Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Nov 15, 2009 4:36 PM

Apr 2009
I suppose I am one of those people who hasn't read the VN.
Thus, confusion.
Nov 26, 2009 6:15 AM

Jul 2007
What a fucked up turn of events.. AGAIN!
Dec 1, 2009 4:19 AM

Jul 2008
I guess this was a little better than recent episodes. I was getting so pissed off because I felt the anime was moving in a complete shift from what it was. The last few episodes were really annoying the hell outta me.
Dec 8, 2009 6:55 PM

Feb 2008
Anyone else bleed from the brain from this ep or is it just me?
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Dec 13, 2009 7:36 PM

Apr 2009
I'm pretty confused about the lie thing and all.
ANGE! Nice Jump~

"Free Falcon Punch for Everybody!"|Nani?|MCC Badge|
Dec 16, 2009 9:05 PM
May 2008
Benj-san said:
Anyone else bleed from the brain from this ep or is it just me?

Seriously, but I guess it's still manageable without previous knowledge of the VN. It's just convoluted as all hell.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jan 2, 2010 8:00 PM

Aug 2009
Holy motherfucking shit. This has got to be the best fucking episode of Umineko as of yet. That freaking Beatrice sure fooled me, just like what happened to Battler. Oh my, I'm speechless. It was all a fucking act. Beatrice and Virgilia were allies all along, that and they were trying to win against Battler, oh my

I thought at first that that Golden land was real, but the way Beatrice and Virgilia forced Battler to sign got me suspicious. Oh my, oh my.

Plus, who is this Ange Ushiromiya? Piece that Bernskastel sent? Okay, kinda got me confused over there. Ange's family was locked up in that scene 12 years ago? Oh my, so fucking good. I'm speechless. Things are getting freaking hot man!

Last thing, Battler's magic resistance level is over 9,000, LMFAO. That made my day.
Jan 29, 2010 2:04 AM

Jul 2009
Holy crap! I really have believed that Beato not such bad (
Now I completely don't understand what's going on! But this arc is pretty interesting)
Feb 1, 2010 12:30 AM

Jun 2009
Thx god,,,My Beatrice had came back....

yakyuu-addict said:
I guess this was a little better than recent episodes. I was getting so pissed off because I felt the anime was moving in a complete shift from what it was. The last few episodes were really annoying the hell outta me.

^this,,,
let Battler suffer....
Feb 1, 2010 5:02 AM

Jun 2007
Looks like someone learned to be a temporary tsundere...lol..

Plot premise is getting weird..
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Feb 4, 2010 12:19 AM

Sep 2008
...I officially have no idea what the hell is going on anymore o__o;
I guess this teaches me to not trust Beatrice anymore. :/
Feb 8, 2010 7:26 AM

Aug 2008
oh yes evil Beatrice is back! :D

eh I don't understand minor details here and there but I'm thoroughly enjoying this series.
Feb 24, 2010 10:23 PM

Aug 2007
What the...fuck... O.O Ouch very confusing.

Feb 27, 2010 7:48 AM

May 2009
YEEAAH, BEATRICE IS BACK!!!!

This has saved my day!!

If Beato had become a good girl, I really would have dropped the series, seriously^^
Mar 6, 2010 12:54 AM

Jun 2009
MikeOnHighway61 said:

This has saved my day!!

If Beato had become a good girl, I really would have dropped the series, seriously^^

Then you're gonna LOVE Season 2.

Moetrice is mai waifu.
Mar 6, 2010 5:19 AM

May 2009
Dethbryte said:
MikeOnHighway61 said:

This has saved my day!!

Then you're gonna LOVE Season 2.

Moetrice is mai waifu.

