Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 25, 2015 1:56 PM
Oct 2014
LuluLamperouge1 said:
So my question is how can this show be so highly rated with such a depressing conclusion?

The fact that you were so attached to fictional characters that their deaths depressed you shows that the anime did its job well.

LuluLamperouge1 said:
Saber was really dull, boring and annoying character with an unexplained populairty behind her

Saber wasn't dull at all. If her character was any different it would be betraying the fact that she was the noble Arturia Pendragon. It's like people's complaints about Inaho from Aldnoah.Zero; just because he isn't the standard shounen "I must win for my friends! Evil is wrong!" boring as shit shounen protagonist doesn't mean that his character was poorly made. Honestly, you just seem like the kind of guy who could jerk it to Naruto.
Jan 26, 2015 7:00 PM

Jun 2014
TBH i don't really care if this show is "overrated" or not. It can be the most overrated or shittiest anime in existence and I'd still love the hell out of it.
La familia es todo.
Jan 27, 2015 7:58 AM

May 2014
TheCheeseEater said:
TBH i don't really care if this show is "overrated" or not. It can be the most overrated or shittiest anime in existence and I'd still love the hell out of it.

The Truth. That a hundred times for every animu/game/thing
Jan 27, 2015 10:49 AM

Aug 2014
BoredOfOppai said:
LuluLamperouge1 said:
So my question is how can this show be so highly rated with such a depressing conclusion?

The fact that you were so attached to fictional characters that their deaths depressed you shows that the anime did its job well.

LuluLamperouge1 said:
Saber was really dull, boring and annoying character with an unexplained populairty behind her

Saber wasn't dull at all. If her character was any different it would be betraying the fact that she was the noble Arturia Pendragon. It's like people's complaints about Inaho from Aldnoah.Zero; just because he isn't the standard shounen "I must win for my friends! Evil is wrong!" boring as shit shounen protagonist doesn't mean that his character was poorly made. Honestly, you just seem like the kind of guy who could jerk it to Naruto.

I like sad endings. This one was just unsatisfying imo.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Feb 1, 2015 6:23 PM

Apr 2014
A tiny bit
Feb 1, 2015 8:23 PM

Dec 2013
Is "overrated" an universal concept?
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Feb 1, 2015 8:26 PM

Sep 2014
Something I don't like with high rating? Overrated. People liked what I don't like? Shit taste. 100% truth
Feb 1, 2015 8:33 PM

Oct 2014
Rin episode was fine. Maybe if people who only watched Zero and don't understand Rin paid attention to it they would understand her.

Shinji has reason to be a psycho, the laugh was bit dumb though.
Feb 6, 2015 8:41 AM

Jul 2007
nocorras said:
Rin episode was fine. Maybe if people who only watched Zero and don't understand Rin paid attention to it they would understand her.

Shinji has reason to be a psycho, the laugh was bit dumb though.

One of many reasons why Zero should not be watched first

For Zero secondaries - Rin episode is "filler"
For the proper order viewers - Rin episode is character development and establishment for one of the most important characters in the franchise.
Feb 6, 2015 8:44 AM

Dec 2012
Maybe the first season.
Feb 28, 2015 8:01 PM
Dec 2013
no its one of the best anime ever

Mar 20, 2015 6:57 PM
May 2014
Journey_95 said:
no its one of the best anime ever

Mar 20, 2015 7:01 PM
May 2014
But Zero has several unnecessary things too, though. I'll grant the slice of life in F/SN was annoying at times, but at other times it's necessary to build character relations and it's not quite enough in quantity to "ruin" the game. If you say they should all be removed, Rin's completely unnecessary episodes could have been done away with, and so could scenes like Kiritsugu and Illya playing around, Waver chatting with that old couple, Iskandar and Waver up to nonsense like shirt shopping, etc.

-Rin episode was to establish her for FSN

-Kirutsugu and Illya playing around was important to know more about Kiritsugu (Shown in Saber and Irisviel that were talking about why he looks so cheerful with his daughter and everything), it was crucial to his character

-Waver chatting with the old couple was crucial to his character development, like Rin and Shiro SoL were important for their relationship, that was important for his development as a character

-Most of the times, it was character development that happened but it was also to reinforced the bond between the two since it was crucial in the future(Their bond)

They were far from useless scenes, they were important for the characters and their development. All of your examples until now were invalid.

