Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Should I continue reading?
May 5, 2014 10:51 AM

Apr 2014
I continued High School DxD with the light novels, and I just finished volume 5. The problem is, after I finished season 1 and 2 of the anime, I had PADS (Post Anime Depression Syndrome). This has happened to me with another show, that is also based in a high school. It's not an anime though, so I don't know if you can count it as PADS. Anyway, I still have some of the PADS left in me even though I am really enjoying the light novels. I don't want to finish all the light novels, and end up getting an even worse case of PADS.

I don't know why I feel this way. Maybe because it is so relate-able at its base form(e.g high school, girls, relationships, etc.) So, I don't know what to do. Should I just continue reading and hope I don't get it worse? I'm pretty sure it will be worse since Rias and Issei end up getting engaged.

Or will the writer come out with new volumes fast enough for me to read?
Thoughts?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Respect cannot be made by force or fear, it must be earned overtime; otherwise, it was never respect at all."
~ Malik

Highschool DxD is my all-time favorite series!
May 5, 2014 12:50 PM

Dec 2013
Lol. Sorry, but it's first time I hear about such thing. If you are not trolling then you shouldn't read. Novels come like every 4-5 months, and translations after another 4 months.
May 5, 2014 1:57 PM

Apr 2014
Kyouraku-san said:
Lol. Sorry, but it's first time I hear about such thing. If you are not trolling then you shouldn't read. Novels come like every 4-5 months, and translations after another 4 months.

Look it up bro. Lots of people get Post-Anime Depression Syndrome.
And I swear to you, I am not trolling. I honestly wish I was.
malikis2coolMay 5, 2014 6:09 PM
"Respect cannot be made by force or fear, it must be earned overtime; otherwise, it was never respect at all."
~ Malik

May 6, 2014 7:27 AM

Aug 2013
Regarding light novel speeds... Ishibumi releases a new volume every 4-5 months, and Code-Zero (DxD's translator) usually finishes translating it a couple months after its release. He does post spoilers on AnimeSuki forum before-hand, though, for those of us who can't wait.

You're at the start of volume 6 now, right? You have all the way up to volume 16 to read, and volume 17 is mid-translation right now. Volume 18 will be released on June 20th. If you're really worried about running out of DxD to read/watch, you should consider re-watching the anime after you've finished the light novels. You can always re-read the light novels, too.
May 7, 2014 10:06 AM

Apr 2014
Gary29 said:
Regarding light novel speeds... Ishibumi releases a new volume every 4-5 months, and Code-Zero (DxD's translator) usually finishes translating it a couple months after its release. He does post spoilers on AnimeSuki forum before-hand, though, for those of us who can't wait.

You're at the start of volume 6 now, right? You have all the way up to volume 16 to read, and volume 17 is mid-translation right now. Volume 18 will be released on June 20th. If you're really worried about running out of DxD to read/watch, you should consider re-watching the anime after you've finished the light novels. You can always re-read the light novels, too.

Thanks for the info.
~ Malik

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2013

124 by removed-user »»
Yesterday, 10:02 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirgoodguy - Jul 7, 2013

251 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

144 by demxnys »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2013

164 by kitsune0 »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

295 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.