Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 4, 2014 9:06 AM

Dec 2013
krownklown said:
Im not update on the last few novels, so I didn 't know if he woke up yet, although through the vampire arc I want to say he was asleep.

In any case Issei is now the "son" of Big Red - #1 in the DxD verse, and Ophius - former #2, maybe #3 now, and arguably could have challenged for #2 if her power had not been stolen. I honestly think at full power DxD beats 666 and Ophius at full power, who wins between a full power Ophius and 666, who knows. Plus he has ddraig in him, so he should be a lot stronger that what we have seen so far.

During the vampire arc, Ddraig was awake all the time. I see what your point is but just because Issei got some nice upgrades does not mean he can become much stronger instantly. He still needs some time :)
Jun 4, 2014 2:25 PM

Aug 2013
Whenever you get some time, you need to read the latest few novels (specifically volume 16). You're gonna love it.

Anyway, whenever Ise unlocks his dormant powers, he's either going to receive some incredibly broken power or a useful battle ability that isn't broken combined with some sort of negative affect (such as an infinite lifespan). Holy Grail could probably fix that though. As for 666/Ophis, DxD at their full power could probably take them on, but not defeat them easily. There's a reason they're at the top of the top 10 list.
Jun 4, 2014 7:23 PM

Jun 2013
Gary29 said:
Whenever you get some time, you need to read the latest few novels (specifically volume 16). You're gonna love it.

Anyway, whenever Ise unlocks his dormant powers, he's either going to receive some incredibly broken power or a useful battle ability that isn't broken combined with some sort of negative affect (such as an infinite lifespan). Holy Grail could probably fix that though. As for 666/Ophis, DxD at their full power could probably take them on, but not defeat them easily. There's a reason they're at the top of the top 10 list.

Yea I know I need to catch, I am currently working on the LNs of Aria and Gakuen, and waiting on the last chapter of Romance Snafu, also waiting on vol 6 of Problem children and 13 of Mahouka, I will probably rewatch Dxd the anime, and then start reading after that.

I don't think it would be easy, but that being said I still think DxD is a strong #1, and even if the battle is challenging he would win every time. I don't think 666 is as close to DxD as the LN is trying to build up, and I don't think Ophius ever was close to Dxd even before losing the powers. I know there was no motivation and that is how Ophius lost the powers to the Brigade, but the strongest in the Universe should untouchable to all but a few, a band of humans and devils and fallen angels should not even be able to stand in your presence.
Jun 5, 2014 9:55 AM

Dec 2013
krownklown said:
Gary29 said:

Yea I know I need to catch, I am currently working on the LNs of Aria and Gakuen, and waiting on the last chapter of Romance Snafu, also waiting on vol 6 of Problem children and 13 of Mahouka, I will probably rewatch Dxd the anime, and then start reading after that.

I don't think it would be easy, but that being said I still think DxD is a strong #1, and even if the battle is challenging he would win every time. I don't think 666 is as close to DxD as the LN is trying to build up, and I don't think Ophius ever was close to Dxd even before losing the powers. I know there was no motivation and that is how Ophius lost the powers to the Brigade, but the strongest in the Universe should untouchable to all but a few, a band of humans and devils and fallen angels should not even be able to stand in your presence.

The story keeps getting better and better, you'd better start catching up :)

I think the difference in term of power between Great Red and ophis is not so big, and perhaps they are in equal position. If they fight each other, nothing good will happen. The weakened Ophis is still twice stronger than the two heavenly dragons. That's why "she" represents the Infinite. About 666, that creature is still mystery so there is only speculation about how strong it is
Jun 5, 2014 11:26 AM

Aug 2013
krownklown said:

Damn it, I forgot you haven't read the latest volumes and got confused with what we're talking about. You're referring to Great Red when you say DxD, right? Because there's another [DxD] that I was thinking about. 666 is basically a more destructive version of Great Red, which is why it needed to be sealed. Their power levels are pretty much the same, which is why if they were to fight, multiple dimensions would be annihilated. No one was able to harm Ophis except Samael, the ultimate enemy of dragons. She represents infinity, so she's right up there with Great Red and 666 albeit not as powerful as them.
Jun 5, 2014 6:29 PM

Jun 2013
Yeah by DxD I meant Great Red.