@Insertanamehere
Jul 6, 2015 12:37 AM

Jun 2015
I don't think this show is overrated. It give an awesome fantasy supranatural fighting action with great story. I will give this show 10/10. Even though it just my opinion
Jul 12, 2015 12:30 PM

Jan 2015
Fate zero is awesome, and a masterpiece, on the other hand fsn UBW is boring, overrated and a total garbage, dont watch that, i hope im not late yet.
Jul 14, 2015 12:54 PM

Nov 2014
SkullProX said:
Fate zero is awesome, and a masterpiece, on the other hand fsn UBW is boring, overrated and a total garbage, dont watch that, i hope im not late yet.

Watch Heavens Feel its Gilgamesh route .
Jul 15, 2015 12:23 PM

Jan 2015
royaldocks said:
SkullProX said:

Yassssssss :3 Thanks :)
Jul 15, 2015 12:27 PM

Mar 2013
SkullProX said:
royaldocks said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Well, it does have Gilgamesh in it, that I cannot deny.
Jul 15, 2015 1:03 PM

Nov 2014
fst said:
SkullProX said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ayyy
Jul 16, 2015 3:55 AM

Jan 2015
royaldocks said:
fst said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ayyy

Well i just checked, he is not even a main character... xD
Jul 20, 2015 6:39 PM

Mar 2009
[spoilers]
Overrated as fk. A lot of annoying things including main character. He and his "justice". Killing a friend who helped him in past. He always choose the easiets way like a coward. Eposode by episode I started liking Kirei Kotomine more than Kiritsugu Emiya what is kinda ridiculous. Irisviel was also damn annoying. Like she agrees to every evil thing Kiritsugu is doing.
It was also unpleasant to watch because it was obvious that rider would lose, that was just matter of time. Whole anime was predictable.
Also Kiritsugi's bodyguard girl, can't remember name. She would do everything to him. Cool. Can we also know WHY??? Just because? No, I don;t like and accept that.

There are a lot of animes much better than this one including dark "justice characters", like Death Note.

It would be cool, really cool if Knight and Irisviel didn't agree to every thing.
They also ruined Kariya Matou who was a really interesting character. And not because he died. It's because like he was totaly useless in this anime. He just made an amazing appearance with black knight and that's all.

Only positive things were good vibrations, good atmoshpere and rider.
CypekJul 20, 2015 6:53 PM
Jul 28, 2015 9:01 AM

Aug 2014
no, it is not overrated
Jul 30, 2015 7:06 AM

May 2014
Your judgments are justified. It IS over rated.
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.
Jul 30, 2015 7:08 AM

Apr 2013
I agree, it's overrated.
Aug 3, 2015 9:02 PM

May 2012
Everything I don't like is overrated -MAL
Aug 4, 2015 2:49 AM

May 2014
KamiCity said:
Everything I don't like is overrated -MAL

Well I like it, but not to the point that I could rate it as 9 or 10.
"I'm just your typical human being who commit sins just like you. But the difference is that I never lied and tell anyone that what I did was right. I regret and ask for forgiveness from Him."

Why is my signature not anime-related? It's because who gives a fuck? Anyway I'd like to advertise to you this:

SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN IS FOLLOWING A SIMPLE FLOW OF THE STORYLINE. AND IT GETS REPETETIVE IF YOU VIEW IT ON ITS BIGGER PICTURE. WITH A LITTLE PLOT TWIST AND NEW IDEAS, YOU FORGOT THAT IT HAD ALREADY HAPPENED BEFORE.

Also, Tokyo Ghoul is AWESOME. Especially :re.
Aug 6, 2015 6:03 AM

Jun 2014
if perfection can be Overrated then yes it is
Aug 27, 2016 8:29 PM

Mar 2015
It's definitely overrated. When you see the mass gushing about it, crying and laughing at everything, preferring fight scenes over anything else, and rating it a perfect score every time... it's gross.
Nov 2, 2019 7:25 AM
Apr 2019
nope,I think Fate Zero is "Great". Story animation characters everything is perfect.
Jun 10, 2020 9:19 PM

Aug 2014
THe only thing I hated about Zero, and its a huge thing, its how many characters were killed in "rookie" fashion

The assasins, even though it was planned, i just didnt like how they were killed by Rider. I felt like the Assasins deserved more of a role.