Please, no irony here...-.-

And: As if they'd ever produce a second season, everybody hates the umineko anime, God knows why^^
Mar 6, 2010 5:26 AM

Oct 2008
2chan Rumours:
Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru, DEEN and Chiaki Kon, 26 episodes. 2011-projected.
I hope they are right, because there's also a rumored Vinland saga anime adaptation.
Mar 22, 2010 11:47 AM

Aug 2008
hell yeah, Beatrice is a genius, all of that was just her genious plan. and creepy laugh is back.

fight with Ange; Battler's sister - Bernkastel's piece with Beatrice would be interesting!
and as Bern said they're incarcerated in that time ( it reminds me of worlds in Higurashi)
May 9, 2010 12:50 AM
Feb 2009
w0w definitely saw this crap going to happen sooner or later
May 10, 2010 3:31 PM

Nov 2009
YAY its Battlers sister!!! omg i thought Beatrice was getting good but NO it was all a trick =P she is SO gonna get it haha!!! eeee i cant wait!!! i hope she can win and bring every1 back to life!!! X3 WOOHOO!!! aww that was amazing how she let Kanon come back 2 life and be with Jessica!!! it makes me jealous that i didnt get 2 hear their conversation... ='( oh ya... i almost cried 2 when Beatrice "admitted it" haha aww well... i cant believe it was all a lie!!! cant wait... KANON-KUN!!!
Jun 9, 2010 12:00 PM

Jan 2009
*clears throat*
H-His power anti-magic resistance power level..
It's over 9000 Endless Eight Nine!
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 6, 2010 7:49 AM

Dec 2009
Lolz , I'm glad that Beato didn't become a softie , but wtf is with that Ange ?
Aug 9, 2010 3:29 AM

Apr 2010
Hmm wow, Ange, just jumped off the roof, this was really kicking.
I liked Beato when she was all softie and stuff..
I feel bad for Battler being fooled like that.
Oct 5, 2010 10:27 AM

Jan 2008
!!!! What the - ?! I was finally looking forward to my beloved Jessica x Kanon scenes and THIS is what I get? One crappy MINUTE?!

I'm so terribly disappointed, it automatically ruined most of the episode for me =(
The pacing was so-so, acceptable, I guess. Found it to be too much content for one single episode though.

Besides,...Beatrice's acting was so way over the top...the whole thing was fishy from the start, wasn't it?

Haha...But Ange's entrance to the ceremony was bad-ass!! =D
SaorinOct 5, 2010 10:31 AM

Dec 9, 2010 8:22 AM

Jul 2009
I was about to full on rage at this episode until the ending. I had so much prepared as to why Beatrice had suddenly become nice and why Battler had accepted her again (although that part still stands since Battler is an idiot) but I have to applaud Ryukishi07 for this one.
Dec 9, 2010 10:17 AM
Sep 2009
Oh fcku! Whar the hell is going on? I can understand just a little bit more than nothing. Are there any explanations in VN, i wonder, or there's just no point in trying to get the thing?
Dec 25, 2010 4:37 PM

Dec 2009
vinesage said:
wow, Just when I thought I already pretty much figured out everything, I got totally mindfucked again
This quote was from October of 2009. It was neither the first nor last of its kind; usually delivered by an anime only-er...such as myself.

So yeah, I thought I had been keeping up with all the happenings & shenannigans until the end of this episode aired.

I'm such a SUCKER!

Oh, & I don't know who, or what, the "mirage"-thingywhatsit is about, but from the tone of the comments, I'd like to know.
Jan 24, 2011 5:49 AM

Feb 2010
Fuck....everything was a lie??

I also thought that something is wrong but I never guessed that the whole arc is just a deceiving-tsundere arc..
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Jul 6, 2011 2:19 AM

Jul 2008
After having watched the whole series, before ever reading the VN's or graphic novels, this was by far the best episode of the series. I keep coming back to this episode again and again wondering why the hell couldn't they have done the whole series like this. Scratch that, this episode wouldn't have been nearly as good without the brilliant setup that was the third arc. It all came to a head here in grand fashion. I have to thank Studio Deen for at least that much. This third arc was unbelievably good, putting the rest of the arcs to shame.

Never before has an anime built my hopes up and then crushed them so thoroughly. My heart poured out for Beato, hoping Battler would forgive her and that they would become the best of friends. I literally did not see this coming. To this day, this remains one of the only twists that has caught me by surprise. And none so near as well. Redemption is often the saving grace for just about any character. To see it just utterly denied like that is quite the shock. It goes against almost every trope you could possibly imagine.

