Forum Settings
Forums
Memoirs of Amorous Gentlemen (English Edition)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2014 4:11 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I feel sorry for Colette, having to prioritize her job at the brothel over the man she likes
Sep 6, 2017 6:18 PM

Apr 2016
Wow, this first chapter was captivating! It was interesting to see Colette's reflections... I guess it truly is easier for her to live, to see her job as role-playing. Will she ever be a free woman? :(

I don't feel certain about Leon... Leon keeps having Colette give him money, but he still hasn't paid off her debts? I feel uneasy, knowing that Leon has used the money Colette gave him for entertainment purpose (alcohol, gambling, clothes...). :/ Rationally, you can't expect someone like that to keep their word, by working hard to pay off your debts...

That flashback of Edgar polishing her father's bald head... :( It was so twisted, when Edgar used to beg his father for cushions for his knees since he was in pain, but his father said "Don't worry, Edgar! Soon, you''ll enjoy it!" >.< That childhood has affected Edgar currently, since he still polishes bald heads while getting a fellatio...

Btw, the art drew me in! It reminds me of Ai Yazawa's Nana for some reason - perhaps it's the eyes? :o
Aug 24, 2021 1:59 PM

Aug 2017
I have very low expectations for Leon given how men act in stories about brothels and poor women there. Glad I picked this up after seeing the Expo short, though.
Cloe900311 said:

Btw, the art drew me in! It reminds me of Ai Yazawa's Nana for some reason - perhaps it's the eyes? :o

Anno's style is strongly influenced by Kyoko Okazaki, who she was an assistant of. Very much worth checking out (coincidentally, one of her works is also about a prostitute, called "Pink")

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bikachou Shinshi Kaikoroku Chapter 5 Discussion

-Karoshi- - May 26, 2015

4 by St0rmblade »»
Aug 26, 2021 11:10 AM

Poll: » Bikachou Shinshi Kaikoroku Chapter 3 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Jun 8, 2014

4 by St0rmblade »»
Aug 25, 2021 3:45 PM

Poll: » Bikachou Shinshi Kaikoroku Chapter 2 Discussion

-Karoshi- - Apr 8, 2014

2 by St0rmblade »»
Aug 25, 2021 3:27 PM

» What is the status of this story?

Cloe900311 - Sep 6, 2017

6 by St0rmblade »»
Aug 24, 2021 1:57 PM

Poll: » Bikachou Shinshi Kaikoroku Chapter 8 Discussion

Cloe900311 - Sep 6, 2017

0 by Cloe900311 »»
Sep 6, 2017 8:33 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.