I hated how Rin's father and Kirei's father just got killed off so cheaply. Like I would have expected more.

And I also didnt like how Lancer's master got also killed off very cheaply.

Like for an anime that deals with battle strategies, I would have expected more of these characters to cover their behinds.
oooo3333Aug 9, 2020 7:40 AM
Jun 13, 2020 9:02 AM

Oct 2017
No, if anything its underrated compared to other popular anime because its not cliche and tropey.

Jun 13, 2020 9:04 AM

Oct 2017
ooo333 said:
THe only thing I hated about Zero, and its a huge thing, its how many characters were killed in "rookie" fashion

The assasins, even though it was planned, i just didnt like how they were killed by Rider. I felt like the Assasins deserved more of a role.

I hated how Rin's father and Kirei's father just got killed off so cheaply. Like I would have expected more.

And I also didnt like how Archer's master got also killed off very cheaply.

Like for an anime that deals with battle strategies, I would have expected more of these characters to cover their behinds.

Fair points but I think its to show that not everyone can have some epic ending. In a war like this where lots of people are trying to kill each other, some are backstabbed and don't see it coming.

Like Tokiomi definitely never expected Kirei to suddenly betray him. I agree that they could have been used more though
Jul 15, 2020 2:03 AM

Nov 2013
I will never understand why people say that this series was a "tragedy" or had a "depressing conclusion". The best priest Kotomine Kirei clearly had a happy ending. How could the ending possibly be happier than that?
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 8, 2021 1:34 AM

May 2020
Hell nah, this anime is the best of the best. The writing, characters, and story are freaking amazing.
Jan 30, 2021 10:09 PM

Jun 2020
This happens when you begin with Fate zero.
Jan 30, 2021 10:24 PM

Aug 2020
An ending shouldn't be judged by how it satisfied you (although it should be noted that it is important) but by how natural it felt or how it fit into what the show was showing so in that respect I think the ending was good also seeing wavers ending and also kiritsugu's ending while also fading into Shirous was a pretty (albeit sad) happy ending (depends on which route you take in fate stay night though)
Jun 20, 2021 11:40 PM
Jul 2020
The tragedy aspect makes perfect sense for this series, I mean come on it is a fight to the death between mages. For me personally though I just think it is overrated compared to the other series in the franchise, the other I find more enjoyable and only trudged my way through this unenjoyable(IMO) series. I personally found that there was almost no character I really liked unlike with the other series.
Jun 21, 2021 2:37 AM
Mar 2020
Although the ending is depressing I think that it is underrated in anime community instead of being overrated like I love how kiritsugu's own ideals betray to him and the happiness in his eyes when saves a life from that fire.
Aug 12, 2021 8:48 PM
Aug 2021
Just another Farce?

I made a big mistake.... and that of course was learning about story telling. I wanted to work on my very own series which led me to learning about what it is that contributes to a good story and what to avoid. And unfortunately its only ruined so many series for me as its become a lot easier to spot lazy writing, cliches and bad tropes/ tropes used poorly, which brings me to Fate zero season 2.

Now I do want to preface this with saying that I am new to the fate series and have only watched the 4th holy grail war anime (season 1 and 2). I definitely see the appeal in this series, I can tell why people enjoy it. It is a very intriguing concept I must admit which makes it an even greater shame that this season and the end of the 4th grail war was so bad.

I want to be frank and say that I actually really enjoyed season 1 and was excited to see how things would pan out in season 2, but to my dismay season 2 is when it started to decline. It became very apparent how lazy the writing was. I think perhaps that this holy grail war was a very bad introduction to the series (I know its not the beginning of the series but its what was recommended to me).

