Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 26, 2021 11:40 AM
Apr 2012
Well, I enjoyed this series (except the episode when Eledore and Michel got captured by Zeons, that was idiotic). The fights were mostly interesting (Norris what a badass) and they actually put some thought into showing battle tactics, using their surroundings, things like that. Seems like fights on Earth in Gundam are in general better than in space. In space they're just flying around and there's little sense of distance.

The characters were likeable. It was actually interesting to see Shiro's idealism crash against the reality (especially ep 8). The romance with Aina was also enjoyable, as both sides of it were developed and she actually has a good personality. So I was cheering them on.

This episode was good too, both sides are terrible and commit war crimes. Shiro and Aina are right to get out of there. Federation sniper was the MVP lol. At least the good characters survived for once.
Apr 26, 2022 12:14 PM
May 2008
MadManMad said:
Well, that was dogshit.
"This is war!"
"AMMM AKCHUALLY THIS IS ABOUT MUH FEELING!"
You know the main cast is retarded when the only sane man here is the mad scientist guy.
Everything I heard about this anime was a lie.

I stan Ghinius because I legit think he's the best character in 08th. He is relatable and as a fellow BPD bitch I find him the most sympathetic, definitely more than Shiro and Aina lol

Though I feel like if Shiro and Aina were honestly portrayed as dumb, horny, impulsive 20-somethings who were shitty to ditch their comrades in the middle of battle ala Reccoa and suffer consequences accordingly, they'd be fine as characters. 08th would've been a much darker series, but ultimately I think it would've been a better one because as it is most of the writing in the 2nd half, especially w/Shiro and Aina, breaks down if you think about it for more than 5 seconds.

Unfortunately due to the massive production issues the series had, I think writing problems were probably inevitable.
Jun 6, 2022 2:08 PM

Nov 2016
6,5/10 it was the good kind of alright. Still disappointing how half-assed and rushed it was on top. I thought I wouldn't mind since I prepared myself, but the lack of satisfaction is noticeable :S Welp, at least it was enjoyable and I warmed up to Shiro x Aina. Thankfully they survived.

P.S. This anime didn't lack nice music.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 28, 2022 11:51 PM

May 2020
It's too bad that the production of this OVA was so complicated. There are definite hints of a good show, especially in the second half, but the guy who took over for the original creator just wasn't able to tie it all together in time for the finale. Like, the Aina + Shiro romance is the obvious story thread to pick up on, but there wasn't enough episodes left to make their relationship not feel rushed. I appreciate the unique, Vietnam-inspired look into the Gundam universe, but the characters were unremarkable and the storylines were basic.
Oct 5, 2022 9:38 PM
Feb 2021
This episode hit me with more emotion than I've felt in a long time for an anime. Seeing Shiro without his leg . . . Oh man.
"Tomatoes are nutritious and scrumptious."--Ryuunoske Akasaka, "The Pet Girl of Sakurasou"

Sword Art Online is mid, not utter trash. Oh yes, I'm such a rebel. 😎
Nov 19, 2022 12:44 PM

Feb 2012
Currently available legally on GundamInfo

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 7, 2023 5:05 AM

Jul 2017
I absolutely loved this ending, and the anime.
''Touch the darkness inside me''

Nov 14, 2023 12:39 AM

May 2019
Wow I hope they survived.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team Episode 2 Discussion

Arcanus - Jul 27, 2009

39 by JION43 »»
Mar 29, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

naikou - Feb 6, 2009

51 by CrillSnort »»
Mar 21, 6:16 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Arcanus - Jul 27, 2009

102 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 11, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team Episode 6 Discussion

Arcanus - Jul 27, 2009

49 by VioletOlya »»
Nov 26, 2023 12:05 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team Episode 10 Discussion

Arcanus - Jul 27, 2009

40 by skatensleep »»
Nov 14, 2023 12:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.