Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 26, 2014 4:19 AM

Feb 2014
Yuenku said:
I swear...The hints are there.

I'm betting that Ruuko has some kind of sociopathy and is forcing herself to act kind and cheery for others to get along with them. No friends, no wishes...I bet she's empty on the inside and in denial. They constantly point out how no one can understand her, and she herself mentioned in one of the episodes of not being able to understand others.

Then her love for battle that she's just starting to acknowledge. Not just the card game, but while her friends comment on the game being painful, she just has the desire to battle.

I'm calling it now; Akira's gonna look into Ruuko's dream, and whatever she ends up seeing is gonna backfire and end up tormenting herself.

Yeah, I think the LRIG somewhat like their "inner" personality. I hope this show get darker, that prologue in episode 1 foreshadowed it.

And it seems Tama didn't know something like other LRIG.

At first, i kinda annoyed with the MC, but if she somewhat has darker personality, i absolutely happy with it.
Apr 26, 2014 11:37 AM

Oct 2011
Whoa Ruko really??? : 0

Akira's plan foiled again.
Apr 26, 2014 12:13 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, this show is good at making me hate every female character.
Apr 26, 2014 4:19 PM

Apr 2013
Those girls are all mentally unstable.
Apr 26, 2014 4:44 PM
Apr 2013
I want this anime to be good, I want to like it but my lord some things are just ridiculous. WTF is this school that has girls chasing each other. Only thing that is stopping me from dropping this anime is hope that it will be good and I want to see Aki-bitchy get beat hard. Also i think the the mystery behind the main character is decent.
Apr 26, 2014 8:20 PM

Feb 2012
Looks like it was good time to drop the show.
Apr 27, 2014 1:03 AM
Mar 2014
The first episode was dark and got me curious. I want this to be another Madoka but I don't know how it will turn out. We're already 1/3 the way in and nothing major has happened, just hints regarding the tower and the city disappearing, Tama getting scary with her urge to battle and something that the other cards know about that Tama doesn't.

Dialogue from the first episode (Asenshi translation):

"Selectors are WIXOSS players who strive to become the 'Eternal Girl'"
"Huh? Etern--"
"If a Selector wins battles, she can become her ideal self. And that self is what we call the 'Eternal Girl.'"
"You mean that her wishes come true?"
"Well, something like that I guess."

This is the premise that every girl seems to be going on. However, the card then clarifies this though:

"To be more precise, this is not entirely correct. You *become* the person who can make the most outrageous wishes or dreams come true."

(Madoka Spoiler):

Nobody has lost three battles yet but I think it will happen in the next episode and I hope that's when the show will turn more grimdark and the girls will realize that more than their silly brocon wishes are riding on their battles.

First episode dialogue:

"If you lose three battles, you also lose the right to be a Selector."
"The right?"
"The moment you lose your third battle, we disappear. Your dreams won't come true and you will be barred from the world of WIXOSS and its strife to become the Eternal Girl."

The battles are probably more life-and-death not only for the LRIG card but also for the player. There's still no gravity to these games that should be established.

Episode 4 dialogue:

"I haven't seen Hitoe smile like that before. I wish I wasn't her LRIG."
"We're not allowed to say that."
"Right..."
"Tama likes Ruu..." (other cards surprised)
"I like Ruu. Tama likes being Ruu's LRIG!"
"But..."
"That's right. After all, Tama and Ruuko are friends."
"Yup..."
"Hanayo, Tama is..."
"Yeah, she doesn't know."
"I see."

