Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 7, 2014 10:32 AM

Jul 2013
Wow the animation and directing in this episode is especially terrible. Rinka's kick and that Chinese(?) girl's movements were so awkward. The protagonists (as I have said since ep 1) are fucking useless as usual. Their ESP power is so insignificant it's not even funny. It's like watching Epsilon level mutants trying to go against a bunch of Omega level mutants.

Of course the society was being stupid again by antagonizing the only people Espers on their side. Worst of all is they only detained the good guys who are barely resisting and yet failed to capture a single bad guy (lol). That's like a teacher scolding a normal kid who he knows wouldn't talk back yet has no balls to scold the delinquents.

Bad episode and enough to bring down this show's rating for me.
Sep 7, 2014 10:58 AM

Apr 2010
Everything about this show is so half assed. Shocking ep. Will finish it though, might as well.
Sep 7, 2014 10:09 PM

Oct 2011
Poor Rinka. School was destroyed. Classmates dying left and right. Mind controlled friends killing her. Even losing her ESP. Now the ESP Unit have captured Rinka's Dad and Roshi NOOO.
Sep 8, 2014 12:34 AM

Aug 2013
Rinka is always in trouble, even after all training was not been able to save up, for a moment until she lost his life, but was still saved, but now will wander alone
and Kyoutarou never did much in the story, but it is increasingly worthless ..
Sep 8, 2014 12:47 AM

Feb 2012
Show started off good but has since went down hill.

I mean, wtf was all that training for? She didn't even put up a fight. Past few eps were freaking pointless. Also, her dad could have just used his powers to disarm those cops so what was the point of running other than so the lazy writers could lock them up?

What was the point of Murasaki going to her dad alone when she could have brought Rinka with her and talked in the car?

This ep was stupid and the show is now garbage. All from this single ep. This show will now enter naruto-level asspull territory in order for the good guys to win.
Sep 8, 2014 4:52 AM

Oct 2013
she didnt really put up much of a fight tho
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Sep 8, 2014 10:44 AM

May 2010
Bheaze said:
she didnt really put up much of a fight tho

What fight? It was clearly one sided.

What a lame episode.
Sep 9, 2014 7:30 AM

Dec 2013
Seriously? Rinka really had it coming if you ask me. You know the enemy is crazy and willing to drop a tanker on the city, and yet you relax your defenses the moment that Azuma comes back and tells you that everything is gonna be okay? Optimistic much?

And that Azuma must be an idiot if he didn't see this coming from a thousand Kilometers away. Your step-dad is a maniacal killing machine, they kidnapped you and tried to kill a town full of humans, and the minute they let you go, you think "oh now I can go back to being my regular high school student and date with Rinka"
Have some sense of danger, will ya???

I can't say I like the good guys getting beat down, but they seriously had it coming, like episodes ago.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 9, 2014 8:32 AM
Dec 2011

haha her face.

It's almost ep12 and they are still so weak. I wonder how they will end this anime.
Sep 9, 2014 6:46 PM

Dec 2008
Those bitches...

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 10, 2014 5:25 PM

Sep 2012
Yeaaahh... Not sure how to feel about this anime anymore.
Find out that the reason why the crazy professor wants to kill everyone is because his wife dies. Okay, why not blow the whole universe up cause you dropped your coffee while you're at it?
After all the training during summer and they make it so Rinka can't do jack shit about anything. Yeah, the 2v1 part seemed someone reasonable but the part where she got held back was just kinda stupid. You're getting beat by a classmate that has most likely 0% experience in fighting. You could at least kick her away and try to break free.
Then the fucking shit-headed government goes after the good guys first. Yeah, no wonder no one ever likes the government ever. I'm surprised that they're surprised some terrorist group is trying to take them down.

Meh.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Sep 10, 2014 9:54 PM

Jan 2008
Impressionable teens are pretty stupid in this show aren't they? "Yeah, sure, life's boring, so I'll become a murderer and a terrorist, because I love a handsome man with a dark past" ...Well shit. It's no wonder their government is cracking down, but in the most inefficient way possible, by going after the only people that stood up against the actual terrorists, whom also saved lives by putting their own on the line. I'm hoping more heads will roll on the authority side for being so incredibly asinine, but our heroes better shape up fast--they've been on the losing end for too long.

Not saying I told you so Rinka, because Azuma already did. Should have taken his advice and worn a mask.
Sep 14, 2014 7:48 AM

Jul 2008
Only a decent episode, didn't enjoyed it very much unfortunately :(
Sep 14, 2014 3:41 PM

Mar 2009
Unlike most, I enjoyed the episode, Rinka still gets on my nerves though. I wonder how she'll get her esp back.