For a start, I think they handled the seven different sides poorly. I think it would have been entirely better if there were actually seven different sides, all plotting against each other, forming alliances, back stabbing each other and fighting for the grail with big plot twists (Again don't know if the first three grail wars were like this, in which case ignore this point). Instead we got two sides, Kiritsuga vs the church who basically had 3 servants on their side. And then Lancer, Rider and Caster were all thrown in the bin in season 2 and there was actually no reason what so ever for them being in the 4th grail war. Caster was uninterested in the grail which is the first sign of lazy writing - "lets make one servant just a villain to show case other servants power" Its not a bad choice if its handled correctly but lets face it, caster and his master were just sidemen in the story. Then there was Lancer who needless to say was just cast aside because the author spent too much time hyping up the characters in season one and didn't establish any substance behind some form of power hierarchy. Lancer did jack all apart from suppressing saber (again lazy ass writing, using a character for no reason whatsoever aside from preventing another from using theirs) and his end was a tragedy ... it was tragic how they got rid of him, no one cares about his forgiveness that is. Then there's rider.. the absolute disrespect is real.. they stripped him of his chariot and his noble phantasm and rendered him absolutely useless. There was no need to make him the most likeable character only to disregard him like he was a toe-nail clipping. If you pay attention to the deaths of each servant you will realize how poor the writing was and how there was no real establishment of how strong each character really was.

Then there's the Homunculus.. What in the world was that? None of it was explained properly and had to do some digging up to understand the situation. There was no consistency or any sense in the lore of this season. Its also a big waste of time. The greater grail can only be summoned by killing all 7 servants, meaning it could never actually be used because a servant is required to hold the grail. What that effectively means is that the grail would basically be a lesser grail every single time. it would be corrupted and useless so is there really a point to the grail war?

The truth is I could go on forever about how this season cuts corners and no one gives a damn about any of it but they are my main two beefs with the season. The fact that they spent the entire first season building these characters up and making them likeable, only for the characters to then be tossed aside like we actually care about kiritsugu and his half-assed sob story. And the fact that there is barely any lore established or any sense of whats actually going on.

The last 5 minutes of the final episode summaries the 4th holy grail war. Its always concerning when an anime ends with one of the characters saying that this all turned out to be a farce. Not my words.. even gilgamesh is tired of this nonsense, which on another note wtf was his noble phantasm??? Again the story is terrible at establishing power and the limits of characters strengths but as far as I am concerned gilgamesh is ridiculously overpowered ... goku can spirit bomb a planet , well gilgamesh can just anti-universe a planet out of existence - if thats not broken I dont know what is.

honorable mention - nah there is none, berserker was built up only to get treated like trash aswell lmfao, that was the only actual end to a servant vs servant battle and it was weak af, the lazy writing even meant gilgamesh didnt fight arturia .

If you liked this anime thats good for you, I am not here to take that away from you, but please dont pretend that this anime is good - you just like the concept of servants and the grail wars and you think the characters are likable. The idea behind the series is beautiful and even I agree with that, however the 4th grail war and the characters behind it are an embarrassment to the show..

Sgt Beans Signing out
Aug 21, 2021 11:51 PM

Jun 2020
Fate/Zero was meant to be seen after watching all of fate (stay night, UBW, Heaven's feel)

Just because it is depressing doesn't mean it is bad. I personally think that the ending was amazing and mature/down to earth instead of a shitty happy ending. This is the fate series, full of tragic, imperfect people, trying to achieve the impossible. If you think the ending is bad then you are missing the whole point of Fate/Zero.

The whole 'holy-grail-corrupted' thing won't make sense if you haven't seen heaven's feel, you know.
HUNTER X HUNTER HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!
Aug 24, 2021 10:03 PM
Dec 2016
Since you are watching a prequel most of the "future" has already happened. It was already written in stone that there would be massive destruction and that he would find a child in the rubble who he would bring up which would become the hero of the next 3 fate series.
The ending could not stray too far from that conclusion.

It is better not to watch this series first. This is good to watch after watching 1-3 of the fate paths, then be completely impressed by what a badass this guy was. This series also contains spoilers for the later fate series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KiraYoshikage - Apr 7, 2012

529 by CondeSebastian »»
May 23, 3:10 AM

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

14 by Spoopy69 »»
May 17, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

589 by frieren2024 »»
Apr 26, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2012

1325 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.