(Madoka Spoiler)L

Anyway, it'd better turn more serious in the next episode, perhaps we'll see what happens when someone loses their third game (probably our meganekko, since she's already lost two), which might entail death. I was hoping for the next Madoka but I don't know. Certainly it is darker than Yu-Gi-Oh or Cardcaptor Sakura and it's rated 17+. The first episode just established so many dark themes, such as with the battle in the opening of the first episode and her post-apocalyptic nightmare (again, like in the opening scene in Madoka). But since then, it hasn't been much of anything. I'd be happy with character development but there hasn't really been that either. As others have said, the characters are still too flat after four episodes (in a 12 episode anime, I wouldn't care if it was a 24+ episode show but we only have 12 episodes to develop the characters). I'll probably have to wait until the series is over before recommending it.
sayas_chevalierMay 3, 2014 10:46 PM
Apr 27, 2014 1:10 AM
Mar 2014
I do have to say though that I love the background artwork and I can admire it while waiting for something to happen in the show...
Apr 27, 2014 7:28 AM

Jun 2012
Where da BATORU?
Apr 27, 2014 9:32 AM

Oct 2009
That chase scene was so ridiculous XD

Hopefully now the plot can move?
Apr 27, 2014 5:00 PM

Apr 2012
The only girl I actively hate is Akira. The rest are 'aight. But this anime isn't too good. I might actually have to drop it if the next few aren't any better.
Apr 27, 2014 10:51 PM

Mar 2008
A little disappointed we didn't get the battle with Akira but something tells me that's gonna come much later on. She's a really crazy and manipulative bitch. I'm actually digging the slow burn of the series I think we're really getting some good character moments.
Mari Okada's scripts usually come off as very frantic and choppy in some of her other works. This episode had an overall unsettling atmosphere that kept me on the edge, reminds me of when I have a strange dream at night.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Apr 28, 2014 12:05 AM

Jun 2013
I literally cannot stand any of the voices. Could you imagine how a "chipmunk" version of this show's audio would sound? Probably not, because it would exceed the upper frequency limit of human hearing.

The card game still makes no sense.

Half the characters are stupid. The other half are utter assholes that aren't even fun to dislike. Even the side characters that just show up for a scene or two (those fucking school girls, ugh). They're just unenjoyable to watch.

And I've never seen such weirdly drawn noses. Jeebus.

And yet I'm still watching, guess that means the show's doing what's supposed to be doing in that regard. Fuck me. Screw logic.

I hope MC gets drunk with power and destroys everything she loves. Train wrecks are great when shitty characters suffer.
Apr 28, 2014 12:49 PM

Feb 2012
2psychological4me
Apr 29, 2014 1:57 AM

Dec 2010
Akira and Ruuko's classmates really deserved to get their faces smacked this episode.

The ending actually made this episode worth it.
Apr 29, 2014 5:20 AM

Jan 2013
Akira is the only reason to watch this... and probably Iona... and possibly Ruuko 5 episodes later.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Apr 29, 2014 7:06 AM

Aug 2008
Amparo said:
This is just one of those chinese cartoons that is just so bad that it's good.

This HAS to be a troll... right?

Apr 29, 2014 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
pikel-kun said:
Amparo said:
This is just one of those chinese cartoons that is just so bad that it's good.

This HAS to be a troll... right?

No, the guy's right.
Apr 29, 2014 4:13 PM

Jan 2013

Lol at those faces ^_^.
Also now Ru-Ru knows the forbidden love too. xD
Apr 30, 2014 12:27 AM

Jan 2011
I just want to see Aki-lucky get all upset because she can't see Ruko's wish.
May 3, 2014 1:54 PM

Aug 2013
Ruuko is a bit scary with all those psychotic vision x)
What did the two other card meant by ''Tama not knowing something''? The way they talked, it's like they knew an horrible secret about Ruuko.

