Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 6, 2014 5:11 AM
Jun 2009
The author has invalidated Sachi's existence.

Kirito meeting Asuna makes his meeting with Sachi's group a plot hole. The reason he joined their group was because he was lonely/depressed and didn't meet Asuna yet but the remake has him adventuring with Asuna at least half the time.

If he has Asuna this early on (which makes more sense given how their relationship develops in the upper floors), why would he need Sachi?
Jul 20, 2014 7:03 AM

May 2011
coolxal said:
The author has invalidated Sachi's existence.

i'm not sure. I haven't read the progressive arc.

I was assuming that Asuna was ditched after the first boss to spare her from being associated with a Beater.

It was in between that Kirito met and lost Sachi and her guild.

Asuna eventually became a leader of KOB and used her role to get back into Kirito's life and make him hers.

I sure hope they didn't screw that all up.
CirrisJul 20, 2014 7:33 AM
Jul 23, 2014 7:03 AM
May 2009
a lot of people are unhappy about how kirito's character has developed. Progressive is a remake that hopefully fleshes out his character. I don't nessessarly think that Sachi is invalid now, as people tend to move around and change guilds in MMOs.

I do think it needs to be handled differently in a way that makes sense. Right now Sachi seems like an asspull out of nowhere so I'm hoping she gets her own arc in progressive.
Aug 9, 2016 10:51 PM
Jan 2014
Actually, at the time kirito would have already met Asuna. He separated from her, Klein, and the others to be a "beater".

In the anime, this occurs in episode 2. The Progressive volumes haven't gotten this far so it's hard to tell how Reki will explain this. It's definitely possible that Kirito is separated from Asuna during the times of SAO's original side stories like this one.

It's my belief that Sachi's death is what really traumatizes Kirito and makes it to where he avoids other players, Progressive is sure to flesh this out.
"I am told that some part of of every dream must be heard but I've lost sight of the truth in those words."

More topics from this board

» Stuff that made you lower your score/rating? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by RobertBobert »»
Feb 18, 10:26 AM

» Still feels rushed

Cneq - Nov 14, 2022

7 by Saynarra »»
Jan 19, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Volume 4 Chapter 9 Discussion

Shadow_Strider - Dec 4, 2012

2 by eleonora_43 »»
Oct 14, 2023 4:23 AM

» Continue the LN after the last season

baltazak - Apr 5, 2023

2 by Anayan_Kashyap »»
Oct 13, 2023 2:52 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Chapter 2 Discussion

Kiba_Senpai - Nov 27, 2022

0 by Kiba_Senpai »»
Nov 27, 2022 4:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.