Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 29, 2014 3:36 AM

Feb 2010
The cool night air caressed Yuu’s cheek, his hair caught in the breeze as he looked down upon the people of Konoha from his perch atop the village.

“Whatever happened to that guy anyway?” came a voice from below, sitting at a table drinking with some ninja.

“What guy?” replied a voice, presumably from one of the ninja.

“That old guy that stole the first hokage’s scroll, you know, the one that could use some sort of wood element ninjutsu.”

“Ah, him…he’s lost it, I guard his cell every now and then, in fact I’m on duty tomorrow.”

“What do you mean he’s ‘lost it’? Like, he’s gone crazy from being confined?”

“Yeah, something like that, he’s constantly in a daze, clapping at nothing or making grunting sounds. Nothing but a crazy old man now, to think, he used to be the pride of Konoha.”

“So, he’s given up the location to the scroll then?”

“Heck no, the ol’ codger is tighter lipped than ever, can’t even speak anymore. Wherever he hid the scroll dies with him, not like there’s much chance of another wood element user being born so soon anyway.”

“Damn, such a shame that someone of his calibre has lost it.”

“Well, he always was a little bit…eccentric.”

Yuu had just listened in on something rather interesting; if anyone knew how to teach Yuu, it was this man, and if he really was too old, then hopefully Yuu could at least find the location of the scroll. All he needed to do was to follow the guard.
JyenhNov 1, 2014 9:59 AM
"I come for all who grow, crawl, and walk. I am the perfect hunter. In the end, I am the victor."

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 29, 2014 12:55 AM

Feb 2010
Yuu followed the guard, his life in the wilderness had molded him into an exemplary tracker, a ninja that could move unseen and unheard while stalking his prey.
At some point the guard entered an elaborate series of tunnels underground, causing Yuu to rely on his nose rather than sight, so that he could keep his presence hidden.

Eventually they had stopped at an impressive looking door, where the ninja Yuu was tailing had a passing conversation with the guard on the previous duty.

"This jobs easy, old codger has long since gone crazy. Doubt he could even mold his chakra anymore."

"Be that as it may, the Hokage thinks it wise that he still be kept under lock and key, even at his age."

The guard that had just gotten off duty scoffed, and started to make her way towards Yuu's location to exit the complex, but before she reached it, Yuu had long since been gone, having melted into the earthen floor, bypassing the doors security. (102-5=97cp)

In the room was an old man, a great white beard heaving with the legend's body, as it rose and fell, a clap resounding whenever the old ninja completed a push up. Despite his age, the old man was much more muscular than Yuu, and seemed to perform his push-ups with ease, as Yuu watched from the shadows he had merged with.

"Youngster, just so you know, you tripped a barrier jutsu coming in here, you better make yourself scarce." the senile ninja said, continuing his workout.

At his recommendation, Yuu leaped onto the ceiling, sticking their with his chakra, along with his cloak sticking to his back, making him near impossible to see, and Yuu's wilderness training making his breath and and slight movements he may use undetectable (cloak of invisibility technique)

The door started to clang, and the old ninja sat down, perching himself against the wall, wrapping himself in a tatter shawl, assuming a dazed expression and clapping aimlessly into the air.
The guard entered the cell, looked around seeing no one, sensing no one, apart from the old prisoner.
"Must've just went off from your antics, you batty old bastard. To think, you used to be the pride of konoha, a ninjutsu master. Now look at what you've been reduced to, a man, begging for gruel and wallowing in his own filth. Pathetic."

With that, the ninja left the room, the large doors locking behind him, as Yuu descended silently from the ceiling by ceasing his chakra flow, dropping to the ground silently, and gracefully.

"So what can I do you for youngster? You're pretty sneaky to have gotten in here...lucky you didn't use ninjutsu to hide either, this place detects the use of ninjutsu and pulls out all your chakra when you try." the strange old man commented.

"Yuu" Yuu pointed to himself, "use wood ninjutsu. Yuu want scroll."

The old man stroked his beard for a while, "While I'm not totally convinced, I will have to test you when we get outside." he said at last.

"Yuu beat guard; steal key?" Yuu inquired.

"oh, no need, I can manage myself." With that, the old man stood up from his sitting position, moved over to his barred cell, and wrenched the bars apart with his raw strength, his muscles bulging with veins as he did so, stepping out of the cage.

"Now, time for this door." Again, the old man gripped the large metal door, wrenching it open just enough for Yuu and himself to get through, the strain evident on his face as he did so.

"H-halt! Get back in your cell!" the guard said, drawing a kunai, as Yuu seemed to suddenly appear in front of him, his cowl shadowing his face, killing intent leeching from his body, as he bared sharply pointed canine teeth at the guard, followed by a tremendous chakra-infused roar, coming deep from Yuu's stomach, causing the guard to lose control of his bodily functions, as he fell to the floor in his own filth. (primal roar x5 97-25=72)

The roar echoed down the series of underground tunnels, setting off chakra alarms everywhere.
Yuu stepped aside as the old ninja-legend approached the guard.

"To think, you used to be a ninja of Konoha. Now look at what you've been reduced to, a crying child, weak of limb and wallowing in his own filth. Pathetic." the old man said, about to walk off, but stopped, turning back to the ninja and smiling genuinely
"Though, I must commend you, you did make a fine gruel."

And with that, the old man cast a jutsu, spiriting both him and Yuu away from the complex.
"I come for all who grow, crawl, and walk. I am the perfect hunter. In the end, I am the victor."

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Character Information

Psynergi - Aug 4, 2014

40 by wolfman2299 »»
Aug 11, 2020 1:42 PM

» Rumble at the Border - The Flowing Steel of the Sand, part 3

Psynergi - Nov 17, 2016

36 by Shadow543 »»
Jun 20, 2017 2:33 AM

» The Twin Demons

baxter09 - Jan 28, 2017

20 by MikuIzumi »»
Feb 22, 2017 11:14 AM

» The road through Konoha - The Flowing Steel of the Sand, Part 2

Psynergi - Jul 30, 2016

25 by Psynergi »»
Nov 17, 2016 12:33 AM

Sticky: » Chakra Points

Psynergi - Aug 5, 2014

31 by Shadow543 »»
Nov 13, 2016 5:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.