I don't why you guys think so highly of Ophius. At the end of the day, a group was able to essentially capture, hold prisioner, and then power de level the character. I know you can chop some of that up to indifference, but quite frankly no one would even try something like that with Great Red. Great Red is on that level that Accelerator wanted to be in Index, he is not just better than everyone, he is so far ahead that no one would even dream to challenge him.

Also last time I checked Great Red took Ophius home with lifting a finger and just chilled there, while Ophius had to resort to conspiring with the Chaos Brigade to even get a chance to fight him.

I know the author said they were close in power, but given in story feats and events, I don't think they were ever close, and never where they equal.

As far as 666 goes, all we know is that God had to seal 666. Last time I checked God and everyone else were scared of Albion and D Draig to the point they had to combined there powers, and these are two dragons not even worth mentioning in the same breath as Great Red. So I can't really put too much faith into 666 given how worfed God became from following battle.

To me if there are more powerful or equally powerful character to Great Red, they have not appeared, and are not from this "universe", unless the major trolling occurs and God staged his death.
Jun 6, 2014 8:51 AM

Aug 2013
Well, about Ophis: You attribute it to the Hero-Faction, but they weren't the ones who weakened Ophis per-say. It was Samael. Cao Cao's spear was unable to harm Ophis whatsoever. God of the Bible was a master of creating things that were more powerful than himself (the Longinus and Samael), which is why the Dragon-Eater was able to weaken Ophis when literally nothing else (aside from GR/Trixeha) could. Also Ophis had to work with the Khaos Brigade because she has little idea on how to actually use her power.

As for 666, I'm not sure what you mean. 666 is on the same level as Great Red. The reason the God of the Bible had to seal 666 was because it was a more violent and destructive version of Great Red, who is pretty much harmless.
Jun 6, 2014 4:31 PM

Jun 2013
Gary29 said:
Well, about Ophis: You attribute it to the Hero-Faction, but they weren't the ones who weakened Ophis per-say. It was Samael. Cao Cao's spear was unable to harm Ophis whatsoever. God of the Bible was a master of creating things that were more powerful than himself (the Longinus and Samael), which is why the Dragon-Eater was able to weaken Ophis when literally nothing else (aside from GR/Trixeha) could. Also Ophis had to work with the Khaos Brigade because she has little idea on how to actually use her power.

As for 666, I'm not sure what you mean. 666 is on the same level as Great Red. The reason the God of the Bible had to seal 666 was because it was a more violent and destructive version of Great Red, who is pretty much harmless.

An idiot who can't use their own power is not anybody worth thinking highly of. You see this all the time in games, where a character has unrivaled power but are so stupid that they can't use it ala an orc or something, and they get downgraded. So even if you want to say something like she/he had the power but did not know how to use it , that still makes him/her weak.

Also Samael was not all powerful, Issei died from a hit while Vali survived. Samael like all abilities loses effectiveness against stronger characters. For Ophius to be weak enough to be effected by Samael is enough for me to rank her below GR.

Also what is hard to grasp about my comment on 666. Where are you basing it on that 666 = GR. Some hearsay statement in the novel. We know for a fact God could seal 666. We also know for a fact that it took God + Heaven + Lucifer+ Hell + Fallen Angels just to be Ddraig and Albion. Both of this guys are admitted to be well below Ophius and GR, hell even with Ophius depowered she is still double the power of those two combined. So looking at it objectively God was able to seal 666 solo, while it took God and all 3 of the strongest factions combined just to beat 2 dragons below GR. So I don't see how you can objectively say Gr=666.
Jun 7, 2014 9:20 AM

Aug 2013
Ophis:

It's not that she's stupid, it's that she never had an opportunity to learn how to use her power before volume 11. She was born from nothing in the Dimensional Gap, never involved in fighting or battles of any kind. She had 0 experience. It's like Ise when he was learning to use his Boosted Gear at the beginning of the novel.

