Aug 23, 2009 5:50 PM
Jun 2008
If there is a God, then no.
Aug 23, 2009 6:01 PM

Jun 2008
Nope. It's probably done FOREVER.
Aug 23, 2009 7:40 PM

Aug 2008
They would probably have to make a 3rd season first.
Aug 24, 2009 1:45 AM

Jun 2008
babler said:
They would probably have to make a 3rd season first.

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei is the third series, despite being OVA's, is it not?

Aug 24, 2009 3:08 AM

Sep 2008
i doubt about continuation, but if they really wanted to make some more spin offs ova's there are still not animeted arcs from manga or something. They could also make a prequel. i dunno though. Besides theres always Umineko, you can see it as a continuation :D

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei is the third series, despite being OVA's, is it not?

yeah xD
Aug 24, 2009 3:09 AM

Feb 2009
no more please. rei is bad enough
Aug 24, 2009 3:10 AM

Apr 2009
No, most likely not as we have got Umineko and now this new one coming out sooner or later (name escapes me).

It's a shame, I would have loved to have seen Yoigoshi-hen animated as an OVA of somesuch.
Aug 24, 2009 3:11 AM

May 2008
I'll miss you Higurashi. Umineko is nowhere near your replacement, either.;_;

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Aug 24, 2009 5:16 AM

Sep 2008
No, most likely not as we have got Umineko and now this new one coming out sooner or later (name escapes me).

new one ? o_O

I'll miss you Higurashi. Umineko is nowhere near your replacement, either.;_;

hm...i dont think Umineko was ever intent to be raplacement...
Aug 24, 2009 12:15 PM

Apr 2008
D: there are no more Higurashi visual novels, so I say a definitive NO.
Aug 24, 2009 11:29 PM

Dec 2007
no, it didn't get oyashiro-sama's seal of approval
Aug 25, 2009 5:08 AM

Aug 2008
Neilikki said:

new one ? o_O

Ookami Kakushi... The animes been confirmed, and heres the game op http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4dHZDO75Xo
Aug 25, 2009 5:54 AM

Sep 2008
llamaben said:
Neilikki said:

new one ? o_O

Ookami Kakushi... The animes been confirmed, and heres the game op http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4dHZDO75Xo

huh? what is this? :O is it made by Ryukishi07 too? :O its not on MAL ;O
Aug 25, 2009 9:05 PM

May 2009
llamaben said:
Neilikki said:

new one ? o_O

OMG!!! Ryukishi07 + Peach-Pit *______* i knew that drawing style seemed familiar, i need Ookami Kakushi NOW!!! btw... is it a stand-alone game?? since they've confirmed an anime with only one game realeased
Aug 26, 2009 3:06 AM

Dec 2007
llamaben said:

well, i see some loli, butterflies and blood. Looks rather annoying.
Aug 26, 2009 9:26 AM

Aug 2009
llamaben said:
Neilikki said:

new one ? o_O

Does anybody know what this anime is about?
Aug 27, 2009 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
I sure as hell hope that Rei is not the end of Higurashi. They have to make up for it by just how much of a disappointment Kai and Rei were (in my opinion at least). I feel about a fourth season of Higurashi the same way I feel for a third season of Tetsuwan Birdy Decode or an anime adaptation of Mirai Nikki, I want it badly. Umineko is good for a spin-off to Higurashi of sorts, but it's never in a million years going to be a replacement for Higurashi or be quite as good frankly because Umineko's story isn't really that strong. It's sorta weak.

Ookami Kakushi looks rather interesting. Looks like a cross between Higurashi and Umineko slightly, well if the two had a Grim Reaper looking loli character. Also, I think the title, from what I've been searching around about it, means Wolfed Away. I'm not going to shout out that it's going to have werewolves in it (though it would be a big plus in my book) but the fact that one of the earliest trailers to the game has a wolf howl at the very end and that the OP for the game is dripping with awesome.
Aug 27, 2009 1:37 PM
Apr 2008
There will not likely be a 4th season; all of the Higurashi arcs have been covered thus far, except the PS2 and DS ones. It seems very slim that DEEN would cover those arcs.
Aug 28, 2009 7:57 PM
Mar 2009
KillerYandere said:
I sure as hell hope that Rei is not the end of Higurashi. They have to make up for it by just how much of a disappointment Kai and Rei were (in my opinion at least). I feel about a fourth season of Higurashi the same way I feel for a third season of Tetsuwan Birdy Decode or an anime adaptation of Mirai Nikki, I want it badly. Umineko is good for a spin-off to Higurashi of sorts, but it's never in a million years going to be a replacement for Higurashi or be quite as good frankly because Umineko's story isn't really that strong. It's sorta weak.