Those girl were so dumb, being manipulated so easily. Damn, those creepy fangirls...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 3, 2014 3:56 PM

Feb 2013
I'm loving the horror-atmosphere... but they sure need to get on with some tragic events...
May 4, 2014 1:54 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm, well that episode was ... interesting. So Ruuko finds out about Yuzuki's wish eh ... and then they're "officially" friends with Hitoe ;P Nice of them all to battle like that ...
That school chase scene though wtf XD Yeah figures Akira'd just be using the other girls to get Ruuko ... she really DOES want to battle though eh? Same with Tama ... well, there's something she "doesn't know" though :O
Iona (I think her name is) comes in and says it's blasphemy to battle without a wish eh ... (also dat yuri moment lulz). So I guess their battle will be put on hold for a bit ... hmm. Not too sure where this is gonna take us :O
Looks like next episode might have some more battles in it. Also this thing about the tower ... well, hopefully more will be revealed soon!
May 5, 2014 7:43 PM

Jan 2013
I think its starting to get better. Can't wait to see the twist
May 27, 2014 3:14 PM

Dec 2012
It was really sweet seeing Yuzuki, Ruko, and Hitoe getting along, although now I have to wonder what those other two know that Tama/Ruko don't. Man those girls were nuts. That's the power of fangirls on a leash.

The atmosphere completely shifted the moment Iona walked in at the end. I forgot to breathe during that scene. This is getting pretty intense along with that scene with Ruko alone the shed.
Jun 11, 2014 3:20 PM

Jan 2013
JUST START THE RUKO VS AKIRA BATTLE!
Damn, I wanted to see it. I want to see her wish reading reaction.

Also, they are being overly serious again, when the bad things didn't even happen yet (and I'm sure there's going to be bad things).

Probably the LRIGs are going to disappear when the wish is fufilled or they lose?

"This won't go unpunished" (Iori)
I wonder what punishment there will be? Everybody always talks about punishment, but nothing ever happens.

Also, everytime she returns home, I expect that something happened to her grandmother. I just have a feeling they are going to do something to her when the bad things happen.
MasterQuestJun 11, 2014 3:28 PM
Jul 1, 2014 10:42 AM

Oct 2013
I love the fact that is so easy to hate Akira
what doesn't Yama and Ru know ???? >.> makes me confused
that dramatic running XD made me laugh haha
I wanted to see Ru kick her ass!! dammit
whats up wit this other girl, Yuri much knowing full well a kiss wouldn't happen would have made me laugh though!
[/quote]
Jul 21, 2014 6:36 AM
May 2012
LOL at those "uglies" girls ahahaha.
Shit is startin' to get real, baby!!
I thought Iona will kiss her :O
Aug 17, 2014 4:54 AM

Aug 2013
Those stupid girls have peanuts for brains.. serves them right go home uglies ! :D
Hoho.. something is up with those cheeky cards. Akira is such a b*tch that I kinda love her.. hehe.
Iona is scary.. now that's a real monster.. but she doesn't look like a type with a wish though.
Ruuko going back to square one haiz... and instincts tell me the happy friendship is going down soon.
Aug 25, 2014 8:16 PM

Sep 2011
God Ive never been so interested in someones past before... I WANT TO KNOW!
Nov 20, 2014 2:11 PM

May 2012
Pretty interesting development, really interesting ending and just character development in general! Let's see what happens next!
Nov 29, 2014 4:45 PM

Jan 2011
The voice of glasses is just too much imo, pretty good otherwise.
Hype train inside my head choo choo~
Mallony said:
2psychological4me

m9 its 2 mach amaz for u bro
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 23, 2014 10:09 PM

Sep 2014
I thought Iona was going to kiss Ruko there. lol @ "uglies". I love how different Akira sounds when she gets hella mad.

Very interesting series so far, I like it. Wondering what Tama doesn't know compared to the other LRIGs. Maybe it's like a corrupted wish game or something, anime likes to do that a lot.
Jan 3, 2015 5:50 PM

Jul 2013
papsoshea said:
Akira is a bitch, I want her to get hit by a truck...would make this anime a masterpiece.

Preach!!! I want to see that!!
Jan 21, 2015 6:04 AM

Nov 2014
Seems to be good and mysterious.

Jul 13, 2015 6:51 AM

Mar 2013
Holy shit, what a bunch of bitches. Akira and her fans.