Good stuff. But I'll miss Beato. Hopefully she comes around, as I loved her in the third arc.

In summary, while the series as a whole was often rough and uneven, the third arc made up for it in a big way, especially this episode, which would be the sole reason why I would buy the Blu-Ray if it ever comes out. The only criticism I can think of would be failing to mention Virgilia's betrayal in subsequent episodes, which doesn't even really deal with this episode to begin with.

I will say this though, the animation in Episode 25 is quite the treat. Matter of fact, I remember watching this in 480 once upon a time. The animation looked dated, but when I watched it again in 720p, I was quite amazed. The animation is fluid and has several moments where it captures your attention with exquisite beauty, especially the opening sequence. The art is to die for. Quite the looker.

First Arc (Episodes 1-5)
8/10

Second Arc (Episodes 6-11)
3/10

Third Arc (Episodes 12-18)
10/10

Fourth Arc (Episodes 19-26)
6/10

This episode being 10,000,000+/10 As close to perfect as one can get.

Overall, this would be a 6/10, but because of this episode and the brilliant third arc...

7/10
Jul 27, 2011 7:44 PM

Feb 2010
Someone explain what the hell happened?
Jan 29, 2012 1:18 AM

Sep 2011
R4yn0r said:
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!

*Likes*

Argh, I knew it was too good to be true! I actually liked the good Beatrice! :( Oh well, I enjoy her sadistic side as well. :D
Aug 28, 2012 4:36 AM

Jun 2011
dafuq?

One episode and the plot takes a 180 degree turn to god knows what?

I really don't know what to say anymore.
Oct 19, 2012 9:57 PM

Feb 2012
Hmm really interesting Kanon came help Jessica and they got to be with each other a little time until EvaBeatrice came and destroyed that dream and attacked Beatrice.

However how the heck Beatrice was still breathing after all that. And when she returned to that other world with Battler and said that she can end the game with saying witches don't exist in red text. She must had wishing something else.

Who would guess that former and Young Beatrice were lying whole time to Battler and he only saw what they showed to him. And Beatrice also mentioned that North and Sun strategy which is somehow related to this.

Bernkastel's piece was really needed now Ange is in the game too she might save Battler and others too. So in the end we only have one good ally and it's Bernkastel maybe...

So Eva was taking care of Ange or so it seems.

Good thing Battler didn't sign that monument that Beatrice and Virgilia were preparing for him.

So now is time for the end game let's see if this final arc is going to be better than this one.
Apr 25, 2013 7:32 AM

Mar 2013
Its over 9999999 !!
Nice plot twist, it makes more sense this way i guess... Beato is an Endless witch who has murdered and murdered for about 1000 years , such a change of heart would be strange.
Also, im not a VN reader but i watched the web of red scene on youtube, and i gotta say that the same scene in the anime could have been done better , but im not that mad. Its still good :)
Should I expect a new portrait in the next Op ?
Jun 3, 2013 11:59 AM

Sep 2008
This episode was a great mindblow :D
Oct 26, 2013 9:31 PM

Nov 2012
Damn, Beatrice got me with that big trick. Can't believe I fell for that.
Feb 12, 2015 9:19 PM

Jul 2007
Em i the only one here that thinks that was Rika during the cliff hanger? I mean she sounds like the main instigator behind most of this and also in control of this world. Its rika, it has to be. That would be quite amazing, if they made a tie-in like that.

Aug 21, 2015 8:23 AM

Feb 2015
I'm so glad Beatrice gave up her "tsun" act and switched over to "dere"... I missed her crazy laugh.

Things should start getting interesting now Bernka is playing the game.
Jan 31, 2019 9:56 AM

Jul 2014
Nice Evangelion reference and out-of-nowhere timeskip.
Jun 27, 2022 1:34 AM
May 2022
I fell for "it". I thought they will beat Eva-Beatrice together. I was fooled, deceived, hoaxed, misled,tricked, bamboozled.Their expressions seemed too genuine! 😭

Anyway, it seems that the mystery is solved... for now. Well, Ange definitely arrived with a blast! I am excited to witness how she uncovers the true truth.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.