Ookami Kakushi looks rather interesting. Looks like a cross between Higurashi and Umineko slightly, well if the two had a Grim Reaper looking loli character. Also, I think the title, from what I've been searching around about it, means Wolfed Away. I'm not going to shout out that it's going to have werewolves in it (though it would be a big plus in my book) but the fact that one of the earliest trailers to the game has a wolf howl at the very end and that the OP for the game is dripping with awesome.

Judging from your profile, it seems like you only liked the gory horror suspenseful part of Higurashi. It was never meant to be that way and the studio put too much focus on that in the first season leaving out most of the drama.

In the anime it is like:

Horror: 45%
Mystery: 35 %
Drama: 10%
Comedy: 10%

If you'd play the visual novels it would go like:

Horror: 35%
Mystery: 25%
Drama: 30%

Studion Deen did a much better job adapting the source material in the second season, but with their first season, it brought along those so called "Killer Loli" fans. Second season turned most of them off because of that. I'd just thought I let you know that.
HaiShangAug 28, 2009 8:06 PM
Aug 29, 2009 3:16 PM

Sep 2008
but it's never in a million years going to be a replacement for Higurashi or be quite as good frankly because Umineko's story isn't really that strong. It's sorta weak.

oh my fukin gawd XDXDXD....

no....seriously

There will not likely be a 4th season; all of the Higurashi arcs have been covered thus far, except the PS2 and DS ones. It seems very slim that DEEN would cover those arcs.

they could also make a spin offs out of these Yoigoshi-hen , Onisarashi-hen , Utsutsukowashi-hen

I would want to see first and third ones animated
Sep 6, 2009 10:42 AM
Jul 2018
PsychFreak said:
KillerYandere said:

Judging from your profile, it seems like you only liked the gory horror suspenseful part of Higurashi. It was never meant to be that way and the studio put too much focus on that in the first season leaving out most of the drama.

In the anime it is like:

Horror: 45%
Mystery: 35 %
Drama: 10%

If you'd play the visual novels it would go like:

Horror: 35%
Mystery: 25%
Drama: 30%

Studion Deen did a much better job adapting the source material in the second season, but with their first season, it brought along those so called "Killer Loli" fans. Second season turned most of them off because of that. I'd just thought I let you know that.

That's not the case actually. I liked Higurashi for the story. It was well planned out and never boring. My only real problem with season two was when they tried to make us feel some sort of sympathy for Takano with the flash backs of her life as a youth after she killed the main characters in cold blood. Her flash back episodes seemed to drag on forever. Yet, they wrapped up the series nicely in the final arc. They could have ended it right there.

However, they made Higurashi Rei. Some of us were at least expecting it to be on par with the previous seasons. We finally get Rei and it starts with a bit of a goofy swimming pool arc. Sure the plot was sorta stupid in the first OVA but it was at least entertaining to watch. However, Rika's arc in Rei was what an arc in Higurashi should not be....boring. Though i did chuckle when Rika beat Satoko with a chair. The final OVA that was adapted from Daybreak was fun to a point, but it still doesn't atone from the fact that Rei ended up as a dud.

Dont' brush off the Killer Loli concept. The reason alot of people know or watched Higurashi was because of the Killer Lolis or prior experience with the visual novels. Higurashi is supposed to be suspensful to a point and Rei really had none of the suspense and mystery the first two seasons had. And Rei was not even able to provide closure to the series at all. That's what I wanted.
Sep 6, 2009 2:44 PM

Jul 2009
Rei wasn't made to give closure to the series, if anything that was Kai's job. Rei is an OVA, people seem to forget that a lot.
Sep 6, 2009 4:06 PM

Jul 2009
Yeah, I started watching Rei for the sake of wanting to see what happens after the last episode of Kai, I really didn't expect much actual fluff. Bloody hell the art is better in Rei though (Slightly opinionated I know, but I really believe they improved a LOT, and the budget was upped).
Sep 8, 2009 7:15 AM
Jul 2018
Psychodrake said:
Yeah, I started watching Rei for the sake of wanting to see what happens after the last episode of Kai, I really didn't expect much actual fluff. Bloody hell the art is better in Rei though (Slightly opinionated I know, but I really believe they improved a LOT, and the budget was upped).

