Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Nov 2, 2009 4:18 PM

Oct 2009
R-Zero said:
And downhill we go people!
Hold tight ladies and gentlemen, the ground does not seem to be the limit!

cool story bro
Dec 6, 2009 9:04 PM

Apr 2009
Holy crap!
This ep scared me because of Kanon o.o

"Free Falcon Punch for Everybody!"|Nani?|MCC Badge|
Dec 22, 2009 2:36 PM

Jun 2008
bwahahachick said:
But... we know that Beatrice summoned those girls and they were the ones who killed Jessica and Kanon. Watching Battler struggle like this almost seems like it serves no purpose. Also, that wasn't really Kanon's body? It was trying to say that Rosa killed everyone, but jeez. I'm starting to think that whoever's eyes we are seeing this through is a little unreliable.

Or if not that, then I just can't figure it out. :| I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to figure it out though lol.
Pretty much. Don't rely on what you see maybe. Because if I start doing that I'll be even more confused because right now everything is still "the FUCK". I dropped this show, but picking it back up because of a certain character that will make an appearance.

Anyway, no idea what's really going on. I trust Battler's views and hope can proof himself. I still can't really enjoy this show, or the plot really. Just some of the chars.
Dec 30, 2009 5:00 AM

Jun 2009
I've just been watching it and 10 minutes in to it I realised there was no subs XD
I'd followed what was going on pretty well and I don't even understand Japanese XD
Jan 2, 2010 3:30 PM

Aug 2009
Holy shit man, now there are zombies and ninjas? What the fuck, lol. So, Kanon really died and that Kanon that they say was just an illusion made by Beatrice?

Also, Kanon said that Rosa was the culprit. So, he was just lying since he wanted to make the servants believe that Rosa is really the culprit all along? I'm so confused. I demand some logical explanations in all of these. Just like in Higurashi!

Plus, I think this Wolve and Sheeps puzzle means something. Wonder what it means when the image of 4 wolves and 4 sheeps in different shore and 1 sheep riding te boat going to the wolves side showed.
Feb 4, 2010 8:45 AM

Aug 2008
aww I wish they would hurry and solve the mysteries for me! Give me some answers. :P
Mar 15, 2010 11:35 AM

Aug 2008
i found battler a little bit annoying, in every episode he 'changes the chess' .
well, however good episode i liked the part when "Kanon" stunk his finger into wound.

ughh,, is it only the site when i'm watching it or in mostly of sites this anime is censored (i mean pixels on wounds. ) ?
May 8, 2010 3:23 PM

Nov 2009
KANON-KUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg what did that witch do 2 him!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! i-jus-dont-feel-good now. . .='( grr shell pay!!! and wow i thought they were all gonn die... but they didnt YAY!!! XD haha i cant belive Rosa was the suspect by evil Kanon X3 serves her right... good thing they found out he was fake though. . .anyway awesome epi i guess lol
Jul 5, 2010 4:33 AM

Dec 2009
every episode makes me like Beatrice more...
Aug 8, 2010 6:32 AM

Apr 2010
I wanted to...wait what? I don't know I kinda felt sick, I think the censorship made it feel that way. Rosa...I doubt she was the suspect though she's acting suspicious. Battler wouldn't uncover the mystery of the Stakes Of Purgatory; unless he does admit magic exists, Beatrice is the culprit, and acknowledge the existence of witches?

Everyone is counting Maria out, she's the only one who didn't die so far, Battler too, and George, or at least, we didn't see them get killed.

But this whole thing repeating itself, what kind of vortex is this turning out to be?
Things are getting even more interesting..
Dec 5, 2010 12:53 PM

Jul 2009
Good episode, I liked the meta-world parts a lot more in this one than the last part. Although there's still something I don't quite understand: do Battler's actions in the meta-world affect his decisions as a piece on the board during the game time line? The part when 'Kanon' dug into the wound on his chest made me cringe too ;o
Jan 27, 2012 9:59 PM

Sep 2011
Epiicc! One of my favorite episodes so far! :D
Aug 28, 2012 2:55 AM

Jun 2012
Ok......can someone please explain to me the meta plane and the real world?

and how can battler not believe in magic when he witnessed how everyone was killed....and when he is in gray with beato how can he not believe in magic if he sees evertything still right?
Aug 28, 2012 4:39 AM

Aug 2009
_retro_reactive said:
Ok......can someone please explain to me the meta plane and the real world?

and how can battler not believe in magic when he witnessed how everyone was killed....and when he is in gray with beato how can he not believe in magic if he sees evertything still right?

Meta world:The world were witches live and watch the games.Normal humans arent aware of it.For example after the first arc the Battler that is with Beatrice in the meta world is a different one from the on in the real world.
Real world ,well it's the real world.

Remember that during the first game/arc Battler didnt see how the others died.Later when he is against Beatrice he knows that what he sees is something she created(illusions) and she can show him whatever the hell she wants.She says so herself.
What Battler has to do is prove that every mystery can be explained without magic not that magic in general doesnt exist.Later in the story(the anime wont reach that point)he himself says that he doesnt care if magic exists and he only has to deny magic during the days the crimes took place
Aug 28, 2012 9:41 AM

Jun 2012
i see...kinda clears it up......i read the vn but it was sooo slow in the beginning that i dont watch it anymore lol...they are still introducing everyone -.-
Aug 28, 2012 9:51 AM

Aug 2009
_retro_reactive said:
i see...kinda clears it up......i read the vn but it was sooo slow in the beginning that i dont watch it anymore lol...they are still introducing everyone -.-

Yeah it is hard if you are already familiar with the characters.If you dont really care about solving the mystery watch the anime and then read the rest of the sound novels.THe anime stops(for better or worse)when the best parts start.
Aug 28, 2012 2:36 PM

Jun 2012
i only have the demo lol
Oct 19, 2012 12:39 PM

Feb 2012
Okay couple of questions first. What happened the real Kanon and was this Kanon created by Beatrice?

Next question is: can Battler actions somehow affect the game that they are now playing with Beatrice.

That Evil Kanon scene was really brutal and gory if you ask me even though some says it was censored. hah hah it was hilarious how Evil Kanon first suspected the Rosa luckily they found truth quickly and noticed that Kanon wasn't that Kanon at all.

And I noticed this time Kanon had blue sword going on when she had red one against Beatrice. So this can mean only one thing somehow Beatrice made that Evil Kanon with blue sword proves that. But it's really confusing...

Nice Episode.
Apr 22, 2014 12:20 PM

Jun 2009
I'm not sure if this was a good episode or not....I really don't get something, if Battler doesn't believe in magic or in Beatrice why is he trying to explain things to her? You can't talk to someone who doesn't exist. This is really confusing.
Jan 29, 2019 12:33 PM

Jul 2014
I don't know if it's a good sign whether I'm wondering if this show is really clever or really dumb.
Jun 25, 2022 10:48 PM
May 2022
I had a flashback from my highschool days when me and my classmates played a game with that sheep and wolf, good stuff! Anyways, this is surely getting better and better. For us watchers, it is certainly a challenge to think of a logical way to explain the murders even when Beatrice killed them right in our face. Also, that scene with Kanon and the servants was nice, the gore is definitely disturbing. Anyway, do they not worry about Kinzo? He's been missing in action since after the first sacrifice.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Trineas - Jul 1, 2009

348 by Asudox »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:13 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Rail_Tracer - Dec 22, 2009

665 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Nov 25, 2009

125 by Jonas-K »»
Oct 5, 2023 9:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.