see our beloved unicorn again this episode. :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2014 2:28 PM

Mar 2013
So the truth is out now,
and its kinda make sense,
episode felt a bit rush.

Now Im in such a hype to see how
they going to end the season/series.
Oct 31, 2014 8:17 PM

Aug 2012
So.. I wonder what path Chaika will choose now that the truth's out. Avenging Battle? Will she decide to rebel against his "father's" plan?

But damn, that old drunk man was still able to draw something half decent. Sasuga.
Oct 31, 2014 8:27 PM

Mar 2013
Episode makes me wonder if Red Chaika will join Toru's gang.
It's unlikely to happen but we'll never know.
Oct 31, 2014 10:25 PM
Dec 2013
I have a feeling Chaika will give up looking for the remains.

The Chaika's are catalysts to recreate the emperors ideas in a new body, or maybe in plant some form of his conciousness into them, or that miku looking girl. Someone he will try to resurrect himself, and it will either fail, or be he'll be instantly killed again since their are only so many episodes left.

I hope it will end bitsweet, where White Chaika gives her father a funeral and takes on a new name, and lives with/marries Toru, or maybe Red Chaika. either is okay since they both like Toru.

But I also have a feeling someone may die so that can't happen, or when Gaz's remains are given a funeral, all the chaika's will either die via decapitation or just disappear because magic is keeping from them was keeping them alive, or possible turn back into whatever person they we're before and lose their memories of time as Chaika.

Sorry if this all has no structure to it, but I'm just throwing my ideas out there.
Nov 1, 2014 5:42 AM

Dec 2012
Really nice episode. So many questions still left unanswered (can't and don't want to figure them out yet) like why Vivi "turn" into one, the neck wound, the white hair itself and who is that twin tailed loli!

Bit convenient exposition by the kraken, and even more convenient how toru instantly found chaika after walking just a little into that facility... but when a show entertains me this much I'm more than willing to look past these small flaws.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Nov 1, 2014 7:41 AM

Jul 2008
Now this is an interesting episode, not sure did the memory alteration experiment change the girl's appearance and gave them the neck scars as well, I'm a little confused as the heroes said they cut off Chaika's head last time so not sure could that be linked to the scars of all the Chaikas now or it has nothing to do with it?

Now the main mystery is that lifeforms creation and the Emperor's true goals.
Nov 1, 2014 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
Akari doesn't lose a chance ^^
Wtf is that Kraken? I couldn't figured out where his eyes were or anything actually...
Poor Chaika! I'm so sad for her. I really wish our white Chaika was the real one. It's must have been very painful. :(
Nov 1, 2014 12:17 PM

Jan 2013
The mystery behind Chaika.
Now there's no need to watch any more.
Nov 1, 2014 4:15 PM

Jul 2012
:O
Whoa! So, now we know who Chaika is and what she "really is".

Ahh.....I really thought she was the daughter of Emperor Gaz....but....

But! We don't know if that's true or......not.....? o-o
I don't know, I'll wait til later episodes lol.

What I really want to know is how that chick in the pod was. Hmm....
Nov 1, 2014 4:30 PM

Feb 2013
Fredrica... still the best... using wings in human form...

No real surprises otherwise.
Nov 2, 2014 2:21 AM

May 2013
gedata said:
Shocking Truth!

Now how will they get out of this situation i wonder?
Nov 2, 2014 11:40 PM

Dec 2012
I hope the writing will no be messed up just for the sake of advancing the plot & getting to the intense part. Because this episode's writing was not that good.
I like anime.
Nov 3, 2014 7:52 AM

Jan 2011
the fight to be the real Chaika is over, time to release the Miku Chaika^^

i guess those animal ears characters will help them escape and overthrow their masters
Nov 3, 2014 3:34 PM

Jun 2014
This episode was awesome. This is one of the best anime I've seen in a while.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2014 2:45 AM

Jul 2012
So Chaikas are orphaned little girls, interesting.

Great episode!!!
Nov 9, 2014 7:05 AM

May 2010
Man, now that was interesting! So the Chaikas had their memories altered after-all. Makes sense as in Vivi's case, something similar happened. Now I wanna see all of their actual faces without the Chaika facade.
Nov 10, 2014 7:18 PM

Nov 2012
Cool, so the Chaika are basically orphans. Ursula and Kiril were just unnecessary characters.
Nov 12, 2014 7:25 PM

Aug 2013
Awwwn, so they are all fake :(
Ahhh, who cares, you're the real in my heart, white Chaika :)

That plan from the Gaz Empreror was really twisted, gathering little girls to search for his dismembered body. What I don't get is that all the heroes are sure to have beheaded his daughter. Did he really had in fact a daughter, but that scientist believe that she's dead? We also got a loli supreme weapon out of nowhere :O
''Well, I have to tell you that all the Gaz Emperor did was for this loli in the glass. Yep, he was obscessed with little girls.''