Samael/Vali:

Vali used his demonic power to act as a substitute for his body to prolong his life until he could get the poison removed from his body. If Sun Wukong hadn't removed the poison, he would have died as well. Also, the Hero-Faction intended to use Samael on Great Red in volume 9. They wouldn't plan something like that without confidence that it would work.

666:

If I remember correctly, from volume 16, it was revealed that God sealed 666 before the Three Great Powers joined up to defeat Ddraig and Albion. He was already severely weakened from sealing 666, which is why he couldn't even try to handle them on his own.
Jun 8, 2014 2:24 AM

Apr 2014
Thanks for the title change. Sounds better than before.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Respect cannot be made by force or fear, it must be earned overtime; otherwise, it was never respect at all."
~ Malik

Highschool DxD is my all-time favorite series!
Jun 8, 2014 12:48 PM

Dec 2013
Ophis doesn't need Khaos Brigade to fight great red. Ophis has a mentality of a toddler so it's easy to "fool" her. Ophis knew how to use her power before Samael took half of her power, thanks to that incident Ophis could not control her power as she used to. If you ask me why Ophis did not challenge Great Red from a long time ago, the answer is quite simple Ophis doesn't know what she truly wants anymore thanks to the time she spent outside the Dimensional Gap
Jun 8, 2014 10:37 PM

Apr 2014
Royalknightftw said:
Ophis doesn't need Khaos Brigade to fight great red. Ophis has a mentality of a toddler so it's easy to "fool" her. Ophis knew how to use her power before Samael took half of her power, thanks to that incident Ophis could not control her power as she used to. If you ask me why Ophis did not challenge Great Red from a long time ago, the answer is quite simple Ophis doesn't know what she truly wants anymore thanks to the time she spent outside the Dimensional Gap

I thought that that part of the show was bs. How is the 2nd most powerful being going to lose their power that easily? She better replenish her power back.
"Respect cannot be made by force or fear, it must be earned overtime; otherwise, it was never respect at all."
~ Malik

Jun 9, 2014 12:55 AM

Dec 2013
@malikis Well, Samael is like a bad news for every kind of dragons including Great Red and Ophis so i don't think it's a BS for Ophis to be "weakened" by samael. Current Ophis is still twice stronger than the two heavenly dragons in their prime time.
Jun 11, 2014 1:41 AM

Apr 2014
Royalknightftw said:
@malikis Well, Samael is like a bad news for every kind of dragons including Great Red and Ophis so i don't think it's a BS for Ophis to be "weakened" by samael. Current Ophis is still twice stronger than the two heavenly dragons in their prime time.

I already know that, I read the LNs too. I'm saying it's bs because she's super strong for no reason. Although, I'm curious to see what would happen if Samael was used on Great Red...
~ Malik

Jul 13, 2014 2:24 AM

Jun 2013
malikis2cool said:
Royalknightftw said:

I thought that that part of the show was bs. How is the 2nd most powerful being going to lose their power that easily? She better replenish her power back.

I agree my BS meter was going off. The whole explanation of Ophius being manipulated regardless of Samael was bogus. You have a character that before losing their power appears near omnipotent and gets tricked by some rag tag group of devils, angels, and humans.

Also the whole thing about God fearing the dragons and creating Samael also doesn't jive. Samael seems to somehow be stronger than characters just because. I mean Isibumi is almost acting like celestial god dragons have dna, so somehow Samael works on all dragons.

Besides, Samael ultimately can be overpowerd. Issei is wiped out, but Vali survived a hit. So whose to say Great Red isn't so great that getting hit my Samael is no more than a mosquito bite.

Whatever, lets enjoy season 3.
Jul 13, 2014 11:56 AM

Dec 2013
krownklown said:
malikis2cool said:

I agree my BS meter was going off. The whole explanation of Ophius being manipulated regardless of Samael was bogus. You have a character that before losing their power appears near omnipotent and gets tricked by some rag tag group of devils, angels, and humans.