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Sep 17, 2014 12:39 PM

Jul 2010
I don't remember last time watching such a shitty episode. God, everything about this episode was so bad that it started to look like a friggin comedy. This anime is definitely the biggest disappointment of the season.
Sep 18, 2014 7:51 AM

Jun 2008
This characters are sooooo bad.

SalemWitch said:
Ahhh, so we were supposed to feel sorry for Rinka. Right.

Lol, i have the same feeling. I just can't get immersed in anything because everything feels so stupid.

Satsuyo said:
I don't know if I should drop this anime or not tbh -.-
I thought Ga-Rei Zero was great and the first episode of Tokyo ESP was too but it's just been boring for me the past 8 episodes. I feel like Rinka did all that training and a punch wouldn't kill a classmate so why couldn't she fight back? Even her thinking was pretty naive to me and idk this just isn't holding to the expectation I had and I might drop it. imo.

The only reason Ga-Rei: Zero was good was because it wasn't a manga adaptation of this guy manga. The guy just isn't that good really. Ga-Rei the manga is quite inferior than Ga-Rei: Zero.
MonadSep 18, 2014 7:56 AM
Sep 19, 2014 5:18 PM

May 2013
Hey look! It's Flamethrower Guy, Wind Girl, and Vine Girl from the first episode!
Chinese Girl, Blonde Girl, and Kozuki gave Rinka a beating.
Also, I don't see how Rinka's classmate could not know Rinka is White Girl. The only thing that changed is her hair color!

Oh no, Rinka lost her fish. (T_T)
Apparently, Azuma can only teleport a distance away.

No, not Master Panda! Not Wolverine! Kobushi escaped though.
How will Rinka ever get her powers back and stop the Professor?
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 22, 2014 7:31 AM

Oct 2009
Why am I still watching this??

Also obviously superhero trope is obvious; nearly dies, loses powers and comes back stronger.
AozureSep 22, 2014 7:36 AM
Sep 27, 2014 1:18 AM

Jun 2013
Did they run out of budget this episode? It was more terrible than the already terrible previous episodes. So much bullshit in this series, at this point its competitor for worst anime i've ever watched.
Sep 27, 2014 11:08 AM
Apr 2014
what the hell happened to the animation ? the fight scenes all of a sudden became unbearably bad
Oct 18, 2014 9:29 PM

May 2014
This show is pissing me off with how weak Rinka is. srsly, I think she could've beaten some of those bitches at the school....
Oct 21, 2014 9:55 AM

Dec 2013
damn how can Azuma be so useless..... i mean he can't even fight anyone or even save himself with his ability..... worst character ever..... totally useless.....
Nov 5, 2014 5:03 PM

May 2012
This sure doesn't look too good :s but well let's see what's next!
Feb 20, 2015 4:00 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
ESP Squad destroyed, mauled and killed Rinka(her heart stopped for a few minutes). What happened to 1 v 1 fights?

Azuma stuck in an island. They sure like trapping him in some unknown location.

Now what is Rinka going to do. She's pretty much a normal girl who is all beat up and is the most wanted person in the area.

Mar 14, 2015 9:37 AM

Nov 2011
Overall the episode is interesting, alone, am too stupid way of acting of the good than the bad.
That is, Rinka and others, including the master Yoda, you do scrub like rookies without even deal a point in their favor, especially Rika is what disappoints along with Azuma.
Drawings and animations in free fall, really a shame to see how a similar series is ruined right in the most important moment.
Apr 24, 2015 11:36 PM

Jan 2012
Well that was pretty brutal for Rinka, and she even lost her friends and power, not that it was her fault really. Well at least things can't get any worse...right?
May 26, 2015 2:59 AM

Feb 2015
New mutants, that flame guy, skids(?), black tom cassidy, tempted to go with iron fist but since he isnt a mutant... oh wth... iron fist, rainbow raider karma (shrug)

Well this episode cleared some things up, they want to destroy the world because his wife/her mother died. That's... nice.

Rinka is not only mopey and annoying but she's now useless. Splendid. Splendid!
Dec 22, 2015 1:05 AM

Jan 2013
It's a shame this show cant properly convey how the characters feel.
It felt like Rinka was just sparring while she got punched and choked out by one of her classmates.

Animation was kinda sloppy aswell.

Still enjoying the show though, I think we need a season 2 for sure though.
Apr 21, 2016 4:34 AM

Aug 2013
That fight was awful. Did Rinka forget that she has powers too?
Mar 11, 2017 11:21 PM

Sep 2013
Those ESPer Defense guys don't seem to have any special training, skills or equipment. They just kind of show up, point their guns at super-powered people and expect them to give in.....morons.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Revenant_ - Jul 18, 2014

183 by doliwaq »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:30 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2014

83 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 27, 2023 2:18 AM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2014

328 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2014

66 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 29, 2021 3:27 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2014

77 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 29, 2021 2:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.