Akari still mocking her brother when in a shitty situation. Please, never change nor die.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 12, 2014 8:39 PM

Oct 2013
so what we all new was coming got revealed D:
decent episode was needed
[/quote]
Dec 4, 2014 7:42 PM

Apr 2013
You for real right now? Niva Lada?

As in the best Russian car ever made, just switch the name around?
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Dec 8, 2014 12:17 PM

Nov 2012
that same Chaika harem xD
Dec 14, 2014 12:26 PM

Jun 2014
Great episode!
now I wonder if there's also a dick part of Emperor Gaz
Dec 19, 2014 9:23 AM
Jun 2012
Nice episode, so the monster that is seen in Episode 1 of season 1 was the Kraken who was explaining Chaika's real nature to Layla.
Dec 27, 2014 1:42 AM

Aug 2013
Chaika getting captured is becoming a common thing.
I see.. so they were implanted with magic from way back then.
But still wondering the part about when why and what trigger the transformation though.
So who's the thing that reacted to them ? The real girl that was killed or what ?
She has heterochromia eyes.. nice.
Dec 30, 2014 2:42 PM

May 2012
Interesting development, this is getting quite good! Let's see what's next.
Jan 23, 2015 7:26 PM

Mar 2014
After seeing what happened to Vivi, I'd had a feeling that the Chaikas were all really brainwashed girls. Glad to see we finally got an answer for that mystery.

Those pigtails on the new girl keep reminding me of Hatsune Miku... xD
Aug 13, 2015 10:25 PM

Jul 2013
Ok that was interesting but now that Chaika knows the truth will she continue going after the remains? and damn that Emperor Gaz is really a mysterious dude. I just hope the remaining 6 episodes will be enough to explain everything
Dec 10, 2015 9:37 PM

Mar 2015
Another Shocking Truth!!!!

The twin tail Chaika from lab looks like Hatsune Miku.

Oh My!!!! Ursula is my type <3 She is adorable <3 I sense Cyril X Ursula????

Here's my question. Why there are many Chaikas? To gather remains easily?
Nov 6, 2017 3:28 PM

Sep 2011
It was a good episode, but the "big revelation" didn't come as a surprise at all :D I mean we pretty much knew or could guess all of this since like the first episodes of season 1. Going further, the true agenda of the emperor was probably to be able to revive himself later on, by gathering all his remains. I can't understand how the characters didn't realize this so far, and they'll surely come to regret it later :/
Jun 22, 2023 8:21 AM

Jul 2016
That explains why there are so many Chaikas, but wonder if there's an explanation for the signature eyebrows (and why Vivi who's still undergoing Chaika-fication hasn't gained them yet)
Sep 2, 2023 2:04 PM

Jun 2010
If Chaika and that catgirl can speak the language of the fallen Empire, why didn't they speak it to each other since Chaika's command of whatever language she usually speaks in this show is so poor? Why didn't the magic researcher speak it to the two Chaikas? It's over-committed to Chaika's broken speech gimmick.

The kraken couldn't have met the blue Chaika that long ago, despite his words, since Gaz was killed and the Chaikas created only about five years ago.

I imagine some of the Chaikas failed and died in their quests to recover the remains. The white Chaika finding a grave of one of them seems like it'd be an interesting event, but I suppose it's too late for something like that now she's been outright told the backstory.
Apr 3, 5:56 PM
Aug 2023
Okay so if the Chaikas are not clones (as I had thought), but rather orphans with implanted memories, why do they all look the same? Although some commenters have said their body types are different, which I didn't notice. Okay if it's true the Chaikas are orphans, then why the heck does the red and white Chaikas talk with a broken speech pattern? People say the language they're speaking in is a second language to them, but everybody else from the empire including this researcher servant of the emperor are speaking without broken speech. Lilia Chaika also spoke fluently. Is the red and white Chaika orphans from some third country which has a different language or something?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2014

302 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 11:49 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2014

70 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2014

95 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2014

80 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Hitsugi no Chaika: Avenging Battle Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2014

86 by Garrett_Dark »»
Apr 3, 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.