Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2014 10:16 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
LOL, ITEM are still making fun of Hamazura despite everything that has happened so far. Ah poor Fre nda. I had to take a moment of silence during that graveyard visiting scene. I think Mugino definitely feels sorry and wish she could take back what she’s done. I think I noticed that Hamazura met Misaka for a moment there although she is in a depressing mood, not that I’m surprised. On another note, Accelerator was also a nice sight to see along with Misaka Worst and LO.
We meet Fremea this volume who looks similar to Frenda.

Oh wait, they are related lol. Kuroyoru Umidori is also a strange girl that was introduced this volume. Also, what did Mugino just smile at the moment when LO flipped her long skirt?! What?! That’s a big change!
It was also kinda interesting seeing Accelerator and Hamazura team up. Maybe he should join ITEM. Also nice to see Leivinia Birdway. It should be interesting to see her roles in this series.
Dec 6, 2014 4:17 PM
Feb 2013
Finally done with NT 1st volume. After reading all of OT volumes and some side stories, I'm here. And damn I'm excited to see what is gonna happen next.

About the volume itself. Pretty enjoyable I'd say. Hamazura and Accelerator taking it easy with their (female) friends after WW3... Not happening.
Nice to see the two of them teaming up to protect Fremea. I thought Accelerator was gonna steal the spotlight but that chase with the Dragon Rider and taking Umidori down with the FIVE_Over was really cool of him.

Also, nice one Touma. Really didn't expect you to save the day in this volume. Really lift up my mood.

With Fremea's addition, now each of our three boys has a little girl to protect and a girl who's special.
May 18, 2019 6:08 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Felt like the volume starts rather slow, but it is expected, and it wasnt a chore to read unlike some early volumes in the prequel.

Hamazura had a bigger role on this volume than Accelerator, conflicted about that, but that bike was awesome.
Always like to read more about Mugino and Item itself, so that was dope.

Touma apears at the end to save the day, I knew he came back this volume, but that entrance was great IMO.
May 23, 2019 11:34 PM
Apr 2019
Playcool said:
Felt like the volume starts rather slow, but it is expected, and it wasnt a chore to read unlike some early volumes in the prequel.

Hamazura had a bigger role on this volume than Accelerator, conflicted about that, but that bike was awesome.
Always like to read more about Mugino and Item itself, so that was dope.

Touma apears at the end to save the day, I knew he came back this volume, but that entrance was great IMO.

Touma return with yet another loli
Sep 26, 2020 12:50 PM

Mar 2019
Really enjoying the interactions with Accelerator and Hamazura.

Touma coming in at the end was hype as hell, looks like the two other main characters are finally learning of the magic side.

Aug 7, 2021 12:42 PM

Jul 2017
Pretty damn slow and boring volume with a really, really sluggish start in particular (but then again, it's been a few months since reading the original novels and I was bored of the World War stuff too), nice ending though with Touma arriving and saving Fremea like that. While the content itself was fairly dry, it was nice seeing Hamazura again and seeing how his character rolls despite not being gifted the abilities to rely upon like everyone else. He's a breath of fresh air and if there's one positive thing to look forward to in New Testament, is that he's a main character in this.
Sep 17, 2021 7:09 AM

Jan 2017
I definitely approve of going straight to another Science side battle arc after WW3, Hamazura and Accel teaming up was really unexpected to me but they somehow synergize with each other pretty well. Shame there's none illustration that features Silver Cross, having a hard time visualizing how he really looks like

FUCK ME Touma's entrance at the end was really chessy but I CANT HELP GETTING PUMPED. Especially when he and Accel finally INTERACTED with each other again

But more importantly, the trio of Touma, Accel and Hamazura now has their own lolis to protect eh with the inclusion of Fremea (unless Hanzou takes over the role of protecting her of course)

More topics from this board

» Volume 9 Discussion. ( 1 2 3 )

ssjokg - Dec 10, 2013

114 by 2-2Distracted »»
Mar 3, 8:05 PM

» New Testament anime: Who should be performing the new OP?

khoisharky - Oct 5, 2023

1 by ShadowBreaker5 »»
Oct 6, 2023 5:36 AM

» Volume 8 Discussion

belatkuro - Aug 26, 2013

36 by FragmantLemon »»
Aug 9, 2022 9:35 AM

» Touma's Harem?

greed2 - Oct 14, 2014

17 by TAMNI-GT »»
Jun 8, 2022 12:38 PM

» Chapter Count?

cur_sed - Apr 18, 2022

2 by cur_sed »»
May 3, 2022 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.