Well, I will admit that Higurashi Rei looked better visually than the previous seasons. Perhaps I am being a bit too harsh on it, but I just didn't care for Rika's arc in the OVA. Something about it was off putting. The voice work was terrific as always and the opening and closing songs were great, especially the opening song.

Maybe my expectations were too high but at least it was a better OVA series than say the OVA of Shikabane Hime Kuro which instead of concluding the battle that took place in the final episode like it should have was more or less a flashback episode on one of the other characters.
Sep 9, 2009 1:47 AM

Jul 2009
KillerYandere said:
Maybe my expectations were too high but at least it was a better OVA series than say the OVA of Shikabane Hime Kuro which instead of concluding the battle that took place in the final episode like it should have was more or less a flashback episode on one of the other characters.

*Cries*
Oct 12, 2009 11:02 AM
Dec 2007
I think KY kind of made us think he hated Kai as a whole, yet he just hates the Takano flashbacks. Those flashbacks are there to give her character some life cause up to that point she was just the nurse who gets burned inside a trashcan. And the first thing we saw of Keiichi was him murdering Rena and Shion so really, it's weird that it bothered you that they tried to give Takano some pity points, since they did that for all the "killers" (except Satoko's uncle and aunt, and her uncle's whorish woman accomplice).

Jun 9, 2011 2:22 PM
Apr 2011
Apparently, there's Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira coming out soon, but it looks like it'll just be some slice of life kind of flick, no actual plot. I don't think they could really continue the plot anyways, it was kind of finalized at the end of higurashi Rei, I'm guessing.

Leon-Gun said:
I think KY kind of made us think he hated Kai as a whole, yet he just hates the Takano flashbacks. Those flashbacks are there to give her character some life cause up to that point she was just the nurse who gets burned inside a trashcan. And the first thing we saw of Keiichi was him murdering Rena and Shion so really, it's weird that it bothered you that they tried to give Takano some pity points, since they did that for all the "killers" (except Satoko's uncle and aunt, and her uncle's whorish woman accomplice).
It wasn't just for pity, though. Her backstory defined her reason for everything she did - her unfortunate experiences prior to meeting Hifumi made meeting Hifumi all the better for her, and after all the mess of disgracing Hifumi's research, she took it up with all of that motivation - basically, she tried to make it her purpose in life, to continue the research and execute what it entails, so much that her motive was pretty much life or death. If her plans didn't work, then her purpose in life (to her) was null and her reason to live was, therefore, null as well.

Not just for pity, but for explaining her motive. After she failed at the end of Kai, I'm guessing she figured there was nothing she could do with her life anymore.
HaibaneRenmeiFanJun 9, 2011 2:40 PM
Jun 19, 2011 5:39 AM
Mar 2011
I also noticed that they were about to air Kira as an OVA like Rei. I really wanted the answers o some of the unanswered questions like who and why wanted Rika dead (besides Takano) (the best way to do this is to show some more of what happened in a timeline where Rika died)...
Dec 31, 2021 7:42 AM
Sep 2020
Yes, there is, even 2 of them.
Dec 31, 2021 7:42 AM
Sep 2020
Yes, there is, even 2 of them.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Gar_Logan - Aug 19, 2009

245 by KingOfMAL »»
Mar 19, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Katsuki - Jun 12, 2009

186 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 12, 2023 12:41 AM

» Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei [Visual Novel Discussion]

waalex11 - Apr 14, 2023

1 by Ricedumpismyname »»
Apr 15, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

phinix_down - Feb 14, 2009

190 by --bee-- »»
Jan 2, 2023 1:21 PM

» am i the only person disgusted by all this 'loli' shit?

AiyanaMiyuki - Dec 25, 2021

6 by removed-user »»
Nov 6, 2022 10:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.