Also the whole thing about God fearing the dragons and creating Samael also doesn't jive. Samael seems to somehow be stronger than characters just because. I mean Isibumi is almost acting like celestial god dragons have dna, so somehow Samael works on all dragons.

Besides, Samael ultimately can be overpowerd. Issei is wiped out, but Vali survived a hit. So whose to say Great Red isn't so great that getting hit my Samael is no more than a mosquito bite.

Whatever, lets enjoy season 3.

One of the reasons why God of Bible was considered to be one of the strongest being in DxD is that He could create something that is more powerful than Himself. Take Longinus for example.
So Samael's curse is one of the creations of God of bible like Longinus but the purpose is to show his anger to all kind of snakes and dragons. I don't see any "jive reasons" that you stated.
Ophis was "eaten" by Samael while vali was just "touched". If Vali was in Ophis's situation he would have died many times over.
Rizevim also considered to use Samael against Great Red but Hades would never let him use it and his evil dragon army would be perished by Samael. So his plan to use samael is a big no but it means that there is a possibility that samael could be effective against great red.
Ophis is extremely strong but her personality is like a toddler, maybe that's why she never attack great red yet.
Jul 14, 2014 10:56 AM

Aug 2013
Royalknightftw said:

Rizevim also considered to use Samael against Great Red but Hades would never let him use it and his evil dragon army would be perished by Samael. So his plan to use samael is a big no but it means that there is a possibility that samael could be effective against great red.
Ophis is extremely strong but her personality is like a toddler, maybe that's why she never attack great red yet.

I think you meant the Hero-Faction? Rizevim never stated anything about wanting to use Samael, and the only reason the Hero-Faction couldn't use it on GR in vol9 was because they were stopped from summoning GR. They wanted to test if it did have an effect on Great Red or not.
She didn't attack Great Red thus far because she doesn't know how to use her power very well. At least that's what I think.
Jul 15, 2014 7:25 AM

Dec 2013
Gary29 said:
Royalknightftw said:

I think you meant the Hero-Faction? Rizevim never stated anything about wanting to use Samael, and the only reason the Hero-Faction couldn't use it on GR in vol9 was because they were stopped from summoning GR. They wanted to test if it did have an effect on Great Red or not.
She didn't attack Great Red thus far because she doesn't know how to use her power very well. At least that's what I think.

Hmmm, perhaps the right word is "ever crossed in his mind".
Before Ophis loses her power, i think she knows how to use it. But due to her "childish" personality she never attacks GR yet.
Jul 16, 2014 2:36 PM

Aug 2013
Oh, it's been a while since I read volume 16 lol.

Well she did use her power in volume 11 after the incident with Samael, but then in volume 12 she's shown "hitting" Great Red so I guess it is because of her naive personality. (Then again she probably didn't attack him then because they were working together to save Ise).
Aug 15, 2014 12:08 AM

Apr 2014
Gary29 said:
Oh, it's been a while since I read volume 16 lol.

Well she did use her power in volume 11 after the incident with Samael, but then in volume 12 she's shown "hitting" Great Red so I guess it is because of her naive personality. (Then again she probably didn't attack him then because they were working together to save Ise).

I loled at her hitting Great Red
~ Malik

Aug 15, 2016 8:29 PM
Aug 2016
(Warning apoiler alert ) Lol in volume 10 they become. lovers and the director follows volume 10 this will be made a full blown hentai but i wouldnt call it unless he makes love to all of them then marries risa then volume 11 or 12 devil king a.k.a risas brother will put issei through 4 challenges and last challenge is to face on the king (warning spoiler alert)

He will be defeated (issei will not win) but risa will help him out by grooping her boobs or the dragon in issei will make a new transformation that will match the demon king if this dosent follow volume 10 then issei kids will go to future to see him cause issei will die in future and u al know what will happen goodbye im the cousin of the director i went in studios but he didnt tell me :(
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2013

124 by removed-user »»
Yesterday, 10:02 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirgoodguy - Jul 7, 2013

251 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

144 by demxnys »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2013

164 by kitsune0 »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

295 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.