Not sure if Ruuko is gonna fight her next episode or not, but I hope it'll happen at some point anyway. I want her to destroy Akira. Completely. Something is wrong with Ruuko you say? That's fine. EMBRACE IT RUUKO. Go for it. Tama as well. And then wreck Akira.

I'm quite into this anime now, not gonna lie. The actual card game with all its terminology still doesn't mean much, but oh well. It doesn't seem to focus on that anyway.
Jul 21, 2015 10:30 PM

Mar 2015
Whoa.... Akira is just fucking annoying. Bitches route all the way.

Yuzuki is a nice friend I suppose.

Ruuko is scary in her way I guess, and Iona is cool. She can see directly that Ruuko have no wish and therefore a blasphemy.

Oct 13, 2015 12:20 AM
Nov 2014
Bloody hell! The drama is so forced in this episode, I just can't help but laughed along with it. I think Yuzuki might have the hots for Ruko, fucking lol'd.
Jun 17, 2016 10:26 AM

Apr 2015
Aha, I've got a soft spot for Akira. "You skank-ass hoe!" is a beautiful line.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 14, 2016 1:25 PM

Mar 2015
The characters are repulsive. Try as I might, I can't put myself back in the shoes of a middle-schooler; the whole drama with the school mob felt ridiculous. Yeah, right, as if a kid would trash talk a teacher like that without facing consequences. It feels like nobody in this show has balls to stand up for themselves.
Nov 1, 2016 3:31 PM
Sep 2016
Great. Now besides having badly written moe arquetipes and an incest drama for no real reason they put yuri bait...this show doesn't even has shame
Dec 20, 2016 3:39 PM

Nov 2013
It got serious and creepy now. Akira really knows how to manipulate people. It was satisfying to see how she ditched the dumb bitches.

Fortunately she was put in her place by Inoa. She is quite intimidating. Is there really a penalty for fighting without having a wish?

Hitoe now has two friends. The sleepover was cute too. In the end it was a misunderstanding between her and her brother. And Ruuko knows her secret now.

I wonder, if the almost finished building has a meaning/is of importance.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Dec 31, 2016 2:08 AM

Jan 2015
"There is no stronger bond of friendship than a mutual enemy" Sensei only said one line in his class, but damn it's SO WELL PUT. Akira is a mutual enemy and Ru-chan and Yuzu will get a strong bond of friendship. Really liked that part.

Also fuck those girls. Such bullies, wtf is wrong with them... Just because some idol came doesn't mean you can be so mean to others push them around and force them to do something they clearly don't want to... Glad they got fucked by Akira at the end.
"Get lost, uglies" The only time where I'll like Akira I think
HirugikuDec 31, 2016 2:24 AM
Mar 23, 2017 10:18 AM

Aug 2016
The wixoss series does a great job to make you HATE EVERY FUCKING CHARACTER IN THIS SERIES
Nanika ga Okashii
May 22, 2017 12:44 AM

Apr 2017
The only reasons I'm still watching this show are the absolutely irresistible visual texture and the ending song.

I have difficulty sympathizing with people who can't/don't say "no" when under social pressure, so a lot of the student relations fall flat on me.
Feb 9, 2018 7:42 PM

Sep 2013
This anime is making me want to play my old ccg's again.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 15, 2018 12:33 PM

Feb 2012
The girls that captured Ru ru got called uglies by Akira. Ungrateful af

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 9, 2023 8:23 AM

Dec 2019
This is surprisingly starting to grow on me......
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

250 by JustHarris34 »»
Feb 13, 1:03 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

249 by Homurice »»
Jan 14, 4:13 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

272 by pastelmegane »»
Nov 9, 2023 10:58 AM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

82 by Myabyelo789N »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:26 PM

Poll: » Selector Infected WIXOSS Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2014

150 by yhagni »»
Aug 11, 2022 11:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.